The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

critique my diet

ok i want to start a diet so i can control my weight better. i want to eat 5 times a day and this is what i came up with from eating what alot would consider healthy foods. please let me know what you guys think and if i can inprove anything. i am looking to just maintain for now (maybe lose a few pds)

5 meals

average meal contains: 600 calories, 54 carbs, 50 grams of protein, 31 grams of fat and 1330mg of sodium

total for the day would be: 3000 calories, 270 carbs, 250 grams of protein 155 grams of fat and 6650mg of sodium.

i currently weight around 195 pds and have ruffly a 10-12% bf. if you guys want a breakdown of what i eat i can do that too. if i dont get on a STRICT diet i always think i am somehow cheating myself and i quit the diet after a month or so. thanks
    Last edited by billybadass; 10-16-2005 at 10:42 PM.
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds
    max bench: 315

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

sorry i need to calculate that too ill post it in a few minutes
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

31 grams of fat per meal and 155 total on the day. this is mostly because of breads (wheat) and eggs.
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

I would try to get more EFA's, if most of your fats really come from bread and eggs. I suggest supplementing w/ fish oil caps or flax oil to get omega 3 fats.

If you could, post up the exact layout of your meals and we can help you fit these in.

8 am sandwich, protein shake w/ 1 cup of milk

11am sandwich, yogurt, can of tuna, small protein bar

2pm grilled chicken sandwich, sandwich

5pm (before workout on workout days) protein shake w/ 1 cup of milk and yogurt

8pm (post workout on workout days)4 egg omlet and 1 cup of milk

i know theres alot of dairy in my diet, but i would think all these item are considered healthy and good for you. i dont know anything about flax oil so please give me as much info on were to purchase? cost? etc. i only concern myself with sodium intake because of all the breads i eat i figured i didnt wanna get too much sodium and look bloated. figured it couldnt hurt to post.
    Last edited by billybadass; 10-16-2005 at 10:54 PM.
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Sodium is anabolic, and helpful while dieting. I extra-salt my food while cutting.

Fish oil is a source of omega-3. I take 10g daily.

so my salt intake is good then? or should i add salt?
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

personally i would go for less bread and chose better carb sources instead. And PWO the milk is ok pwo but you need more protein and much less fat in that meal. I would suggest ordering some protein power. About the flax seed you can order that too. i dont know where you live but i love www.dpsnutrition.com and they have great prices. As for better carbs, have like oatmeal(non instant, non flavored) for breakfast and have some rice, potatoes, beans or something instead of all that bread. Try to add in some olive oil to some of your meals as well to help get some good fats.nuts are good as well for your fats. If you plan to keep a sandwich in there, then I would suggest not using that packeged deli meat stuff and just use real meat. chicken, beef, tuna..whatever. And ditch the prot. bar. They are usually nothing better than a candy bar. Having one once in a while is ok, but i wouldn't make it constant. nuts are good as well for your fats.

You are getting EXCELLENT advise from ReelBigFish.

WRT salt - take as much as you like. Just don't worry about it.

when i said protein shake i meant 2 scoups (each containing 20 grams of protein powder) mixed together with 1 cup of milk. i would get 80 grams of protein daily from 2 servings of that (one in morning and one before workout). sorry bout the mixup.
    stats:
    Height 6'
    182 pds

oh didn't see that you had the prot. shakes before working out. i would switch the prot. powder for pwo and have the eggs, yogurt pre workout. If needed have another meal after your pwo shake, since a shake doesn't really fill you up for very long. I would suggust some milk, yogurt, or cottage cheese and some efa's after your pwo shake, like right before you go to sleep.