Thread: question about soreness

question about soreness

i dunno if this should go in general health--because its injury im worried about--or here. i tried a search but its broken and even if it worked any key word i use is going to yeild so many pages of results talking about DOMS that id probably look for an hour till i found the answer...

when i do deads i tend to get a sort of stretching feeling in my hamstrings, like a tightness. it does this a little on squats and they will sometimes ache slightly (hardly noticeable, its not even to the point of being that uncomfortable) after a workout. any idea why this is? are they weak (i suspect this, when i miss a deadlift, its because i cant break it from the floor, i think my hamstrings are holding back the initial step, also the first 6 inches or so is where i get the tight feeling). right now im worried that i will cramp up during the middle of a set and fall down or have my form deteriorate and cause a real injury. so what should i be doing? i dont think its flexibility as im not especially inflexible and i stretch them regularly at XC.

stretching problem? like do you stretch? warmup sets? cant say i have experience the leg drive for me is easy but the back part gets annoying lol.

im not so good about doing warmup sets...

and no, i dont stretch before lifting.

You probably don't want to stretch before lifting...particularly your hamstrings since about 95% of people have OVERLY stretched hamstrings...so stretched in fact that they feel tight.
    Current Lifts

Bench - 305
    Deadlift - 495
    Squat - 385

warmup sets are glorious
    I don't have time. I make time.