The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How do YOU do HIT?

So after watching a couple of weeks of football, and realizing for the umpteenth time how much of a fat a$$ I am, I am going to start a HIT cardio routine along with a cut. I need some input on how to do the HIT part.

Do you do sprints alla football gassers or sprint workouts, or do you do intervals of higher intensity with lower intensity intervals inbetween? I am leaning towards the former, as I would like to regain a little of my former lack of speed.

Basicly I am looking for some examples of HIT routines used by others around here, I can construct either of the two above mentioned types of routines myself, just wondering what others do and why.
    Last edited by Ironminded; 11-03-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    Victory belongs to the most persevering.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I like weights. You know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but you see, you KNOW they'd crush you if they could. There's honesty.
    T. Campbell and Gisele Lagace

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think you mean HIIT, right?

This is how I do 'em:

Two treadmills, side by side
    One, at 10% grade, 3.5 MPH for fast incline walk.
    the other one, flat grade, 8-9 MPH, for the sprints

I warm up on the fast incline walk for three minutes, stretch out my hammies, calves and quads, then get back on the walk for 30 seconds, then jump to the sprint-treadmill for 30 seconds.

This is one complete interval.

I perform 8 such intervals (8 minutes in total), then finish with another 9 minutes of fast incline walking to burn off the FFAs and cool down.

I do 2 minute intervals. Treadmill I use has a interval program. 3.7mph and 8.2mph, 2 minutes. Heart rate normally hits over 170 before I feel like death. Last time I did 14 minutes before I was dead. Afterwards 10 minutes of incline walking.
    Nick V

ive done it for 30 minutes, going from walk to sprint for 6 minutes, down to walk for 3, and let me tell you its insane, lol.

doing it for a mile would be fine.
    2000 or bust

The shorter the interval, the better. I personally do 10 seconds sprint and 20 seconds easy for 10-20 minutes total. I recommend doing these on a track/field or a bike. You won't be able to do short intervals properly on a treadmill. I've also tried them on a crosstrainer and it sucked ass.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Wannabebig Member
    I've tried HIIT using various peices of equipment, the best being outdoors on a track and on a stepper. And don't be one of the pussies on the stepper who holds up half their bodyweight while doing tiny steps. lol
    "It's all about the diet. If you eat like crap, expect to look that way."