The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kaboom.. ??
    There has been change in my diet.. i used to have 40:30:30 Ratio but now i have 30:60:10 ratio of Pro/Fat/Carb.. it will be basically CKD diet..

M1- 3 strips of Bacon, 2 whole eggs
    M2- 2 Tbsp of canola oil, Chicken breast
    M3- 150g Lean ground beef(uncooked measure), 1oz cheddar cheese
    M4- 1oz cheddar cheese (pre workout.. LOL)
    M5- Gainer one scoop ( 50g carb, 10g pro), whey isolate one scoop(25g protein)
    M6- Chicken breast salad( 1tbsp of mayo, 1tbsp of Canola oil, chicken breast 150g, romain lettus leaves 2cups)
    M7- PB 1.5 Tbsp, or 1Tbsp of Canola oil

I also take glutamine, Multi vitamine and extra C...
    Critiquese PLEASE~

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bone crusher
    Man, your seriously gonna need some more fibre or your gonna be plugged like a drain full o' cement. I have some experience with this type of diet. I am on a sort of CKD but not really ketogenic. Its a cyclical high fat/protein diet. I try and eat at least a serving of veges in most of my meals. Veges like onions, broccoli, lettuce, celery, and several others are so tough to digest they have essentially no cals but tons of fibre and micronutrients.
    I would also switch the canola oil (highly processed) for some cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and/or cold pressed flax oil. Yea i know canola has polyunsat. fats but these less processed oils contain many other powerful antioxidants.
    I would dump the pb due to carbs and replace it w/ some broccoli w/ flax oil or equivalent (this can make room for veges). Also, Lean steak is much more thermogenic (energy burning) then grount meat and will help to thin out.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Yeah- an awesome source of fiber I've found is a procuct from "La Tortilla factory". They are whole wheat tortillas, a little more rough and less forgiving than regular tortillas, but they only have 3 grams of active carbs, and supply 9 grams of dietary fiber each. They dont taste too bad either.

Eric, you asked me some questions in the chat room. I've been doing NHE for 3 days and I've noticed some things. The biggest thing is that I am never ever hungry. I am forgetting to eat! 3 hours pass by and I look at the clock "crap, gotta shovel something in my face." Trust me, i still love food, but its a great feeling to not crave every morsel I eat. The headaches are starting to lessen, and the lethargy is near gone. I'm not going to fudge the initial phase though, I gotta do it to the hilt.

Thanks Budiak, the info is helpful. I have had some minor headaches, but I really dont know if it because of the diet. I have had NO side effects that I know of. It is starting to make me think that I am not doing something right. I have been watching EVERYTHING that is going into my mouth and the only carb source that I consume is the eggs and cheese (whic adds up to no more than 10g), besides the fiber that I am consuming. I am mixing some flax seed (not the liquid, the powder) into my protein drink after my workout and in the morning which is about 8g fiber total, and 12g carbs (8g is fiber). We will see what hapens I guess. It has been 4 full days that i have been on the diet so it still has some time.

eric
    Last edited by ericg; 03-01-2001 at 06:44 AM.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Kaboom.. ??

Hey DOC!

I forgot to add one serving of metamusil(no sugar) in my after workout shake.!!
    Last edited by Dabomber; 03-01-2001 at 07:44 AM.

Dabomer--- Doc gave you some very good advise about your diet.

I would strongly urge you listen and implement what he suggested....
    MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

bone crusher
    I understand you may be supp-ing fibre, but sugar free metamucil only has 3g fibre (and 2g of starches (maltodextrin)-HIDDEN CARBS), and this is the typical amt in a serving of veges. I would think that a high prot/fat diet requires intake of as much green veges as possible. Metamucil does not contain the vital micronutrients and antioxidants the veges are full of. Look, i really don't like veges all that much, but hey we don't have to like everything we eat. Food is for making me grow stronger and as long as i can take a good tasting meal every now and then, I'll eat those damn veges and follow em up w/ a swig o flax oil!
    Last edited by the doc; 03-01-2001 at 01:37 PM.

Doc, you've obviously gotten past the into part of the NHE plan. Read my above description, am I doing it correctly? I am doing well at staying under 20g, and this is day 4. How much weight, if any, did you lose in the into phase? I cant wait until day eight where I can eat a freakin spoonful of PB.
    Oh yeah Doc, how is this thing working for you? What do you eat on load days?
    (btw are you doing the muscle building plan or the fatloss plan?

