Thread: Severe burning pain

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity

Severe burning pain

I just got back from my wedding/honeymoon and a week and a half off from lifting. I fully expected to come back feeling good and strong. My upper day on Sunday wasn't too bad. Today however, I felt about the nastiest pain I've felt while lifting and I don't even know where it came from.

The pain occurs at the bottom of a squat/deadlift/GM or if I am hefting heavy DBs from the floor. It is a searing/weakening pain that seems to originate somewhere in my lower back and shoot down my left hammie and end in the back of my knee. It does not feel like a pulled muscle and I've no clue where the injury would have come from in the first place. It occurs when picking up or lowering the bar when deadlifting and it occurs when going below parallel when squatting. I feel like it must have gotten worse since Sunday because on Sunday I was plucking 130 lb DBs from the floor like feathers so I could bench.

I tried light good mornings (135 lbs) for modest sets of 10 and this still aggravated the pain. I couldn't go above 315 on squat or 405 on deadlift without severe pain. I've never felt this before and it scares the **** out of me. I can even begin to feel the pain when peeing or otherwise in the bathroom when I push the appropriate muscle to make the action happen. It's not as severe as I felt when lifting, but it's most definitely there. My medical insurance is lacking right now however, so I really am having trouble affording a doc. If you all can offer any suggestions I would be forever greatful. After not lifting for a week and a half and not being able to deadlift I feel quite disheartened, considering deadlift is my specialty and brings me so much joy/endorphins.

EDIT: I did want to mention that I am using a few different liquid research chems at the moment. I don't think the pain should be any side from them, but it's something to mention. I'm using liquidex and finasteride most notably.
    Last edited by JustinASU; 11-01-2005 at 09:36 PM.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Banned
    man, sounds like it might be some kind of nerve prob. maybe.

Banned
    Did you try and start lifting as heavy as you were right when you got back to the gym? that could have something to do with it. Ive had a lot of friends that have had pinched nerves though, and it kind of sounds like that....I would def. go get it checked out before lifting anymore if there's anyway you can.

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    I can deadlift over 600 and squat around 600. Those poundages were sub-maximal so I cannot see that being a factor. I know a doc is the best option, but if anyone has feedback or similar experiences that'd be great.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Try this Justin ... might give you an idea ... http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310