Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For The Girlfriend...

Quote Originally Posted by Cra-Z
    Here's a crappy picture of her, only one I have on me.
    Just wondering how your girlfriend feels about you posting her pic on the net... Also, if she's ok with it... You should introduce her to me and my camera :P
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    allergies are different then saying milk is bad for you.

It's not just people with allergies that milk can be bad for.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Rather than telling us to search or making blanket statements, I'd like to see some sources for your claims.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

So a guy comes on and asks a question for his girlfriend, and people here question his squat, tell us milk is bad because teh internets says so, and then you decide he's lying about his girlfriends bra size?

Cra-Z, I apologize.

Your girlfriend would be well served joining our community, even if this thread doesn't demonstrate it.

I think she'd be well served getting into resistance training, but as someone mentioned above, even a little muscle on someone who is doing mainstream modelling can be a bad thing. That's why you'll find many people here who don't at all like the mainstream model look.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 11-11-2005 at 08:00 AM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Progenerate
    This entire thread is a joy to read, I love milk so much... But lets think about it. We are the ONLY species that drinks milk outside of its infancy, and even then it's of a seperate species? Oh well, I drink my delicious organic skim milk (might as well be protein water) every day! woooooooooo....
    milk is awesome, and there's good reason for it to be good for growing bodies - it's produced (cow milk) to insure a healthy growth of an animal that will grow to be over 1,000 lbs. it's like superjuice for us measly humans...

Novice WBB Member
    ^no, build didn't. look at her cutting plan, she lifted heavy and ate lots of fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    So a guy comes on and asks a question for his girlfriend, and people here question his squat, tell us milk is bad because teh internets says so, and then you decide he's lying about his girlfriends bra size?

Cra-Z, I apologize.

Your girlfriend would be well served joining our community, even if this thread doesn't demonstrate it.

I think she'd be well served getting into resistance training, but as someone mentioned above, even a little muscle on someone who is doing mainstream modelling can be a bad thing. That's why you'll find many people here who don't at all like the mainstream model look.
    LOL, reread the post. It doest sound at all like im accusing him of lying about her bra size, only that it was possibly incorrect as most women are since they arent properly fitted. When people lie about their lifts they are often called out on it, why you chose to apolagize to this person specifically and not the countless others that this happens to here is beyond me.
    Last edited by smalls; 11-13-2005 at 10:45 AM.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX
    dude...you need you need to look over your lifts....squat 350 at age 15? get real
    I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, but I had to jump on this. I'm 17 and can rep out 350 for 6 reps pretty easily. I don't think 350x1 is that unrealistic for someone 1-2 years younger than me...
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

^squat 425? you...are a freak at 17 lol
    Last edited by accuFLEX; 11-13-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by accuFLEX
    ^squat 425? you...are a freak at 17 lol
    I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks!
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1