Kaboom.. ??
    Budiak Can u describe what NHE diet is for me?? thanx!

Basically the NHE diet is a program of macronutrient cycling, switching between periods of low carb/high fat/protein and periods of high/carb/lowfat/protein. I dont want to give out gritty details because if I had to pay 30 bucks to pay for it I'm sure as hell not going to give out the secrets to anyone else.

Kaboom.. ??
    oh ok.. so NHE stands for Natural Hormonal Enhancement ( the book).. rite?? oh.. ok..
    thanx!.. i might purchase that book... i'm not sure if that's only in US or other place though

Kaboom.. ??
    i just went to missabs site and well they seems like only ship the books within US..... what am i gana do?....

Extique may ship outside of the us.

Wannabebig Member
    Dabomber-Give MissAbs an email and see if you can work something out shipping wise. If not, she might know where you can get it. It's a good book, and probably the easiest diet to stick to that I've ever tried.

Kaboom.. ??
    Thanks Alot!

I will ship it outside the US for you. Send me an email and we can get it going for you.

Abs

email: MissAbs@missabs.com
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Good to see that I am not the only one on NHE!!! This is my 2nd week of cycling.

Dabomber- I also suggest to get the book. You won't be disappointed.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

Keep me posted on your results ......

It is really a very good educational tool and book!

http://www.missabs.com/health/faigin.html
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Kaboom.. ??

Ketones!!

I just checked urinalysis and i ****ed out(:P) some ketones........

i felt flat (cuz of low carb), but it's ok... i can feel that i'm loosing fat... fats on my lower back are significantly less than that of before.

Hey Gostars, how much, if any weight did you lose in the first week? I feel as if I've lost a bit of fat, but nothing huge. I probably cant tell because I gained so much in my botched attempt at bulking. I've gotten around 20 grams of carbs every day (the most I got in one day is probably 21, it probably doesnt matter much with that small of a variance) and I feel that I've lost some fat, maybe a pound or two, not sure. As i said before my cravings for sugar are totally gone and I'm never starving for my next meal like I always was before. I worked out last night and actually benched 10lbs more than last week, raising my rep weight to 145 (may not be much, but I'm not here because I'm NOT trying to improve), so energy is definitely not a problem. I need to get some ketostix to make sure I
    am in ketosis before I start cycling. I hope gnc has them. As well as my TUB of glutamine.
    I cant wait to be able to eat all the vegetables I want. I never thought I'd miss broccoli...

Budiak...

Save your money- first of all the NHE diet (lifestyle) is NOT a ketogenic diet. So no sense in testing if you are "in" or not, because as you start you

3/4 cycling, there are enough carbs in it that will most likely keep most people out. Just trying to save ya 15 bucks...

make sure those 20 grams of yours are active carbs- not total carbs....
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

GOOD LORD!!

I didnt know it wasnt a ketogenic diet. Eh...I'm so damn cheap I probably wouldnt have bought the things anyways if they were fifteen bucks. If I cant eat it for put it in my computer I wont put more than five bucks into anything.
    Its true, I only have two pairs of pants. I've had them since I was 12!

Can somebody explain these diets to me, and what all the abbreviations stand for, and the benefits / purpose of these diets?

I am just trying to learn.. and this post is all greek to me

Twiztid
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Budiak
    Doc, you've obviously gotten past the into part of the NHE plan. Read my above description, am I doing it correctly? I am doing well at staying under 20g, and this is day 4. How much weight, if any, did you lose in the into phase? I cant wait until day eight where I can eat a freakin spoonful of PB.
    Oh yeah Doc, how is this thing working for you? What do you eat on load days?
    (btw are you doing the muscle building plan or the fatloss plan?
    Lost 25 lbs in the first month but i had a lot of easily shed fat/water/glycogen from my prev attempt at bulking. I would like to add that i also enjoy not being driven by hunger and poor eating habits anymore.

Now i am on the muscle building plan and it seems to working as i am feeling good w/ plenty of energy and getting some gains in lifts. more Gains= more muscle. I can tell more about my body's carb state now from experience. You can browse my journal to see what i've been eating. Most of the entries are from the bulking diet but the ideas are similar.
    Basicly I try to eat as much low fat carb stuffs as i can without feeling to full like i'm gonna vomit. The difference now is i eat two of these meals in a row to completely replenish glycogen. This seems essential for productive intense workouts.