The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Halloween

It's not even 7 o'clock and the bratty kids are already pissing me off. Here's hoping that by 2010, trick-or-treating is dead.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

They haven't even passed my house yet.

Don't have any candy for them anyways. Mwhaha. I'm soo cruel.

Way to ruin one of the better parts of some kids' entire childhood..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

They have never went on this road in the years that I have been living here. =/

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Way to ruin one of the better parts of some kids' entire childhood..
    It's not the young, well behaved kids I have a problem with. It's the disrespectful brats in the 11-15 year old age group who ring the doorbell 5 times, don't say "thank you," and spray silly string all around the neighborhood.

Or ring the doorbell like 50 times in 5 seconds then run into the bushes and keep repeating it. :P

Last Halloween, some jackass just held the doorbell down on my neighbor's door until it just fried out.

I just got off the phone with my grandmother, and she said some teenage punks just smashed a pumpkin in their lawn.

I'm figuring I'll wait outside with the ole double barrel.

Doing stupid things at Halloween was part of the fun!
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

some kids just knocked on my door

i didn't answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mission
    It's not the young, well behaved kids I have a problem with. It's the disrespectful brats in the 11-15 year old age group who ring the doorbell 5 times, don't say "thank you," and spray silly string all around the neighborhood.
    hmmm, my daughter's out spraying silly string all around.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr
    hmmm, my daughter's out spraying silly string all around.
    Or getting knocked up by some 10th grader.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Specifically me.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    Hmmm...
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

"Time to play the game" TheGame's Avatar
    we had four kids stop and that was it, what a bad turn out.
    "No maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself." Rocky 4
    " You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!" Rocky

I managed to scare the piss out of several children that couldn't escape me. I lured them with a candy dish and the promise that i was a fake werewolf. I love halloween :evillaugh
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

i had a few come by...trying to study for a business midterm, math project, psyc exam and business project...i hate school and trick or treating!

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    I admit, I laughed at this..

Sorry Jeff..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I hate halloween.

It's not a real holliday where I'm from, and it pisses me off to no end when some little dip****s keep knocking on my door, demanding candy. Last I year I went nuts and told this little kid that there is no halloween tradition in norway and that if he knocked on my door again, I'd mutilate his body.

ok, so my daughter and I just got back from trick or treating. quick rant. who and why do people give out crappy little sour candies, gum, and suckers. just stick to what kids(and me) want to bring home, candy bars, dots, anything reeses, and the old fashion orange and brown wrapped mystery peanut buttery taffy crap.

kids were pretty respectful here. plus I have a rep as "the big mean guy" even though i don't know hardly anyone.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I dunno, not a whole lot of action going on here. Maybe 3 or 4 groups of kids.

No firecrackers or fireworks either.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Hope she has a boy, I could use another male to even out the household.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    You know I'm looking for a daddy
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Mission
    It's not even 7 o'clock and the bratty kids are already pissing me off. Here's hoping that by 2010, trick-or-treating is dead.
    Just keep sneaking those razors into the Snicker's bars... it'll all og away eventually!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian
    I hate halloween.

It's not a real holliday where I'm from, and it pisses me off to no end when some little dip****s keep knocking on my door, demanding candy. Last I year I went nuts and told this little kid that there is no halloween tradition in norway and that if he knocked on my door again, I'd mutilate his body.
    Then go back to Norway...

Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    some kids just knocked on my door

i didn't answer
    Lazy bastard! That about sums up my feeling about ppl who don't give out candy...

The way I see it, they did it for me when I was a kid, the least I can do is repay the favor...