The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Changing Routine Up - EVERYONE Please Help...

beercan, Maki, Chris, Paul, Belial, bignate, Delphi, the doc.. I need yours guys help please.

After training for a while and reading some of the online journals of a few experienced lifters. I am thinking of maybe keeping my current split.. which is the following..
    day1- back, traps, biceps
    day2- rest
    day3- quads, hamstrings, calves
    day4- rest
    day5- chest, delts, triceps
    day6- rest
    day7- rest/start split over

However.. my specific exercises on each of those specific days really is not getting my anywhere I dont think. I read that you should have ONE basic compound exercise that you ALWAYS do no matter what. Just an exercise that you can progress on etc. After going through my routine I have that exercise on a few bodyparts but not others..
    back- chins
    traps- dumbbell shrugs
    biceps- barbell curls
    quads- leg presses*
    hamstrings- db stiff-legged deads
    chest- weighted dips
    delts- overhead dbs
    triceps- lying ez-bar ext.

*dont have access to a squat rack

Do each of these exercises for each specific bodypart look okay? Ill just add whatever other exercises for each bodypart. Totalling around 8 total sets for big muscle groups and maybe less for smaller muscle groups. I honestly just want to make sure that I am using the OPTIMAL exercises to be honest.

I am curious what do you guys think of the old style of pyramidding weight. For example if I was going to do lets say 3 sets of squats should I start the first with maybe 275 for 10, the second set with 295 for 7-8, and the third set with 310 for 5-6? I havnt emlpoyed this style of sets in around 3 years now. I am not sure why but I have just used straight sets. For example even for shrugs or whatever I am doing Ill just keep using the same weight for all 3 sets. Would you guys recommend this?

Please help me out guys... I really need it.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 01-01-2002 at 02:06 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!