Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mr. Olympia thread 2005

Official Mr. Olympia thread 2005

So, any predictions?

I think Ronnie will take it again, he's looking rather amazing once again:

Ronnie, 7 weeks out:

Another guy I like is Armin Scholz, although he is competing in some wildcard competition instead:

Last edited by Manveet; 10-10-2005 at 10:21 PM.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

damn! Armin's been eating his wheaties!

Damn!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Ronnie is just ridiculous. That other guy is huge, too.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Armin Scholz looks amazing, and he has a small waist.

Banned
    i hear it time and again, the back is what wins mr. olympia

how does armin compare to ronnie?

I think Armin has a great build.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

They're both huge. I'm sure Ronnie will take it again.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I didn't know armin was competing this year. I've never seen him at the olympia. He's gained quite a bit of weight and looks a hell of a lot better than the last time I saw him. Is fedorov competing this year?
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

fedorov is competing and he is crazy big I think this MR.O will be awesome, Gunther has gone crazy too, awesome!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Ron Coleman doesnt even look human anymore.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    How's Cutler looking these days? I really hope someone takes Coleman's crown this year.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Mustafa - 1 week out

Dennis James - 1 week out

Lee Priest - 5 weeks out (Unfortunately he dropped out of the Olympia)

Gustavo - 3 weeks out

Last edited by Manveet; 10-11-2005 at 06:25 PM.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    How's Cutler looking these days? I really hope someone takes Coleman's crown this year.

CUTLER THE CONQUEROR

Written by: Team Flex

Cut and dry, here it is, and we're not talking only about Jay Cutler's phenomenal physique of limitless perfection. We're also talking about his convincing claim to next week's Mr. Olympia title. These are his very words, uttered calmly and cogently: "I'm absolutely confident that I'm going to win this year. I'm at my all-time best, not only in my overall physique but also from the back, which is the key for taking out Ronnie Coleman. We know he's still going to have a stomach, because something like that just doesn't go away, regardless of how light he comes in.

"I'm focused on beating him in all areas. My shoulder width is greater, my definition will be greater, I'm not playing a numbers game, and everyone knows that if I had been a little more conditioned from the back side, I would have beat him in all those back shots, where he thought he was so dominant. It came down to the very last pose, which I should have won. This year, my back is much improved. Put all those things together, and you have a new champion this year, and it's me.

"In training my back, I focused a lot on deadlifting and T-bar rowing, and everyone who has seen me has commented on how much my back has improved. Of course, it comes down to whether I can get in condition enough the show it off, and I'm definitely in condition. My body weight is lighter than last year, already. In fact, right now, still with a week to go, I'm in good enough shape to win the show.

"My target weight is in the high 260s, probably 268, which I'm close to at this point, so there's not a lot to do at the end. Most important, I feel great. I've never felt so confident, and everyone who has seen me thinks it's my year.

"Details also play a part. I've flown to Los Angeles every week for a deep-tissue treatment by the best therapist out there, Steve Murphy, to get that edge. That has helped my flexibility in displaying detail such as my Christmas tree. That's key. People are talking about Ronnie's legs, but mine will be more detailed. Mine have a lot more separation that they had in the past.

"I will have a midsection that no one weighing 270 lbs. has ever had. I'll have no distention, whatsoever.

"I started preparing for this show 18 weeks out, as opposed to last year's eight weeks. Imagine the difference that makes. Condition came early, and I actually gained muscle. You'll see it in another week.

"I know what I look like now, compared with how I looked in years past when I still pulled off second. The way I look today is a whole different body, so as long as everything stays in line -- and it will -- this is going to be Jay Cutler at his best, the 2005 Mr. Olympia. The Sandow trophy is definitely staying in Vegas this year."
    Source:http://www.flexonline.com/news/96

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Dennis james has what appears to be more synthol in his muscle, I know everybody even down to the lower amateur ranks has synthol, but usually its hard to spot in those who get it proffessionally done, but I can clearly see it on ruhl and james.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Thanks for the quote Manveet. Cutler is one of my favs. I really hope he wins this weekend. I'm still scrounging up cash, so I dunno if I'll make it to the Olympia this year. Damn college expenses.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Gustavo looks better this year then last imo.

If I am going for someone other than Ronnie, I'll guess Chris Cormier.

The only way Jay will is Ronnie retires.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Ronnie wins before he even walks on stage, it's all politics.

I can't believe Priest dropped out, defeatest attitude is a big let down.

I agree James triceps look terrible, a lot of oil in there.

Badell really seems to have tightened up his waist as people were saying.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

BTW, the winner of the wildcard gets on stage the enxt day. It is for IFBB pro's that didn't qwualify, this a last chance opportunity for those guys to qualify.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Is Synthol legal in the olympia? im not very familiar with it

You guys say syn because of the tricep bulge in the mm? I have a hard time seeing it there. I've seen it other times on others bbers, but nothing screams it with him.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

his bi's and tri's look like there are balls under the skin. His right arm looks much worse than his left.
    My Journal

There are two things I always say around this time of year.
    #1. Ronnie will win.
    #2. It sucks that Lee priest will never win (or even do that well), because I think he's really impressive, even though he has had his off years.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

I don't really notice the synthol either.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg