The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!

Gettin' Fit or Bust

Well yesterday was the first day of WBB1 for me. I guess it was the first time in a while that I have worked out period, so I thought I would drop a post. Current weight: 259 BF%: Way high...maybe 35% My goal is to get back down to 190lbs.

Day One (if anything I started light on things, I had never done deadlifts or bb rows)

DB FLAT BENCH...40's x 12 40's x 12 40's x 12 (I am going to up this next time so I can stick with the 2 sets of 6-8)

DB INCLINE BENCH...40's x 12 40's x 12 40x12 (same as above)

DIPS... assisted 2 sets of 6

CHINUPS.... assisted 2 sets of 6

DEADLIFTS... 135x8 135x8

BB ROWS... 95x8 95x8

SHRUGS... 50's x 10

20 Min. of cardio (precor eliptical)

DAILY DIET: CALS: 1716 FAT: 31g CARB: 138 PROT: 210

FEELINGS: Good to be back in the gym! THe deadlifts and BB Rows KILLED my back...I think in a good way...I think. The muscles in my lower back are jacked. Also, doing dips and chinups was new. I had to use a lot of assistance in doing them...but I think they will be good.

GOALS/CHANGES FOR NEXT MONDAY WORKOUT: Do bb bench instead of db. If I do db I need to up the weight and stick with the program (2 sets of 6-8)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Iron4Life
    Good WO man...
    Good luck on your goals..

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Tuesday-17th

ABS DAY: various exercises...will post tomorrow

CARDIO: 25 min. eliptical

I am still REALLY sore from Mondays workout. I guess those low sets and reps work!!

Stronglikebull or full of?
    Hey Shep - Excellent my man!! I started in November and have made some strides. It is a great feeling and you will get alot of usefull info and great support on this site. We are all in it for the long haul so get your mind right and let's go for a journey. Best wishes to you.
    "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

Mark Twain

"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Vince Lombardi

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=BigOldDad

best of luck man
    WBB1 is an excelent program
    Last edited by tigo; 01-18-2006 at 10:13 AM.
    I don't have time. I make time.

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    programs seems good...just trying to figure out the mystery of deadlifts!!! check out my post under bodybuilding/fitness....

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    LEGS DAY

Squats: 185x8 185x8 I did these on the smith rack (I think thats what you call it). I had done squats in the way past, but felt a little un-easy so I went this rout.

Hack Squats: ahhh skipped these!! I tried with just the bar and felt like I was going to tip over!! Is this normal?? I had never done these before. Is there an alternative?? It just seemed VERY VERY awkward!

Straight Leg Dead Lift: 135x8 135x8 Well, I researched deadlifts for about an hour today and Im still not sure if I am doing them correctly or not. Didnt go too bad, but my lower back was definately feeling it! Not to sound funny but on a lot of these leg lifts it seems like my fat gut gets in the way!!!!

Leg Curls: Did on the machine laying on my stomach. 110x8 125x8

Standing Calf Raises: I actually did the seated hammer machine 90x10 90x10 90x10 90x10

Did 25 min. on the Precor Eliptical again...what a pain!!!!!

Well overall....today was good and bad... Glad I got in, got sweatin' etc. But the Hack Squats (or lack thereof) really made me feel like an idiot. i was so much further along 8 years ago when i was in high school!!!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Forgot to post my eats from yesterday...

Cals: 2294
    Fat: 91
    Carb:113
    Prot:252

Legs really arent sore from yesterday....at least yet!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    I guess I do have some muscle under my gut! My abs are on fire today...from Tuesdays workout. I think it takes my muscles a day to realize they got worked! Just hittin' the gym for cardio today.

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    CARDIO ONLY DAY:

25 Min. of cardio (precor eliptical)

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Out of curiosity does anybody know how accurate machines such as the precor eliptical I am using are as far as cals and heart rate??? Today is Bi', Tri's, and shoulders... Looking forward to a great workout!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Pretty good workout today!! Here it is.... Shoulders, Tri's, Bi's Week one of WBB1 down! Keep in mind this week I was kind of testing what weights I would need for the 2 sets of 6-8 reps (doing WBB1). Next week some things will go up....

