Thread: Squats, I love'em, too bad.....

Hybrid View

Squats, I love'em, too bad.....

A while back I hurt my back doing a pre-max squat of 290 (was gonna do 315). I gave it a month and my back was feeling good again. So a couple weeks back I was doing some sets with 225, figured I'd be ok cuz it wasn't that much weight. Towards the end of my second set I got this pain in my lower back again. Only this time it was a hell of a lot worse. The pain is taking it's time to even kinda dull out some.
    I guess I won't be squatting for about 6 months so it's leg extension time for me.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

what about hack squat and leg press
    upper chest freak

Joey54's crazy partner DumbbellTosser's Avatar
    Hit the legpress.
    It's like I'm a juicer... but I'm not.

Agreed.

Hit up the leg presses and the hack squats and pound away at your quads so they're prepared when you are able to do squats again. Also try and incorporate some light hyperextensions or some good-mornings to help strengthen your lower-back.

PR blaster!
    Originally posted by MonStar1023
    Agreed.

Hit up the leg presses and the hack squats and pound away at your quads so they're prepared when you are able to do squats again. Also try and incorporate some light hyperextensions or some good-mornings to help strengthen your lower-back.

couldn't have said it better

Wannabebig Member
    strengthen your core: your abs and you back.

A lot people think that abs are there only to look good and pull the ladies (or men......dont know)

they have a major part of strengthing the back and creating a solid base......and they are good for pulling the ladies. (you cant see my abs......its off to the video store)

After you've healed from this injury, have you given any thought to doing trap-bar deadlifts instead of squats?

And give up squats???? What world are you living in : )
    I can't do leg presses right now either, they hurt more than squats, just gonna have to hope leg extensions and leg curls can at least keep some of me muscle.

The best part is my bench is getting lower without squats now too, woohoo, I love this physiology stuff, lmao

Oh well maybe I can get big arms now or somethign.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Ahhh, hell... just quit.
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Wannabebig Member
    Injuries suck, personally i hate squats but I love their anabolic effects.My routine consists of higher reps and after each set I go immediately into weightless squats for around 20 reps.I'm a little injury prone myself and this routine hasn't given me any problems. I also haven't had too much trouble going up in weight pretty consistently.
    Don't give up on a goal because of the amount of time it will take to accomplish it.The time will pass anyway -unknown

I know what you mean about leg press. It hurts my back too. Luckily I didn't injur my back though, so I am able to do squats.

HELLO.....anyone ever hear about these doctors called chiropracters, they specialize in these problems ...go see one. They don't cure everything, but it's worth a shot.
    " Eat to grow, Progression to get stronger " - mesmall

i don't like doctors
    I'll go to one if I suddenly can't walk, a bone is sticking out, or i'm puking up blood, besides that I don't think so.

btw w8_4_me thanks for the encouragement : )

I'm working on abs and lower back (back extensions, no dls yet) atm and i'll prolly just have to worry about my legs when my back is healed up

I'm prolly gonna start light dls once the pain goes away, but not squats for a long time after that.