The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My full routine

My full routine

Hey guys, i know this is like the 3rd thread ive posted in a day but its the last one i will need for a long time. I am going to post my goals and what i am doing, wondering if its good.

My goal is to get stronger and lose weight, i am 16 and 5'8 240 as of now, ive lost 35 lbs so far and want another 30 or so.

For eating i eat healthy foods at good portions with 1 cheat day, no need to under eat (still young) or over eat (im fat as it is lol).

I go to the gym 3 days a week, monday wednes. fri.

Monday - Arms, Shoulders, Cardio.
    Weds - Chest, Bit more arms, Some abs, Cardio.
    Friday - Lower body, Cardio.

For cardio i do the "marines test" and my record so far is 25 minutes , 3 mile run, im fairly proud of that considering my size. its about 650 calories each time.

On monday i do hammer curls 40 10 x 3 each arm, curls with straight bar 95 10 x 3, tricep pulldown thingy 190 x 10 200 x 10 210 x 10, and with the wavy bar i do the curls backwards pulling up with my forarms 60 10 x 3.

monday cont. ( i really want big shoulders so i am doing low rep high weight)
    Shrugs 50 15 x 3, overhead press 160 - 170 5 x 3, arnold press 35 5 x 3, and on the straight bar (pulling up to my chin dont know the name) 120 5 x 3.

Weds. flat bench (still curious on this) 135 x 5, 155 x 8, 175 x 8, 195 x 2
    some machine where u butterfly your arms i dont know the name of it, 160 5 x 3, dumbell bench 50 5 x 5.

Fri. leg press 500 10 x 3, leg exten. 120 10 x 3, hams. curl 120 10 x 3, calf extention 300 10 x 3, incline leg press 250 10 x 3

fri. cont - row machine, pulling toward, 155 10 x 3, another simalar machine with hands grabbing close pulling toward chest, 140 10 x 3, another machine laying back for lower back 130 10 x 3

well sorry if i dont know the name of alot of things, not very techniqual when it comes to this.

dead lift isnt possible at my YMCA, its not big enough, and squats hurt my back and i have poor flexibility and its hard to get my arms back there.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ah sorry forgot to add, i also play the drums!

Supreme Champ
    do the cardio either a different day or at a completely different time in the day might be better to do shoulders n chest in the same day also you seem to be lacking back exercises

so i suggest
    Monday Chest Shoulders Tri's
    Wednesday Back and Bi's
    Friday Legs

throw in abs whenever
    Currently Age 16 5'10 158.5lbs
    10km run:43min

"The referee is the most important man in the ring besides the two fighters." -Big George Foreman

"He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts."-Blackie Sherrod

ok i will see, and the cardio 3 times a week is working big time stamina wise and losing weight ( fat i hope ), i went in there with a 10 minute mile and now i am at 8

dont forget to train your back =/

^yeah i am going to try to find more back exersizes to do, right now i just know of the lower back machine and the pulling machines

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    I suggest doing Sprint Intervals instead of long drawn-out runs. More efficient fat loss. Type "HIIT" into google.

Oh, and remember to concentrate on diet 100%!
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 09-29-2005 at 07:24 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayo
    do the cardio either a different day or at a completely different time in the day might be better to do shoulders n chest in the same day also you seem to be lacking back exercises

so i suggest
    Monday Chest Shoulders Tri's
    Wednesday Back and Bi's
    Friday Legs

throw in abs whenever
    id go with what kayo said only thing i would change would be, instead of doing triceps with the chest and shoulders, switch it with biceps. that way you are doing bi's on monday and tri's on wednesday. the reason i would do that would be because on monday with doing chest and shoulders (push exercises), your triceps are already getting a good workout so doing triceps again would be a little too much. and withsame thing with the back, considering your doing dead's etc (pull exercises) your already using your biceps enough. just my opinion though.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    dead lift isnt possible at my YMCA, its not big enough, and squats hurt my back and i have poor flexibility and its hard to get my arms back there.
    What's not big enough? All you need for deadlift is a bar and weights. Stick with the squats and do light weight until you get comfortable.

^ yeah i mean like there is no space lol its really crammed in the free weight room.

yes im going to change my schedule to what kayo said, and ill check out the sprint intervals.

i have noticed my arms are getting smaller, more defined but smaller, i hope this is fat.

do you guys think i will lose much muscle losing another 30-40 until i am ready to bulk?

Not a lot of muscle will be lost. If you do, you probably have a fairly decent amount of muscle to begin with. Just don't worry about it and get to the cutting!
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

ah ok i got it, now with cutting will 10 reps with 3 sets be good? also can i keep bulking my shoulders because there isnt much fat on them

You can do deadlifts right where you do squats. Instead of the bar being on your shoulders it's at your feet.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

^ok i will try them on wedesday.

ok guys ive decided this, im going to cut, low weight high reps, and do the HIIT (hard stuff) until i reach my desired weight of 200-205, thats about 35-40 lbs away, hopefully then i will be pretty lean and cut, then i will start bulking.

im hoping to get all the fat off by christmas, i think its possible i started the gym in late july at 275 and doing wieghts and running with no routine i am now at 240.

do deadlift with DBs... well that depends on how much weight you can lift.

^what is db?

DB=dumbell as opposed to BB=barbell
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

here's another tip.. dont' take it the wrong way, but try to learn as much about different exercises and names of equipments as possible. "Knowledge is power" =)

^oh lol i know im always asking questions in the gym, people are really nice in there =)

im thinking for this massive cut 3 sets of 15 on all exercises? sound good?

Don't do 3 sets of 15. I promise you that you'll lose muscle on a cut if you do that. Lift heavy on a cut! Something more like 3 sets of 6-8 reps in that range would work a lot better.
    Lifting Journal

oh lol, alright, i will do so.

Built you serious i thought that was true, light weights with lots of reps for cutting? How do you cut then exactly, if u got the time to explain lol... im pretty sure ive just been bulking hopefully

yeah that would be good lol

To cut, keep lifting heavy like you would with a bulk. The only thing you change is that you eat below maintenance instead of above maintenance like you would with a bulk. And keep your protein levels high and don't stop eating fat.

Also, another thing that you could do to help your cut is to do 3 full-body workouts a week. This will help keep your muscles stimulated constantly and will aid in preventing muscle loss.
    Lifting Journal