Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Apple, take your fliping iPod up yours!

Hey Apple, take your fliping iPod up yours!

I bought, last satuday to be exact, an ipod 20gig... Was I excited...hell after paying about 400$ w/ a case and warranty I have the damn best mp3 player out there... Over the past week I've been taking soo much care of this thing that its unbelievable! I just love my iPod!...well not so fast...after 7 days.. the darn thing just...yup...died....its dead! What kind of a joke is this? I guess more is not always better huh... well screw you Apple and kiss my tanned ass!!!! ...please..give me a break...one week? thats just a big f-ing joke! Funny that this piece of junk only lasted 7 days and my Compaq iPaq which is about 4 years old and has been dropped a zillion time is still alive. To top it off it only cost 125$ back then & it was refurbished...

Nice job Apple! Real ****ing nice!
    Last edited by beastin v6; 10-09-2005 at 08:03 PM.

I've dropped my mini several times--it still works. Get your replacement, and try again..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Buy something that's not made by Apple. Perhaps a Zen Micro? I've had too many problems with numerous iPods, I've given up on Apple.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Grasshoppa
    My iPod has been working for a couple years now. Sorry you had a bad experience, but **** happens. You have a warranty, use it.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I'm sorry I can't post without calling members "bitches". I won't do it again.
    Last edited by Gyno Rhino; 10-10-2005 at 06:21 AM. Reason: insulted a member...

I've had my Ipod for about a year and half. The battery life is still really good, I've dropped it more times than I can even remember, and it still works fine. It was obviously just a manufacturing defect, return it and get a new one.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Warranties are there for a reason...USE IT.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Are you sure it's broken? Try resetting it (assuming that you haven't already).
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Grasshoppa
    Or one of the more obvious ones...make sure the battery is charged.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Where did you buy the iPod from? If it was a place like FutureShop or BestBuy they generally have a 30 day OTC(Over the counter) exchange policy...I am sure going right thru apple would do the same thing. You just got a lemon so dont bitch about it until it happens more then once....electronics fail.
    My sig scared getfit.

are you sure it didnt just get cold? i knew a guy at my school who thought his ipod was broken but if it gets to be just a little colder than room temperature and you leave it sitting on a table it can get too cold to operate.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Two things:

1) There are millions of iPod threads on here. Use one of them.

2) Fliping is not a word. Remember the whole "double the letter" thing when adding -ing on words? Refer to 1st grade.
    Last edited by Gyno Rhino; 10-10-2005 at 06:20 AM.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

So one bad iPod makes the rest junk?

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    If it died after only a week take it back to the store and get it replaced. You are under both store return and warranty period. Sometimes there's a bad apple in a batch (sorry, couldn't resist the pun). It doesn't mean that all iPods are like that- get a refund and buy another.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I'm pretty sure that his experiences prove that all iPods are trash.

I took a statistics course once, so I obviously know more than any of you on the subject.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Holy Christmas trees! Boy oh boy was I pissed off last night! Well... I was really fed up! Well this morning I decided to try once again to do a reset. And booom the darn thing works!

LOL...yep. It sometimes happens with new pods. I've had 2 iPods and both of them still work. The first one was/is unusable...the screen cracked but it still played songs...and from what I hear it still works. You just can't navigate it...that one's 4 years old. The new one is over a year old. I had a problem with the touch pad (got it wet) and it got real flaky about 3 months in. Apple replaced it within 3 days via UPS. Haven't had a problem since.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    2) Fliping is not a word. Remember the whole "double the letter" thing when adding -ing on words? Refer to 1st grade.
    So I guess it's not "timing" but rather "timming"?

"It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Its probably just locked. Happened to me last week. If you unplug it without disabling the USB, or reset your computer it can lock. Goto apples site and search for the reset. I believe you toggle the lock on/off, then hold play/select for 5 seconds for it to reset. It will act dead a doornail if its locked.
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet

Oh, Snap.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet

I figured trying to explain the rules would be a waste of time.

Kind of like the whole "i" and "e" thing. When faced with those suffering from mental ******ation, it's best to simply give the first line and ignore the exceptions.

Trust me, I've dealt with the mentally handicapped for over 20 years. Everytime I find a mirror.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Has anyone gotten the extended warranty (I beleive its $59 to make the warranty 2 years instead of 1)? Not sure if its worth it, but it probably is considering the 60g costs $400.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    Has anyone gotten the extended warranty (I beleive its $59 to make the warranty 2 years instead of 1)? Not sure if its worth it, but it probably is considering the 60g costs $400.
    If that includes replacing the battery then it probably is.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but my brother just won a free Ipod Nano today...........

Eat it!

This has to be one of the least thought-out posts I've ever seen.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders