Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    lack of a great diet (college food...limited on what i can eat) might not be helping any
    There are plenty of guys eating college food who make great progress. Just get some kind of protein every meal, and eat as much fruit and vegetables as you can get your hands on.

Also if you have a frige buy 3-4 gallons of milk, make that last 2 weeks or so... best weightgainer on the market, and that'll only cost ya 6-10$
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Supreme Champ
    standing military bb has probobly been the best exercise i've done for my shoulders
    Currently Age 16 5'10 158.5lbs
    10km run:43min

"The referee is the most important man in the ring besides the two fighters." -Big George Foreman

"He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts."-Blackie Sherrod

squat it all!
    [QUOTE=greathuskie]though lack of a great diet (college food...limited on what i can eat) might not be helping any[QUOTE]

i never had such access to the right types and amounts of food than when i was in college. all you can eat cafeterias? (VA tech -- go hokies!) forget about it!
    always hungry...

[QUOTE=squat it all!][QUOTE=greathuskie]though lack of a great diet (college food...limited on what i can eat) might not be helping any

i never had such access to the right types and amounts of food than when i was in college. all you can eat cafeterias? (VA tech -- go hokies!) forget about it!
    Did you go to Tech? I did...many moons ago...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

I do standing millies. I think I'm one of few on this board..lol. I like them, and I don't really have a bench capable of doing them seated anyway. I set one foot slightly back and concentrate on finishing the rep directly above my head, while bringing the bar down to chest level each time. Cleaning the weight into position can put a huge strain on my delts, so I've really worked on the form involved in that, along with making a smooth transition into that first rep. One day I plan to do a routine of all olypic lifts, so it'll benefit me at some point I'm sure.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    I do standing millies. I think I'm one of few on this board..lol. I like them, and I don't really have a bench capable of doing them seated anyway. I set one foot slightly back and concentrate on finishing the rep directly above my head, while bringing the bar down to chest level each time. Cleaning the weight into position can put a huge strain on my delts, so I've really worked on the form involved in that, along with making a smooth transition into that first rep. One day I plan to do a routine of all olypic lifts, so it'll benefit me at some point I'm sure.
    The clean should be the trivially easy part compared to strict or push pressing weight overhead. Work on form until it is easy.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

I do my standing militaries in the squat rack so there's no need to clean the weight--I just take it off the pegs.

(So, mrelwooddowd, there's at least two of us who do the standing mil's...)
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    The clean should be the trivially easy part compared to strict or push pressing weight overhead. Work on form until it is easy.
    :withstupi

Your traps should be doing almost all the work on the clean, the deltoids only activate to 'catch' the bar ideally.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    The movement is easy enough, but catching the weight as it settles in can be painful. I think I have a rotator injury as well, so I try to just make a smooth transition into the press without actually letting the weight completely settle down and stress the delts.

Before I got my power rack I was squatting this way as well, actually putting the weight on my shoulders and taking it back off, so I've got the clean pretty much straight.

BG - My rack is too short

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I love standing millies . Do them in the rack as well
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

squat it all!
    [QUOTE=BG5150][QUOTE=squat it all!]
    Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    though lack of a great diet (college food...limited on what i can eat) might not be helping any
    Did you go to Tech? I did...many moons ago...
    yep, from 97-00. i remember eating in the dining halls and lifting in the weight room with those D1 lineman (until they got a brand new football-only facility).
    always hungry...

[QUOTE=squat it all!][QUOTE=BG5150]
    Quote Originally Posted by squat it all!

yep, from 97-00. i remember eating in the dining halls and lifting in the weight room with those D1 lineman (until they got a brand new football-only facility).
    I lived in the athlete's dorm my freshman year in '87-'88. It was called NUF, for New Undergraduate Facility. Even though I wasn't in the athletic dept, they let me eat in the dining room. It was so much sweeter than the dining halls. And back then, all we had were the dining halls where you had to eat on the meal plan...there was no debit system. It was cool, tho'...once a month it was steak nite, and we could have as many as we wanted! And we were the first dining hall to have a soft ice cream machine and a microwave...wow, so many years ago...