The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Weaker left side

Hey all. I've been lifting for well over a month now. I'm still bulking up... and well, its nice to hear compliments about how big and solid yada yada...

right now, i'm concerned with my left upper body. everything's weaker, biceps, triceps, delts, forearms... i'm right handed, so naturally i'm weaker in that aspect.

I would like to ask how do u guys train for proportion? my right arm's really strong, say i'm lifting a 15kg dumbbell, my left burns out in like 2 sets while my right can still go on fine with the 4th set. its really much stronger than my left.

also, i wish i could build bigger triceps, so that i can do heavier bench presses. any tips?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bigger muscles come from eating just as much as training so eat loads and you will get stronger. Read more in the diet and nutrition forum. The majority of people do have a weaker side. I have been training about 3 years and would say my left arm is still weaker to some degree. Just keep lifting heavy and eating and trying to get bigger and stronger they will equal out as much as possible over time. their is no real other way to combat this
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Train starting with your left and only do with the right only as much as the left can do. Keep that up until left comes up to speed.

And use the search function. This has been covered ad nauseum.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Wannabebig Member
    my apologies mike, never thought of the search function. thanks for replying though. appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Train starting with your left and only do with the right only as much as the left can do. Keep that up until left comes up to speed.

And use the search function. This has been covered ad nauseum.
    That is good advice. My left side is weaker, and visibly smaller (To me at least).
    I would actually suggest using dumbells and following Mike's suggestion. Try to work the tri's individually also. I'm not sure if anyone's posted this website for you, but I think it's great and I look at it frequently to try new lifts.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

Wannabebig Member
    appreciate it chris. looking at it right now

just train both sides with the same intensity and eventually they'll even out. Or you can lift a significantly large amount of weight that the difference becomes unnoticable. If you are performing a unnilateral exercise, start out with the weaker side first, whatever set/rep that side stops at, do the same for the stronger one.

Some exercises to use one sided:
    one handed smith benchpress
    one armed curl
    cable pulldown
    rows
    tricep extension
    one legged squat/legpress
    leg extension
    calf raise
    one armed shoulder press/lat raise/front raise/reverse fly.

and yadda yadda.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdre
    my apologies mike, never thought of the search function. thanks for replying though. appreciate it
    No biggie. Everyone does this from time to time. Enjoy the site, buddy!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."