The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Leg Extension On Bench?

Alot of people have been saying i should work legs so ive decided to. Ive also realised that my weight bench has got a leg extension (stupidly) but not really sure how to use it propally. Do u just bend your knees over the first ones then curl ur feet under the bottom ones? Seems simple but theres to other bits sticking out infront of me aswell.... and it says it holds 35kg... could ne1 help please? p.s are deadlifts good for working legs?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by GMAN
    Alot of people have been saying i should work legs so ive decided to. Ive also realised that my weight bench has got a leg extension (stupidly) but not really sure how to use it propally. Do u just bend your knees over the first ones then curl ur feet under the bottom ones? Seems simple but theres to other bits sticking out infront of me aswell.... and it says it holds 35kg... could ne1 help please? p.s are deadlifts good for working legs?
    I'm fairly sure you put your knees UNDER the first one and then curl your feet under the bottom one. And yes deadlifts are good for working legs as well as back.

Not sure mine might be different because theres no room for me to put them under the first one. With leg extensions are they good like worth doing and how many reps and stuff should i do? Basically i mean are deadlifts and leg extensions enough work for legs?

Matt04
    can you do squats? leg extensions are a good completmentary exercise but squats should be your main one. aim for around 8 or so reps 1-2 reps short of failure, or failure if that is how you train.

No i carnt to squats. Im not to concerned about legs really but the thing is got me is that some ppl said if you dont do your legs you'l get to a point when your chest or wotever want grow anymore for some reason but probably true. Would it be ok then if i just do deadlifts and leg extensions ?

No i carnt to squats. Im not to concerned about legs really but the thing is got me is that some ppl said if you dont do your legs you'l get to a point when your chest or wotever want grow anymore for some reason but probably true. Would it be ok then if i just do deadlifts and leg extensions ?
    Why can't you do squats? How do you poo???

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Why can't you do squats? How do you poo???
    may be he's sitting down and not sitting back.

Matt04
    it would be better than nothing but it you could do squats or legpress atleast it would benefit you alot. because they will hit your legs harder than DL or legextensions

Quote Originally Posted by Matt04
    it would be better than nothing but it you could do squats or legpress atleast it would benefit you alot. because they will hit your legs harder than DL or legextensions
    Just so I understand, by DL you mean deadlift? And are you saying then that legpress would hit legs better than a deadlift would?
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt04
    Squat yes, leg press no. A deadlift properly done is second only to squats for working legs.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 09-30-2005 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeAnabolic
    Squat yes, leg press no. A deadlift properly done is second only to squats for working legs.
    That's what I thought...

Why aren't you concerned about your legs? Do you understand the importance of working your full body? If you've ever seen it, you know that a guy with a massive upper body and thin chicken legs is just f00ked
    Last edited by Y0yo; 09-30-2005 at 06:15 AM.
    Steroid Info Click Here

Matt04
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeAnabolic

i feel that legpress hits my quads harder, and with deadlifts it hits my hamstrings harder. i do use lots of leg dive in mine but it must just be me.

Just carnt seem to get the form right. Plus i havent got a squat rack and i dunno how the hell i'd get heavy weight on my shoulders.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I'd say leg press hits my legs harder than deadlifts...
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    I'd say leg press hits my legs harder than deadlifts...
    Guess it depends on how much weight you are able to use on those exercises.
    I'd think for most people a deadlift would be superior because it has the advantage of being free weight (i.e. you can adjust it to 'fit' yourself) On the other hand you have to 'fit' yourself to the leg press ROM.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 09-30-2005 at 09:57 PM.

If you can't do squats, try lunges.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

What are lunges how do u do them?

Steroid Info Click Here

thanks seems pretty cool. How good are they for legs ?

Just tried them now damn thats harder than i thought... probably because ive got some heavy-ass dumb bells and i havent done my legs b4, defiently blasted them though... Thing is though i couldnt get my knee low enough to the floor i think like it shows.. but does that really matter? p.s should i try settin up some lighter dumb bells to get form correct?

p.s should i try settin up some lighter dumb bells to get form correct?
    In most (if not all) cases, it is preferable to use lighter weight and stricter form over more weight and less strict form.

To get better form, try doing them sans (without) weight, just body weight. I also prefer doing them with a BB rather than DB's.

PS: If you have questions about how to do most of the exercises we talk about here at WBB, try going here, it's a great resource: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

They dumb-bell lunges must be gr8 fair play. My legs are aching today feels like ive never worked them b4... thanks guys for telling me 2 work my legs lol - im up for it .

BG5150 - How the hell do you do lunges with a barbell lol?

They dumb-bell lunges must be gr8 fair play. My legs are aching today feels like ive never worked them b4... thanks guys for telling me 2 work my legs lol - im up for it .

BG5150 - How the hell do you do lunges with a barbell lol?
    You put the BB on your back like a squat and LUNGE!!
    High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.

Ok thanks, i'l stick to the dumb-bells then.

BB Lunge. Even though you lean the bar where you do squats, you don't use as much weight as you do in squats!