The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ETS, my results and some comments...

First off, I'm not a big fan of supplements. I spent too much time buying garbage and finally gave up on it all. I generally only use multivitamins and the occaisional MRP.

For some time, I was having a lot of shoulder problems. I just did my therapy and worked through it. Then my knees started to bother me, so I had to do more therapy. It was getting to a point where I couldn't sleep. So I decided to give ETS a try. I figured, WBB has been a huge factor in my success thus far, so maybe I could trust a product that they were endorsing. So I got a bottle.

First few days I didn't notice much in terms of recovery or strength, but that was expected. What I did notice was that I was finally sleeping soundly for the first time in at least a year. Also, I wasn't noticing any side effects.

After about two weeks, I started noticing I had very little pain in my shoulders and no pain in my knees. I was also feeling very little soreness and was finding I was more energized for lifting sessions.

Down to numbers. Over the 4 weeks I was taking ETS, my bench press increased by 10 lbs and my squat increased by 30 lbs. Also, my max good morning increased by 40 lbs.

Now, I've stopped taking ETS for several weeks, just to see if all of this was coincidental. Well, my joints aren't happy. Fortunately, my shoulders had some time to get stronger and still don't hurt as much as they did. Bottom line, I'm getting more. ETS will become an essential part of my training. I feel that it will help me to achieve my goals much faster.

Just one negative commment. Sometimes the caps would get stuck going down and would dissolve leaving a not-so-pleasant zinc taste in my mouth. Once I actually had smoke come out of my nose (literally). So recommendation: drink a lot of water with it.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Lol, the same thing has happened to me with the capsules a few times! Definitely take them with someone to wash them down.

Thanks for your input Drew and you seem to react to the product just as I do. It really is pretty cool, isn't it?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yeah, it's great stuff. EVry time someone asks me about the latest supplement (No-Explode and Glutamine and other useless garbage) I tell them straight up, try nothing else until you take ETS for a month and see what it does for you.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I have to add a few things.
    After having been on a couple of months worth of ETS I finally ran out.
    I figured it would be a chance to see what was going on..

My joints are also very upset with me.
    MY sleep sucks.
    I alternate between lying in bed on fire....and having tortured dreams.
    ETS covers an awful lot of bases as a supplement.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Lol, i had the same problem with the powder coming back up and sometimes I would breathe it out like smoke as well. But ETS definitely does cover a lot of bases as Hatred said. I stopped it for a month and my lower back and joints were definitely not happy, not to mention the lack of quality sleep. I'm glad I'm back on it now and so are my lower back and joints!

I think we all agree, ETS is the anti-crack.

Banned
    Whats the main ingredients in ETS?

Frog's feet...

Take a look at the product page on www.atlargenutrition.com and you can read about it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Nubain...

seriously.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Frog's feet...
    Injected with a mix of bull semen, dragon scale and the hair of a unicorn.

Last edited by Pup; 10-28-2005 at 06:08 AM.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

drew, would you mind if we used your post as a testimonial on the ALN website?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Go ahead Daniel. You can even use my real name (You should have it from the order)

Drew - did you notice any loss of strength after you stopped taking it?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Not so much loss of strength, but increased muscle soreness, joint pain and this has made it harder to complete full workouts, especially on max days when my volume and intensity can get very high. This was very apparent today when I had to bag most of my bench workout because of stiffness and soreness in my shoulders and elbows.

Right now I'm getting some financial stuff straightened out, but as soon as I have a chencking accoutn again, I'm ordering as much as I can afford.

That's cool that the strength gains stayed after you stopped taking it. I'm ordering some as we speak.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Sometimes the caps would get stuck going down and would dissolve leaving a not-so-pleasant zinc taste in my mouth. Once I actually had smoke come out of my nose (literally). So recommendation: drink a lot of water with it.
    Same here. In fact, I *don't* recommend swallowing them on an empty gullet.

At first I thought I had acquired some new magical powers, then I figured it out.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Short answer: yes.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Chris can correct me if he feels I'm wrong:

If you have time you might as well start taking it now. Taking it later will only delay the onset of its usefulness.

Just be sure to keep your overall zinc and magnesium levels within safe bounds.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

It takes 4-5 days to kick in. That said, I think waiting until after your surgery would be best and make sure to clear it with your doctor.

Okay - cool. It's a sports med guy, so hopefully he's heard of - what is it - microlactin?

Weird side-question on microlactin - is it in any way related to lactic acid? The reason I ask is that I've used lactic acid training to help resolve tendon issues in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Okay - cool. It's a sports med guy, so hopefully he's heard of - what is it - microlactin?

Weird side-question on microlactin - is it in any way related to lactic acid? The reason I ask is that I've used lactic acid training to help resolve tendon issues in the past.
    No relation to lactic acid.

Yes, Microlactin (TM) is the primary ingredient along with zinc, magnesium, and vitamins C and E.

There should be no problem but I think it best you check with your doctor when surgery is involved.

Okay, will do.

Thanks Chris.

By the way - I got the Nitrean samples from the post office, finally - thank you for the generous portions. I'll let you know how they work out when I start using protein powder again.

Geez, that took forever!

You are welcome and please do let me know what you think.