The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate me

Wannabebig Member

Rate me

I'm 5"10" 224 - I'm 16 years old right now (I bench 275 but only squat about 225 because I'm recovering from a back injury - wasn't able to squat for about 6months)

I have a little bit of body fat (not sure %) - a small little gut

I'm trying to wonder what's a good goal for me - I"m thinking 6"0" 250 all muscle

is this realistic and is there anyway I can keep gaining muscle while burning all my excess fat???

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

post up your diet?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    I don't keep track of my diet

I just try to eat healthy - eat alot of meat, drink alot of milk, and the only liquids I drink are water/propel (which is like 10 calories)

on the road to a 1.2ktotal
    post up a picture... 5'10'' at 224 lbs you must be pretty big, and since you said you have a low bf % also I gotta see it to believe you.
    Last edited by HelpMeLift; 11-02-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    19 yrs old
    5'9'' @ 165 lbs
    bf%: ?

BB Bench Press: 275 lbs
    ATG Squat: 355 lbs
    BB Deadlift: 335 lbs

have a look at our stickies in the diet/nutrition forum

"best threads on diet and nutrition" "what a bodybuilder eats" start there and see!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

6' 250 "all muscle" is not a realistic goal for any natural lifter.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    How do you plan to gain those extra inches pray tell?
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

16 years old, 5'10, 224lbs and you can bench 275? Whats that? grade 10? as posted above, id need to see pics to believe

a good goal for you would be taking some honest numbers, then start from there

Philippians 4:13
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave117
    I'm 5"10" 224 - I'm 16 years old right now (I bench 275 but only squat about 225 because I'm recovering from a back injury - wasn't able to squat for about 6months)

I have a little bit of body fat (not sure %) - a small little gut

I'm trying to wonder what's a good goal for me - I"m thinking 6"0" 250 all muscle

is this realistic and is there anyway I can keep gaining muscle while burning all my excess fat???
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

get some 2" platform shoes and strap 26lbs of steaks to your legs

Wannabebig Member
    I love how you post a height as a "goal"...how does that work? If it were that easy we'd all have goals of 12" wangs too, lol. Also a pic would make it a lot easier to "rate" you...a little bit of body fat to you might be different then a little bit to the other guys on here.

You know 250 "all muscle" at 6'0 would be bigger than Arnold right?
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

lol
    6' 250 "All Muscle" isn't a goal. You have to be resonable with what goals you try to accomplish. Otherwise you are doomed to failure before you even begin.

Start simple...start with a goal you can actually acheive.

Gain 5lbs in a month...or add 5-10lbs to all your working sets of every lift in 1 month. See stuff like that is reasonable, but not too easy where it doesn't take hard work and detication to overcome.

Pay no attention to everyone (including myself) laughing at the 250 "all muscle" statement. If you really came here for help, then expect some constructive critisism that sometimes stings.

Your numbers are bs. I have never heard of a 16yrs old benching that much. Either give us a pic or be honest.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I wouldn't show my face after that flaming.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Banned
    "I have never heard of a 16yrs old benching that much."

I knew a 16 year old who could bench that much, but he weighed more than that. He was like 6'4" and fat as hell. He wrestled heavyweight and had to cut like 40+lbs every year to make the 275lb weight limit.

i knew ronnie coleman once, i think he could bench like 225 man that guy was a beast lolz
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

I don't keep track of my diet

Your goals might be a tad more realistic if you took the game serious.

Am I the only one that doesn't think a 16 year-old benching 275 is ridiculous?

It's possible, and is done quite often. We COULD give him a chance to back up his claims you know..

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Do that voodoo that he do
    A 5'10", 224 lb fairly lean 16 year-old with a 275 bench is pretty impressive, but far from unheard of. Every year a whole bunch of Division I football and lacrosse programs find quite a few kids with that type of size and development.

He's 16. He's probably assuming that he'll grow another couple of inches before he's done, which is fair. He could be finished growing in height now, or might shoot up to 6'5".

6'0", 250 and "all muscle" <- which I'll call 10% bf is quite a goal. As a natural it would be very unlikely.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

squat it all!
    i agree, it's impossible to rate you accurately unless you post pics. i've said i have "a little fat" on me before, so i know what that can mean
    always hungry...

man this kid will probably never come back here again 2 posts and he got killed.

I agree, it's possible, and I think you guys ripped into him way too much. It sounds a little rediculous, but there's a kid at my hichschool that could bench between 260 - 275 when he was 16. He's 18 now, and benching over 300, as well as squatting in the 600's. His own brother has admitted he took steroids though, so that could be part of it...
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

i wished i had good genetics to bench so much.

but its hard to believe as well. but if you want to keep track of you diet, try www.fitday.com they track calories, protein, fats, carbs.

a good goal is to not worry about how numbers look, but how YOU look in the mirror

i know 175lb 16 year olds who have benched 275... not really all that unimaginable
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????