The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Weight belt--leather or other?

What do you thihnk would be a better weight lifting belt: leather or the "other kind". By other kind I mean:

I asked for a weight lifting belt for my birthday (thanks mrellwooddowd--you're the only one who noticed). I expected to get a Sports Authority gift card, but my parents got me a Nike belt. It's got some padding on the inside, and is made of some sort of stiff plastic (I think).

I was just wondering what you guys think: should I trade it in for a leather one? I'm not doing huge weights, but when I max on my deads and squats, I'd like a little safety net.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I'm not a big fan of Valeo belts, but they are comfortable and Sven Karlsen uses one so they can't be all bad. I really can't imagine what kind of belt you are describing to be honest, and I'm just thinking it's like a Valeo belt. As long as it provides some support and isn't going to fall apart on you, it will probably do the job.

I have an suede Inzer two-prong, 13mm "forever belt" and I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    I'm not a big fan of Valeo belts, but they are comfortable and Sven Karlsen uses one so they can't be all bad. I really can't imagine what kind of belt you are describing to be honest, and I'm just thinking it's like a Valeo belt. As long as it provides some support and isn't going to fall apart on you, it will probably do the job.

I have an suede Inzer two-prong, 13mm "forever belt" and I absolutely love it.
    It's actaully a Nike belt. I looked thru google, but, believe it or not, I can't find it!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    It's actaully a Nike belt. I looked thru google, but, believe it or not, I can't find it!
    Yeah, I got that. I just was having a hard time imagining what kind of belt it was and was using the Valeo belt as an example of a non-leather belt.

They are all pretty much the same, really. Keep in mind that they disallow padded belts at some powerlifting meets.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

riprogrammazione
    I use a Weider leather belt for which I paid Ä12,00. It keeps my intestines where they are intended to be.