The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

I cant decide a major

I'm a freshmen in college and I have no idea what i want to major in...I am currently an education major, but i dont want to be a teacher. In Ohio teaching is a hard field to get into and the job market sucks. Im thinking communications with a journalism minor right now. I've asked about everyone I know for opinions and suggestions so any help would be great

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Grasshoppa
    Well, first things first...if you don't want to be a teacher or anything related to the education system, then yah, education major was an interesting choice.

My question to you is what interests you? Science? Math? Literature? Computers? Once you define that, pick a major that relates to it and do some research on the type of job markets open in that field and see if anything catches your eye.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

see if you can get some work experience in what you think you are interested in as well. or follow someone who's already in that area around for a day or two. what you're interested in may be better suited as a hobby and not a career (i love computers, studied IT but found out after graduating i did _not_ wanting to spend >8 hours a day in front of the computer).

There are people from all backgrounds here, so asking us what you should study is not going to be helpful. You need to study what you find interesting. You're only a freshmen, take your freshmen course work and see what interests you. Most schools don't make you declare a major until after your sophmore year. It is beneficial to decide early so you can start to hit some of your pre-reqs.

I am personally a finance guy, and thinks that gives a good basis for most business fields. If I could do it over again, I would have studied biology.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I had the impression that in the States one could study what the f*ck one wanted as undergrad and then specialize postgrad. Why don't you just take alot of different of subjects and see what you like? Don't do as me and get stuck with something you hate.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    I had the impression that in the States one could study what the f*ck one wanted as undergrad and then specialize postgrad. Why don't you just take alot of different of subjects and see what you like? Don't do as me and get stuck with something you hate.
    You won't graduate unless you declare a major. Postgrad study is more of a specialization, yes, but you still need a bachelor degree in something before you move onto graduate work.

You can do the take a lot of subjects approach, but that is time consuming, and can get expensive if you are at it long enough. One year at a university alone is like 6-8 grand.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    One year at a university alone is like 6-8 grand.
    Wow, that must have been nice! Mine was about 35 per year.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Not English.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    35 per year?? thats just insane! what unversity did you go, was it on the MOON??? I'm paying about 6g per year, But i pay more for food and rent than university as of now, also supplies cost a crap load.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Yeah. Pick something you like and will have half a chance to make a living at. A liberal arts education will expose you to a lot of different disciplines, and even many specific science paths will still have you taking a bunch or unrelated stuff in the first two years. Hopefully, one of these classes will catch your interests and you can pursue it further.

And, heck, you can always change your major if you want later on.

I don't think asking us for a specific major is going to herlp you as the only thing we know that interests you is fitness (at least, I would think so becasue you are posting on WBB).
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Yeah well you went to a smart kid school. Most private schools in the US will run 40-45K after expenses. My sister is a HS senior looking at colleges, my dad is pushing hard for state school.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

my hs is about 10g a year
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Quote Originally Posted by capn crunch
    my hs is about 10g a year
    Why the sad smiley? You ain't paying for it, are you?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.