The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Watch this crazy guy's explosiveness (Olympic lifting)

http://media.putfile.com/Ironmind_1993_Dimas

I hope it's not repost, but even if it is then I think it's a well worth watch again.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Nice vid....nice gym too but why would they need a 40foot ceiling =)

damn, that was pretty hardcore.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

holy shiznats
    I don't have time. I make time.

That was cool
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Pyrros Dimas is amazing.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    If you download the video, you'll see that on one of his jerks he gets it up in a total of FOUR FRAMES! Incredible!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Banned
    that was sweet as far as oly lifting goes.

Well ,Pyros Dimas is definently a top athlete
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Hes extremely fast.

insane.
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

****ing hell that was awesome. He weighs 175-180 and front squats 440 for a joke? That's insane.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Banned
    It sounds like a gun being shot when he jerks. Simply amazing.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Hm...how come he doesn't really dip down at all to catch the bar? Is it because when he's warming up it's so light that he doesn't have to dip?

Btw, do olympic lifters also do back squats or mainly front squats and overhead squats?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 10-24-2005 at 07:06 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Btw, do olympic lifters also do back squats or mainly front squats and overhead squats?
    Some do front, some do back, some do both, but they all squat.

I don't think most OLers do overhead squats as a staple exercise.

Wasn't he doing overhead squats there though?
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

holy ****, he was powercleaning, didnt even NEED to drop under it. he can powerclean more than i deadlift
    Last edited by jack_of_all; 10-24-2005 at 07:18 PM.

So, are you saying one could full clean more than he could power clean?
    Lifting Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    Some do front, some do back, some do both, but they all squat.

I don't think most OLers do overhead squats as a staple exercise.
    My Ol coach has us do all three, but way more front and back squats than overhead.
    Last edited by khari; 10-24-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    So, are you saying one could full clean more than he could power clean?
    Yes, once you have the technique down. You don't have to pull the bar nearly as high.

Indeed, he was power cleaning (easily) more than any American could full clean at the time.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

So, may I ask, why would you do power cleans if you can go heavier on full cleans?
    Lifting Journal

i dunno, maybe full cleans end up being too taxing and he cant keep good form?

but yeh, once youve got technique its easier to do the full clean... and given this guys obvious level of training he could sure be doing full cleans and adding even more weight.

damn, that was awesome. that's hardcore, especially for a guy that size.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

He is not dropping to a full squat position because he does not need to. The weight is light for him thus the need to not go full range on the squat.

Olympic lifters do a LOT of work on technique thus they do a lot of singles and doubles with sub-maximal resistance.

He is an amazing athlete! The ease with which he handles those loads is just AMAZING!

By the way, that is Randall Strossen commenting in the video.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!