The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women Question...Christmas present

I have a question for any women on the board. I was looking at buying my wife a nice Coach purse for Christmas...I just just wondering what everyone thought.

Is that a nice gift or is there a better designer purse out there? I'm looking in the $350 range.

Just thought I would get opinions of others.

Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I heart Coach!

Good call!

I name all of my Coach purses... yeah when you don't have a bf you get a hobby like collecting designer purses *lol*

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Coach makes nice purses. In the $350 range you will hardly find more trendy stuff. There are definitely higher brands but their prices can get astronomical.

How big of a purse are you looking to get her? Check out Amazon.com (they have Prada, Gucci, Coach, Fendi, etc. at discount prices). You may be able to swing a better label purse and still remain in your price range.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Sounds like a nice gift, but unfortunetly it will only be trendy for a while then she will want another one... perhaps a longer lasting (fashion wise) gift might be better?

I would suggest buying her some kitchen appliance or cleaning supplies.

Here is roughly what I was looking at

http://www.coach.com/aspx/content/pr...ategory_id=188

I didn't even think to look on Amazon, there is a coach store local that why I was leaning toward that. That and Coach has a classic look, which my wife usally goes for a more classic look.

Galileo

That was last year...a new Dishwasher, Stove and countertop. That's what she wanted so don't think I'm sexest or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by estropes
    Galileo

That was last year...a new Dishwasher, Stove and countertop. That's what she wanted so don't think I'm sexest or anything!
    Then I would go with cleaning supplies or perhaps some items for the laundry room. Or maybe an inexpensive treadmill.

Galileo

The treadmill was two years ago along with a home gym....again her idea not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Or maybe an inexpensive treadmill.
    Nothing says "I love you" more than a cheap/used treadmill.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Speaking of which, what are you getting your boyfriend for Christmas Anthony?

Speaking of which, what are you getting your boyfriend for Christmas Anthony?
    You haven't told me what you want, hotstuff.

I've been eyeing up a compound mitre saw at Lowe's. Make it happen, my lil' midget-poo.

If I think of a big name bag is def Louis Vuitton, but I those are a bit more expensive. Coach is nice... Did she tell you she wanted something like this? The best gifts I ever get are ones that have thought put into them. Something that says o he listened when I talked about 'insert child hood story or something here' and thought to get me this I would just tell my bf he spent way too much on a bag if he got me a $350 purse and that it wasn't necessary. But I don't think I am the average woman on this one.
    Live Love Laugh and LIFT

Squat: 145X6
    Bench: 100X6
    BO Row: 115X6

Journal

My sis and I split the cost of a Brahmin bag one year for christmas to give it to my mom. I got her a few little side gifts too. Funny thing is she loved the other stuff I got her more than the $350 bag.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    That's a very nice Coach bag. A comparable Louis Vuitton or Gucci will be $1000+, and a comparable Hermes prolly over $3,000.

Check out Amazon. I stumbled upon their bag offerings when I was researching holiday gifts for a girl friend of mine.

Of course, getting it directly from Coach will provide extra care should the bag suffer from a defect or if something happens to it. Luxury labels usually have extremely high lelves of customer service.

For example- I gave my brother a Jack Spade messenger bag when he went off to college, but the damn thing started tearing (after almost two years) from the load my bro was carrying. He took it to the Jack Spade store, they gave him a loaner bag while his was sent off to be fixed, and in the end the company determined that it would be easier to just give my bro a new bag than to fix his, so that's what they did.

I had a similar experience with a pair of leather/canvas sneakers from Gucci- they offered to try to fix them, then chose not to even attempt to (some cracking of canvas after 8 months of wear) and just gave me credit towards another pair of shoes.
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 11-08-2005 at 11:52 AM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    If a boyfriend ever bought me a treadmill he would be in a whole lot of trouble!

I like the sig bag you picked out. Coach has been classy and always will be classy to me. My mom has always had Coach bags, and my friends mothers as well. I stick to the classy stuff like sig, mini sig, and staple colors of leather. I did however splurge this spring and bought a stripped hobo... spent a fortune and am ready to get rid of it... it taught me a good lesson.

I personally am not a fan of Fendi, I have never liked Gucci, or hermes, Prada has cute stuff... especially shoes and belts!

Coach does have great customer service... I have even worked for them at one point... just for fun *lol* Which I also got a kick ass discount! I like the bag you picked out and I'm sure your wife will love it too!

The only other thing that says I love you better than Coach is Tiffany's

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    If a boyfriend ever bought me a treadmill he would be in a whole lot of trouble!
    I imagine there's little chance of you being fat since instead of buying food you're buying $350+ purses.

I imagine there's little chance of you being fat since instead of buying food you're buying $350+ purses.
    That seriously made my entire day! LOL

i really like Coach leathers....the one you picked out is nice too.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Once they get to Coach, they move to Louis, once they get to Louis they move to something more expensive. Its a vicious cycle, don't let it get started

If you want to save some money, check out Ebay and get one of those Thai knock-offs. They're really good knock-offs and it's not likely that she'll ever know.

Spend the rest on beer.

That seriously made my entire day! LOL
    Good!

Did it ever occure to anyone that I just have a good job... I can afford a designer purse habit?

I just have a good job...
    You married rich?