The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

strength training for rugby

hey, I play football and rugby, football is currently going on right now, but rugby's my game.

I've always been pretty good at running through people and knocking them over while i have the ball, in both sports. however, I want to maxamize this ability. Aside from quads, and a powerful upper body, what would be the main muscles used in such a move. The objective is to get down low and power through people. are there any specific exercises that could benefit this aswell?

I want to be overly ready for rugby and dominate. (going for 3rd city championship in a row).

that's me running the ball, went through the kid on the ground

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Dude, I played rugby in college and I would give anything to know what I know now. You need to be training strength endurance. That's max rep strength plus cardio endurance. You need to be fast AND strong. Functional training, baby. Go to my website link down below and go to the DragonDoor Strength forum. Do a search for Rugby there. You will pick up a wealth of info. After that, go to the articles section and read some of those - I think there is an article about training for rugby in there somewhere. After that go to Mike Mahler's website and check out his articles. Email or PM if you need any help or other info.

You might want to work on some plyometrics also. And definitely strengthen up your torso.

I'm thinking about starting rugby this year also but I have some screwed up shoulders. I think I'll end up playing anyway though... only live once.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me