Thread: General Question on Frequency

Wannabebig Member

General Question on Frequency

Hey wBB world, I have a few general questions on workout frequency and recovery(couldn't get the search function to work). I was wondering If muscle and CNS recovery was dependant on body type..or If it was completely dependant on genetics. The reason I ask is because through specualtion I've noticed that Meso to Endomorphs usually prefer hitting a muscle with less frequency but greater volume or once a week, and that Ectos tend to hit a mucle slightly more often but with low-volume. Is there any validity to this??Or am I just spaced out? ---

Good question.
    I don't believe i have read of any coerlation between body type and recovery.
    However though, with an ecto built in general your metabolism will be higher and through that, with proper nutrition, im pretty sure your recovery would speed up.

On the sets per workout p[er bodytype question.
    I don't think there is any relation.
    In general i will see ecto's doing longer workouts than endo's, this may be due to the higher metabolism - more constant energy - relationship.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

I haven't really noticed it at all.

And I believe that the frequency with which an individual tends to workout is a based a lot more on conscious decisions than awareness of the optimal frequency for a certain body-type.

But that is just my opinion.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, well how about I add this to the mix..Does age or maturity of the muscle(or lifter) have anything to do with recovery? Another thing **kinda off topic** I've read many journals and articles from other forums and was wondering If there was a definite answer to this. Assuming the lifter is failry experienced and proper nutrition**natural, for optimal muscle mass gains..would hitting a muscle once per week (ex:Chest/Tri Back/bi...blah) work better than a split similar to wbb1 which is slightly more frequency with lower volume. I mean are there any studies to prove which genrally works better? Which has worked better for you guys?---I'm not trying to sound like a nuisance but I couldn't get the search function to work and want some input from more experienced lifters.

Quote Originally Posted by lamb2k
    Hey wBB world, I have a few general questions on workout frequency and recovery(couldn't get the search function to work). I was wondering If muscle and CNS recovery was dependant on body type..or If it was completely dependant on genetics. The reason I ask is because through specualtion I've noticed that Meso to Endomorphs usually prefer hitting a muscle with less frequency but greater volume or once a week, and that Ectos tend to hit a mucle slightly more often but with low-volume. Is there any validity to this??Or am I just spaced out? ---
    Body type is genetics.

Recovery is determined by conditioning, genetics, and external inputs like food or steroids.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John