Military Press (LifeFitness Machine) 70x8 80x7
    Seated DB Press 30x8 35x8
    Standing Lat Raises 25x10 25x10
    Narrow Grip Bench 65x14 75x10 85x10
    Skullcrushers 40x10 50x12
    Barbell Curls 65x12 75x7 70x7
    Hammer Curls (seated db) 25x8 27.5x8

Well, 2 exercises totaling 3 sets for bi's didnt seem like much BUT I stuck with the program!

25 Minutes of Cardio Precor Eliptical!! 5 days of cardio this week!!!!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    MONDAY 1-23: Chest/Back

Bench Press 135x8 155x5 145x4 135x7
    DB Incline Bench 50 x8 50 x7
    dip machine (assisted) -115 x8 -115 x4

Chin ups (assisted) -115x8 -115 x8
    Romanian DL 135 x8 155x8
    bb rows 95x8 115x8
    db shrugs 55x8 55x12

CARDIO: Precor Eliptical 25 minutes

Diet: Wasnt very good yesterday. I didnt feel very well so I had to force everthing down. At the end of the day I had only taken in 1600 cals.... Feel better today! I think I am getting in the old "groove" already...I am looking forward to my workouts! Thanks for the support!!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Well I had the day off today... but I did decide to weigh myself (I am trying to only weigh in once a week or so).... Two weeks ago I was 263.6 (I hate even typing that).. Today I weighed in at 256.6....-6lbs! I guess this lifestyle change is paying off!!! 56.6 more pounds to go!!!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    WED: LEGS

Squats.. 175x8 175x8 (felt really good...form seems to be coming back)
    Hack Squats (Hammer Machine) 200x8 200x8
    Leg Curl Machine 125x8 125x8
    Straight Leg DL's 115x8 135x8 (this went a lot better than last week as well
    starting at 145lbs next week)
    Hammer Seated Calf Raises 90x10 90x10 90x10 90x10

Cardio: Precor Eliptical 25 mintues

Today seemed to go pretty well.... the improvement on the deadlifts was VERY nice...last week I was pretty discouraged.

Workouts are looking great man keep at it!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    thanks for the encouragement!!! Its been a while since anybody has been around!! It helps!!!

Don't Bust!!!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    I wont... I feel like I am already getting back into the "groove". I just hope I continue to see results in strength and weight loss!!! THANKS AGAIN

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    YESTERDAY (1-26-06)

ABS: Various exercises
    CARDIO: Precor Eliptical 25 min.

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Well Im still trying to get my Friday workout in!! I simply couldnt get to the gym yesterday...when i went today they were closing in 20 minutes. Anyway, I did a quick 15 minutes of cardio... Tomorrow I am doing my "friday" workout of bi's, tri's, and shoulders!!

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Keep up the work man! Keep being consistent!

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    Thanks for the encouragement.... It has really bothered me over the past few days that I missed my friday workout...even though I will still get it in!! I guess thats a good thing!

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    There will be times when things will not go as planned... You must be flexable in those situations and not let is discourage you. The way to defeat is to be so bummed out over missing a workout or eating to much that you quit... View it another way, if you mess up, just view it as one more day on the diet... But if you plan to live healthy forever, what is one more day? So truly, be flexable and be on target as much as possible and when things don't quite go your way or you mess up, go easy and get back on the path.

GETTIN' FIT OR BUST!!!
    SUNDAY: Shoulders, Tri, Bi

Military Press (machine) 80x8 90x8
    Seated DB Press 35x8 40x10 going up next week
    Standing Lat Raises 25x8 30x8
    Narrow Grip Bench 85x10 95x10
    Skullcrushers 60x10 60x12
    Barbell Curls 70x8 75x10
    Hammer Curls (seated DB) 27.5x8 30x8

Cardio: Precor 25 minutes

Workouts seem to be going ok.. I am not getting that "burn" I got in the past. That must be from the lower reps??? As I have said it seems like low sets and reps, but I am sticking with the program. For example though...I am not getting a good burn on my tris...not getting sore (did the first week)... is this ok???