Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official Wbb Arnold Classic 2006 Meet ***

*** Official Wbb Arnold Classic 2006 Meet ***

Ok folks, just as the title says, this is the official thread organizing this 2nd annual event for Wannabebig.

Last year was an overwhelming success, and this year is shaping up to be even bigger.

First weekend in March, in Columbus, Ohio.

I believe we had over 20 people last year, and I think we can easily beat that number this year.

We will add details as we move along, but so far we have a large block of hotel rooms booked. The hotel will be the Comfort Inn, and I believe the pricing is between $50 and $60 a night. The hotel will be a short distance from the convention centre, I think about a 10-12 minute drive, so cheap cab rate with 3 or 4 to a cab, but we should have plenty of vehicles as well.

Most will show up either thursday or friday, and depart sunday. So most will be paying for two nights, but some will arrive early and pay for 3.

We will arrange rooms as people sign up, so nobody will have to pay their room entirely on their own, either splitting with one, two or possibly three others if budgets are tight.

The expo is huge and probably takes two full days to wander through. It costs $10 to get in, and then you'll be subjected to thousands of free samples, hot hard-bodied women, and huge geared up guys. Lots to see, with powerlifting comps, womens and mens bodybuilding comps, martial arts, you name it.

We'll be feasting, hotel room drinking, bar drinking, drinking drinking, and we'll also have a big group workout as we did the last year.

So the more people that come, the better, as it was a great trip last year.

So this is where you may voice your thoughts on whether or not you are interested. We'll put together a list of who's going soon enough, but I'm too lazy to type it out right now. I think we already have about 15 confirmed, and from what I understand, Dan and Chris might also be holding a booth at the expo for AtLarge Nutrition.

There is also a 100% chance of seeing Will aka Homeyield's ass, which is the brightest and most brilliantly white naturally occuring phenomenon known to man.

How can you say no?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    I'm all about going, already spoke with Jeff about it, just need to confirm that I can take the time away from school, make sure its not conflicting with any midterms or whatever.

Does Columbus have an airport?
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

I am in. If you want to see the show, you must buy tickets early.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

yes it does have an airport.

the rate is at 59.99 NOW.The later you book the prices will go up so let us know
    Last edited by getfit; 10-29-2005 at 05:46 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    I am in. If you want to see the show, you must buy tickets early.
    Just so folks don't get confused, Connor is speaking of the actual main bodybuilding show. Tickets are scarce, and usually $250+. Last year I think 4 or 5 went to it, so if any decide to go they probably won't be alone.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    Just so folks don't get confused, Connor is speaking of the actual main bodybuilding show. Tickets are scarce, and usually $250+. Last year I think 4 or 5 went to it, so if any decide to go they probably won't be alone.
    Actually I think night show tixs were $50-100. The VIP package was $250, and the consensous was it wasn't worth it.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    Actually I think night show tixs were $50-100. The VIP package was $250, and the consensous was it wasn't worth it.
    $50 and $75 for the finals

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05...minorcatid=206
    My Journal

I am all over this..I dont really care where I stay cause I most likely wont be sober enough to really care..

Free samples here I come!!!!!!!!
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Who wants to room with me?
    Then get more play

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Quote Originally Posted by Shankerr

You DO realize Columbus has roughly 800,000 people, right?

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Wannabebig New Member
    I'm in for sure . The woman too probably . I aint going to the show , just the expo on friday .

Guess I better hit the gym .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Just be aware that the cab trips to and from the airport are like mondo expensive.

For instance, last year, the hotel was $50 (not including tip); not sure how much it will be this year.

Carpooling will be a must.

Not to mention I have 4 months to get a cell phone. That's a different story though.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153
    I am all over this..I dont really care where I stay cause I most likely wont be sober enough to really care..

Free samples here I come!!!!!!!!
    Oh yes, if the free samples were like last year, you could wander around the expo floor and fill up on brownies and Muscle Milk.

Remember, it's all about "teh pump".

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

there's enough free samples for an army
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd

You DO realize Columbus has roughly 800,000 people, right?
    Yeah, but obviously not all cities with 800,000 people necessarily have an international airport, now do they?
    Then get more play

rookiebldr says:
    Shane says:
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Yeah, but obviously not all cities with 800,000 people necessarily have an international airport, now do they?
    roffle..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Shane, yes you can fly into Columbus since we usually clear customs on Canada so international or not it's no problem for us Canadians.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Count me in, unless of course the price of flying changes in the next month or so.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

you didn't specify "international".
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Maki et al -- I didn't reserve an airline ticket until early January or so earlier this year, and got in for under $300 round trip, from/to LGA (New York).

That was on travelocity.com. Of course, you're flying from Vancouver so it's probably more.

Might be best to lock in your fares now while you still can.
    Last edited by Focused70; 10-30-2005 at 10:38 PM.

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I'm tentatively committing to going...i say tentatively b/c i'm still b/w jobs and stuff. Should be one heck of a good time. BTW Shane-O, i'll room with ya...so long as Jeff doesn't mistake me for you during the middle of the night, i don't want to have to toss anyone through windows
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup
    I'm tentatively committing to going...i say tentatively b/c i'm still b/w jobs and stuff. Should be one heck of a good time. BTW Shane-O, i'll room with ya...so long as Jeff doesn't mistake me for you during the middle of the night, i don't want to have to toss anyone through windows
    Pup im sure jeff will be going door to door, so it might not matter what room you decide to stay in
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

I'm going to be completely naked at all times, so keep away.

At least have the decency to wear a sock whilst in the hallways!

Current FFFA Enforcer

No sock.