Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Munky's Journal

Confused

Munky's Journal

CURRENTLY ATTEMPTING TO BULK (-NEED HELP-)

Stats:
    Age- 16
    Height- 6'
    Weight- 140

Goal weight: 160 by summer.

What I ate today:

Breakfast: Milk, and cereal with milk and a banana

Lunch: Bologna and cheese sandwich, apple, chips, coke

After school: 2 Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Milk

After work: Whey Protein

Dinner: Roast beef, corn, mashed potatoes

Before bed: Milk, Banana

Calories: ????

Workout:

NOTE: ALL EXCERSISES USED BARBELL OR EZ-CURL BAR

Bench Press: 3x10 115lbs

Preacher Curls: 3x10 75lbs (Note: Add more weight)

Military Press: 2x10 65lbs

Reverse Curls: 1x10 50lbs

Bent Over Rows: 2x8 95lbs

Squats: 3x10 100lbs

Well first thing i'm noticing is i need to eat more. The problem is i don't know what to eat or how to cook i guess its a good time to learn how too. Also i need to start counting calories as i'm aware i need to eat in the neighborhood of 3,100 cals. By the way i'm making this sort of a warm up week for me. The full body split i'm using now is just to get me used to working out again i'm gonna be using a split that looks somethin like this:

Mon: Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday: off
    wedn: Shoulders/biceps
    thurs: back
    Friday:Legs
    Sat:off
    sund:off

I think it will work pretty good for me. Now to explain my squats. I never did them before in my life really sooo. lol Wish me luck please give me any advice that you can.
    Last edited by Munky; 11-11-2003 at 06:31 PM.

Good luck with your journal Munky.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

...get a membership to the gym younger bro, even if it is only for a month -

Good Luck on the road to being the pimp this summer mang -

Confused
    Right now i rather work out at home because its more affordable for me and its just easier to fit into my schedule. Heres some pictures of my Ghetto basement gym. (Notice the 2 different color paint on the wall)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Confused
    little bench for flys and stuff

Confused
    some of my bars

Confused
    Wednsday: No lifting today. (Note: Real routine starts next week.)

Breakfast: 6 am
    -4 scrambled eggs with ketchup
    -banana
    -orange juice

Lunch: 1:00
    -Ham and cheese sandwich
    -chips
    -coke

After school: 3:00
    -2 peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches
    -apple
    -coke

after work: 6:00
    -Whey protein shake ( gonna need more powder soon better buy some nitrean anyone ever use this stuff?)

Dinner: 7:00
    -4 Hot dogs with mustard
    -mac and cheese
    (i know i need to eat better its a work in progress)

Before bed: 8:00
    -Milk
    -2 banana

Well lately i've noticed i've been hungrier than ever. I feel like i can eat anything yet i don't. Maybe i'm to lazy or maybe its my lack of knowledge about what foods i should eat and what to cook. I thinks its about time for me to start doing some research in the diet section of the forums.
    Last edited by Munky; 11-12-2003 at 04:02 PM.

Westside
    good luck on the new journal man

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Dude, cut back on the soda pops. Subsitute with water or milk. If you're hungry for sugary drinks, have fruit juice, chocolate milk or thirst quenchers (Gatorade, Powerade, etc) instead. Doesn't mean you can't drink Coke, but just cut back to a couple per week.

Nitrean kicks ass, the chocolate flavor tastes like Nestle Quik.

As for the squats, make sure you get the form right. When you get a membership to a gym, ask one of the trainers to guide you on the squats.

But the lifts are pretty impressive for your weight, keep it up and good luck on your goals and your journal.

Here's some to get you going.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Confused
    Thanks for the advice. Also i won't be signing up for a gym since i have some equipment at my house. I have a Squat rack i just bought recently for 300, a decent weight bench with preacher curl pad and leg extension thingy, and i have plenty of weights for now. I'm just gonna have to study by watching videos of people squating or just reading up on it.

Fr excercies videos, go to this page:

Videos

On the right column, click on the body part, it'll lead you to various exercises for the body part and a video of the exercise.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

You got the setup over there bro - ...nice ghetto style home gym -

Confused
    ****, got sick last night... Threw up everything that i ate it felt like. What the hell it seems like everytime i try to bulk or start weight lifting again i get sick and it sets me back.

(Note: no more hotdogs.)

Confused
    I'm gonna attempt to lift tonight. My stomach still feels kinda queezy but o well. I'm sick of this bull****...

Mayber the hot dogs were undercooked or something??? what else did you have beside hot dogs???

Home set up looks good man. Hope you're feeling better!

Confused
    Well, i decided not to lift today i just really didn't feel up to it with me being sick and all. I didn't eat to good today either, i pretty much just had to eat what ever i thought i would not throw up. Its alright i'll be all better by monday hopefully.

Feeling better? I hope you getting well.

Confused
    OK i'm feeling better now. I'm gonna start lifting and eating properly again tomorrow.

Confused
    OK here i go again i'm gonna start updating this regularly no matter what it takes. I'm not gonna record the food i ate to because its just shameful. So starting tomorrow i will post my diet yet again. Also heres a before pic.

How did i miss this journal!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better Munky. you are very young and very lean. The best advice i can give you is to eat up. some staples of a mass gaining diet are skim milk, natural peanut butter, sweet potatoes, salmon, bananas, and of course some good ol' whey shakes.

Looking forward to seeing some good sessions in here bro. Welcome to WBB
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    hey welcome to the journals

I think the best advice for now is EAT

your 16, you should be able to eat everything in sight! weigh yourself once a week and if you dont gain at least a pound a week you need to eat more........

Your job from now on is to raid your parents fridge on a regular basis making it impossible for your parents to keep anything in it without you eating it FIRST!
    Last edited by Kenn; 12-04-2003 at 06:02 PM.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Confused
    Thanks guys

You are at a great starting point and will be able to add muscle...you are so lean!

Get that gym membership for just a month (tell the folks - - nice x-mas gift bro)...believe me on this one -

Confused
    OK. Well i haven't updated because i haven't been able to get back into the weight lifting rythmn or lifestyle in the past weeks/month. Well now since its gonna be a new year and after a bad experience with alcohol ( I began to halucinate a little, woke up with the left side of my face bruised, and i smelled like gasoline when i woke up). I've now decided to lift again seriously. I'm actually feeling it now. I'm in the right mood too lift. So my new years resolution is to QUIT DRINKING, and start weightlifting and hopefully live a happier more fullfilling life. Now this is my game face its now or never baby!!!

TIME TO GET SERIOUS