Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm the strongest guy on this forum...

Askhnaksand Adkjjajdv Ajd Jdad Aysduia

......in my dreams of course

So I've decided to start a journal on here. I have been maintaining one on my computer for the last 9 months or so, but posting here where I'm gonna be under the microscope of the world's strongest, biggest and baddest mofos has to be infinitely better :P

I'm 29 yo, 6'0, 185lbs at 18-19% bf. I workout at home alone in my power rack. All my maxes at this point are estimated, as I don't max out too often.

Bench: 235, Squat: 250( I know I know, world record material for sure), Deadlift: 335.

Saturday Nov 19th, 2005

Flat Bench:
    205 * 5 * 5.

I'm pretty sure I can bench 210 * 5 * 5 but I switched to 5x5 today after doing 10 * 3 for the last 3 weeks and didn't go all out. One of my immediate goals is to be able to bench 225 * 5 * 5 ASAP. I've always dreamed of never having to work out with anything less than 2 pps.

And don't worry, I'm squatting 5x5 2x a week, since a more important goal of mine is to squat 5x5 with 315. That looks really far away though

Bent over barbell rows:
    200 * 5 * 5
    Last edited by ufc2005; 11-20-2005 at 10:22 PM.

Keep up the good work man. Stay focused on the prize.

Thanks hulkinout. Whereabouts in NYC are you at?

Sunday Nov 20th, 2005

Squats:

8 sets of 220 * 5

315 * 5 seems like it's eons away. Oh well, 6 months ago I was squatting 115, so I know that if I keep it up, it'll come sooner or later.

I usually do leg extensions but I'm gonna stay away from them for a few weeks to see if the knee pain I've been feeling lately stems from the extensions or the squats.

Was gonna do some SLDLs today, but I gotta go out. My legs are dead anyway from all the squatting.

Monday Nov 21st, 2005

Close grip bench press (6-7 inches between my hands):
    160 * 5
    165 * 5
    170 * 5
    175 * 5
    180 * 5

Skullcrushers with ezcurl bar:
    65 * 8
    70 * 8
    75 * 8, left elbow started to hurt a bit

Barbell curls:
    90 * 8
    95 * 8
    100 * 8

Dang...it's so crowded in here....ppl please..don't barge in all at the same time...i'm gonna have to start chargin an entry fee if the chaos doesn't stop!

I would bet the knee soreness is coming from the leg extensions. I believe going slightly past parellel on squats also helps to relieve some of the stress on the knee joint.

Keep at them and you'll hit that 315 lb goal for squirts. Good luck.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Nice workout dude. CGBP is lookin' mean as hell, as are the bb curls. Keep it up.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

Tim, thanks man. Yeah I read a lotta posts here about leg extensions placing a lotta stress on the knees, so I figured the pain is most probably from them. But, I haven't been squatting for too long, so there's a chance my form is slightly off. I am definitely going a decent amount past parallel, so hopefully the pain goes away.

Bschatz, thanks bro. I've become somewhat of a triceps and anterior delts bencher. I really should widen my grip on flat presses, but it's tough for me to do cuz I can't press as much. It's something that I know will pay off in the long run but just haven't started doing yet. As for the curls, I used to be a curl jockey a long time ago lol. I only recently started working my bis again, even tho i've been workin out for about 10 months, and my bis got stronger even without focusing on them. I really don't give a **** about my bicep strength though. I just wanna be strong as hell in the big 3. Speaking of which, you're roughly my build and have much better lifts than me. Awesome dude! I hope to catch up some day.
    Last edited by ufc2005; 11-21-2005 at 08:01 PM.

For leg extensions, try this:

Don't go all the way down. Only keep the top third of the movement. This should avoid the knee stress problem. They're brutal this way too - you have to keep constant stress on the quad - drop the weight down. This isn't a heavy movement. Slow and controlled - a tempo I like to use is "one to go up, hold for one, lower to a count of two".

Hey Built..thanks for your advice and I'm honored you decided to visit ..you're a legend on this forum

I actually was doing the extensions somewhat like the way you advocated. I wasn't going down all the way, but I may have been repping a tad too fast. My knees really have been hurting though, so I think I'll stay away from the extensions for a week or two. If the pain is still there, I'm gonna have to revisit my squat form. Perhaps post a vid and get you guys to analyze it..

The pain is kinda weird. I don't feel any pain when I'm walking. I usually feel it when I've been sitting down for a while and then stand up. Like a few mins ago, I was on my sofa with my legs outstretched and horizontal on my coffee table. When I stood up, my knees ached. Bummer.

Thanks dude, your lifts will get there soon enough.

What's your diet like right now? Just curious
    Last edited by bschatz88; 11-21-2005 at 08:41 PM.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Clean Bulk

Lookin pretty strong man. Since you've got the name UFC, you fight at all?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

bschatz, hmm..i'm kinda just winging it as far as my diet goes...classic beginner's inertia

I really should start paying close attention to diet and start tracking it though to maximize my gains...

I usually have 5 meals a day..for instance, today I had 2 EAS myoplex shakes..one as soon as I woke up and another when I got home from work...oatmeal for bkfast..2 glasses of milk..chicken and rice for lunch..and rice with beef cubes for dinner..not sure how many calories are in all that..I have been gaining weight though...i usually weigh in at exactly 185 as soon as I wake up..and 188 before I goto bed..

Chubrock, thanks bro. Your squats, chins and dips put me to shame..awesome stuff..
    Yes I am a fan of the UFC and pride, couldn't really think of a nickname so I ended up just picking this in the spur of the moment.. I don't train though..I'm just a deadly keyboard warrior I need to get a directv descrambler..i've probably dropped 2grand in the last few yrs on PPVs...and I don't even record them..can u believe that..what a fool i am.. You train MMA?
    Last edited by ufc2005; 11-21-2005 at 09:12 PM.

very nice lifts... cgbp is crazy high

and i think your max bp might be higher than 235 if you do 205 5x5

very nice though
    I don't have time. I make time.

Yeah man, as long as you're constantly gaining weight, that's the main thing. Make sure you're postworkout nutrition is on lockdown too.

If you stop making gains, you're not eating enough, simple as that.
    Can't wait to see what your next workout looks like bro
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Clean Bulk

Albanator, thanks man. I don't really like maxing, cuz most of the time when I do, I end up trying too much and failing, and all that does is demoralize me. I'm not gonna max again on flat BP until I can do 5 sets of 225 * 5. Which could be several months away.

Bryan, I hear ya. I'm getting better as far as nutrition goes, but I have a long ways to go. I gotta start using fitday. Otherwise it's just so hard to keep track of everything.

Wednesday Nov 23rd, 2005

Incline Bench Press:
    160 * 5
    165 * 5
    170 * 5
    175 * 5
    180 * 5, 5th rep was tough as hell. Cheated a bit to complete the rep. I improved on this by 5lbs from the previous week. Last week I started with 155 and ended with 175. I'm probably gonna do a pyramid like this for incline benching, until progression becomes difficult. I've been able to go up by abt 5lbs a week at inclines cuz I just started doing them recently and didn't really know how much I was capable of doing. I'll probably switch to a 5x5 rep scheme with the same weight soon, which is what I'm doing with most exercises. My inclines and close grip benches are too close to my flat bench, which probably indicates I'm mostly a triceps/anterior delts bencher. Not good.

Squats: 5x5
    220 * 5
    220 * 5
    220 * 5
    220 * 5
    220 * 5
    These felt a little tougher than Sunday when I did 8 sets with this weight. But that's probably because I did them today after getting home from work. And I'm never at my strongest on weekday evenings. Also, I try to get 2 squat workouts(approx 13 working sets) with a specific weight before trying to move up by 5lbs. It's been working well so far. Seems like doing this allows my muscles/tendons time to get accustomed to the weight. Besides I have a hip injury and don't want to rush things. Next workout I'll bump to 225.

Lateral DB raises:
    35 * 8 * 2, could definitely go heavier, but all I have is one 35lb dumbell.

Front DB raises:
    35 * 8 * 2. Again, I could go heavier on these if I had heavier DBs.

Ending weight 186.5lbs.

One problem I have working out at home in my power rack, is keeping up the intensity. Often I'll quit after doing 2 or 3 exercises. I just can't do that ****.
    Last edited by ufc2005; 11-23-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ufc2005

One problem I have working out at home in my power rack, is keeping up the intensity. Often I'll quit after doing 2 or 3 exercises. I just can't do that ****.
    Blast that radio. Really get into it. Don't half åss it and then go watch tv.

If you can only stay focused enough to get in 2-3 lifts, switch to an upper/lower split and shoot for 4lifts at least. Shouldn't take longer than 45mins even if you are doing 5x5.

Now lets see some SLDL's next time! And do some BB lunges while letting the leg extension machine rot.
    Get pumped man!
    Do what Rick Flair does. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nice inclines dude
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Clean Bulk

Nice lookin squats man. How deep ya goin? I train BJJ, but not MMA, at least as of now.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

muscleup, solid advice bro..i usually have the tv going and not the radio...which results in me occasionally taking breaks that are a little too long From now on, I'll try the radio. As for my split, I have a split that I came up with which involves me lifting 5x a week. It's been great strength wise, so I'm gonna experiment with it a little longer. Then maybe switch to something more conventional.

bschatz, thanks man..i hurt my right shoulder on that last set..I've had a nagging right shoulder issue for some time..I usually feel a little pain on my 1st set which goes away after that. The pain actually had almost gone away completely for the last several months, but it looks like it might have resurfaced. It was my fault though, I didn't warm up when doing those inclines. Jumped right into 160 and paid the price.

Chubrock, thanks bud. I go about 2 or 3 inches past parallel. I actually have a pretty bad right hip injury(torn labrum). That injury basically doesn't heal on it's own. The doc told me not to squat period, but my legs are my weakest body part and there's no way I can keep away from squatting. I always feel some pain in the right hip when squatting but I've learned to live with it. I don't think I'm aggravating the injury though which is good. Also, out of all the exercises I'm doing, squats, without a doubt, is where I'm progressing the fastest. I only started squatting in July, when I was using 115lbs. I hope to get to repping 315 in the next 6 months.

Hey guys..how do I change the title of my journal?

Sunday Nov 27th, 2005

Squats: I got greedy this session and wanted to see how far I could go. I usually do 5x5 with the same weight but couldn’t resist seeing how much I could do today.
    135 * 3 warmup
    205 * 5 warmup
    225 * 5
    235 * 5 PR
    245 * 3, failed on 4th, thank god for safety spotters. PR
    225 * 5
    230 * 5

SLDLs: 1st time doing these in ages and so I took them easy. Felt good and pretty easy. Will start out much higher next time.
    135 * 8
    165 * 8
    185 * 8
    205 * 8
    225 * 6

Extensions: Going easy due to knee issues. I usually do 3 sets of 180, the max I can load up on my leg extension bench attachment. Did these super slow and did not go all the way down as per Built’s suggestion.
    135 * 10
    160 * 10
    160 * 10

Nice squattin' man! Pushin the ****ing limits, that's what I like to see :evillaugh
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Clean Bulk

Thanks Bryan When you do 5x5 for a while with the same weight, the urge to test your limits eventually reaches a critical point! I felt stronger today, which is probably cuz I've been eating like a pig the last few days.