Thread: Changing squat stance mid-routine

Changing squat stance mid-routine

I was thinking about switching up my stance from set to set while squatting. Does anyone see a problem with this?

I do a 5x5, with squats 3x a week (second day is light). I was thinking of a 5x5 like this: Sets 1,3,5--shoulder width stance, sets 2,4--wider stance. That would be for Day 1. On day 3, I'd do the opposite, with 1,3,5 being the wider stance.

Or maybe I should just do narrow stance on day 1 and wide stance on day 3.

Your thoughts are, as usual, very appreciated...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Thats about what I do for my squats, changing the stance that is. Im also doing a 5x5 for them. First week i'll do narrow, wide, narrow, wide, narrow for each set then the next week i'll do it starting with wide.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

I try to mix up stances from time to time. Usually, I just do high-bar or Manta-Ray w. a closer stance.

Sometimes I'll do ultra-wide stance work when I get closer to a meet just to work on flexibility - it feels like my legs are being pulled off my body! Make sure to work into it gradually.

But should I do it in the middle of a 5x5, or workout to workout or week to week?
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

I don't think it matters that much. If you are getting ready for a meet, I'd hesitate to be messing around with your stance and set-up too much - otherwise, go for it!

I am so far from a meet....they don't even have a word for it in the scientific journals. Light years is a mere fraction...

I think for a few weeks, I'll do the mix up, since it's been a while since I've done narrow-stance squats. After that, I'll probably go w/ narrow on day 1 and wide on day 3 (or vice versa).