Thread: Is my cheat OK...or detrimental?

Is my cheat OK...or detrimental?

I understand that making a complete change in your diet is most effective, by this I mean not cheating with crap food. I just want to know if what I'm doing actually negating my efforts in cutting and loosing the flab.

Right now I'm cutting at 2500 cals. I eat the same thing everyday for 6 days. My cheat is on a lifting day, and I lift in the evening on this day. One way I cheat is by eating the same from breakfast to just before lifting in the evening (The same as my regular diet). Then I eat pizza, or something with cheese...love cheese...for dinner. I make sure that I get all my protien and good fats.

The second kind of cheat day is me making sure I get my fats and protiens from shakes, and from morning to evening I eat crap. Dipping a couple snicker bars into peanut butter (not natty), scrambled eggs with WHITE bread and butter, donutes and other pastries and I top it off with something that has cheese, nacho's (Something that would feed 2 or 3 people).

My calories end up somewhere around 4500 to 5000 at times. I do this right now to keep from cheating during the week. I hope to make it into JUST a cheat meal, and then eventually not cheats expcet the special occasion. I have a cheat day coming up this weekend and I wonder if I should just add a little something (cheese) to my chicken dish instead of eating the other crap.
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here

Cheating one day is fine because it will trick your body into speeding up your metabolism, which will help you during the week on your cut.

Wait wait wait...
    You dip more than 1 snickers bar into regular peanut butter...and then put it in your mouth?! That's really gross man. lol

I think cheat day #1 can happen more frequent than cheat day #2. I'd limit each (1 or the other) to 1 day a week as a goal. And then shoot for once every 2 weeks if you can handle it snickers boy.

I don't really consider cheese or butter a cheat. As long as you are in your calorie deficit goals those are pretty common foods to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    Cheating one day is fine because it will trick your body into speeding up your metabolism, which will help you during the week on your cut.

I understand the idea behind tricking your body...but is how I'm doing this not good. Eating almost double my calories and with food not necessarily good for my health?
    Steroid Info Click Here

i honestly wouldn't worry about it.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Cheat meals/days for me is just eating food were i dont have to track calories and add things up i make sure i get loadsa of protein and just let the rest flow. Its much easier to restrict my cheat days to 1 every 2 weeks now my g/f is at uni.
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Thanks for the input...I won't worry as much.
    Steroid Info Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Y0yo
    I understand the idea behind tricking your body...but is how I'm doing this not good. Eating almost double my calories and with food not necessarily good for my health?

Cheating is cheating as far as your body is concerned. If you don't want to eat unhealthy foods then you can cheat with lean meats, cheeses, healthy desserts, etc. Like getfit said though I wouldnt worry about it, I'm a health freak and even once in awhile Il grab fast food or mexican or something and just pig out.

I actually ate a whole quart of Ben & Jerrys Chubby Hubby ice cream the other night.

Geez brother. Cheat meals are just as much a way for you to relax and take stress off your mind during a period of strict diet as anything else. Sit back, relax and eat like 4 plates of nachos, a whole pizza, some oreos, hell whatever it takes. Just enjoy yourself. I'm afraid my cheat days might kill ya lol. JKin bro.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

yeah everyone should just chill a little on the diet cheat once and awhile, have fun, it 's don't going to change a thing it will actually make your tummy happy
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Geez brother. Cheat meals are just as much a way for you to relax and take stress off your mind during a period of strict diet as anything else. Sit back, relax and eat like 4 plates of nachos, a whole pizza, some oreos, hell whatever it takes. Just enjoy yourself. I'm afraid my cheat days might kill ya lol. JKin bro.
    It takes away a lot of the stress of eating in a caloric deficit. I just wanted to make sure 1 day of really overdoing it wasn't going to ruin the days before that. I've always had cheat days, but a friends comment is what got me on here asking the question. Even though he has no experience in the gym or with diets, he said "Maybe you'd be loosing the fat a lot faster if you just cut out the cheat days." I just had to be 100% sure I wasn't fooking up everything.

@Chubrock, care to share a cheat day?
    Steroid Info Click Here

I actually ate a whole quart of Ben & Jerrys Chubby Hubby ice cream the other night.
    Indeed you ARE addicted to teh bodilyfats.

Sinner! tuttut

Wannabebig Member

Another question about cheat meals...

Can your body really make use of all the calories you eat? Say you take in 3-4000 calories at one sitting--seems to me that there must be a maximum that your body can process before the food passes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones
    Can your body really make use of all the calories you eat? Say you take in 3-4000 calories at one sitting--seems to me that there must be a maximum that your body can process before the food passes.

I don't think there is many, if any, humans that can take in 3-4000 calories in one sitting, your stomach isnt big enough.

Wannabebig Member
    my friend claims to do this regularly at pizzeria uno. i can easily do it at a steakhouse or buffet.

I wannabebig!
    I don't think there is many, if any, humans that can take in 3-4000 calories in one sitting, your stomach isnt big enough.
    you must be sheltered, I can easily do 4000 calories in one sitting and not feel full.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    you must be sheltered, I can easily do 4000 calories in one sitting and not feel full.

Define one sitting, an hour? 4 hours? I'm also interested in what you're eating, 4000 calories of peanut butter and olive oil I could see, steak and potatoes are a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0yo
    @Chubrock, care to share a cheat day?

My cheat days are near as adventurous as some people, namely Ryuage with his killer Chinese Buffet expeditions, but they usually consist of the Golden Arches or Bojangles for breakfast, usually a couple of biscuits, some hashrounds and some sweet tea. Then I'll usually snack on something around the house for awhile. Maybe some candy or cookies or apple cake if Mom happened to make some before I came home. I've really got a fetish for Taco Bell, so I usually kill some greasy godness for awhile and then go take a nap to let all this bodybuilding food settle hahaha. Then me and the gf will usually go out to eat, maybe to a Italian rest. or some steak house where I tend to eat way to much but once again, I love food. I usually top off the night with some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

I did have a nasty craving for Chinese Food today though, so I had to go hit up the buffet. Ryu would be disappointed though, as I only ate 2 big plates and some Chinese Doughnuts.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I wannabebig!
    woops
    Last edited by ryuage; 10-08-2005 at 11:33 AM.

I wannabebig!
    Define one sitting, an hour? 4 hours? I'm also interested in what you're eating, 4000 calories of peanut butter and olive oil I could see, steak and potatoes are a different matter.
    hrmm for example last night...

entree crepe from a french crepe place (my own plus half of my girlfriends)
    A dessert crepe drizzled in chocolate with straw/ban and nutella with 2 scoops ice cream, came home ate a chipotle burrito and cooked up an 8x8 pan of brownies and ate half of it along with about a pint of ice cream. This is within an hour span of time.... or say 2 hours cuz we did have to wait for the brownies to finish baking.

the night before was all you can eat sushi im guesstimating maybe 2000 calories worth at minimum, then a medium dairy queen blizzard what about 800 calories or so?, followed by some dennys and an apple crisp and a peanut butter sandwhich.... another 2000 or so calories? and some misc stuff in between...

i honestly have an unsatiatble appetite 95% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    woops

gain 50lbs-Anthony

to the second post whoops

gain 50lbs-Anthony

My UD2 carb load would probably scare you if you think 4500 is bad
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics