The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terrell Owens Suspension

It sounds to me like he's done with the Eagles. I think TO has shot himself in the foot for the last time. He used to complain about his contract, and now I doubt any team will want to pick him up. Those that do will probably offer him a contract at, or below, what he's currently making. The one pattern you see with this guy is that it's never his fault. It's always somebody out to get him. He's such a great receiver, but his whole attitude to the game, and those around him completely overshadows what he can do on the field. If I were a coach or owner, I would not want him on my team. No matter how good he is. He has to be throwing off then entire teams chemistry with his antics.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I just don't understand him. He could go down in history as one of the best players ever, and yet he ruins it because his head is too ****ing big.

People can be so stupid.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

He probably has issues that would warrent some serious therapy. Nothing is his fault in his own eyes. That's not normal for an adult.

Not only that, but what he's doing hurts his entire team, which he doesn't seem to care about. He was complaining about last year after he broke his ankle, saying how the team said they didn't need him and that they could win without him. Well what the hell are they supposed to say? Every team that loses a key player comes out saying that it's a team sport and they can still win without that one player. It's not a knock on their injured guy, it's just the team saying they can still win because they're good as a whole. TO is extremely self centered, it has to make everyone in Philly sick to hear him talk.
    Last edited by Tim Nissen; 11-07-2005 at 11:59 AM.

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Who is Terrell Owens? The dude on the Right Guard commercials? It's funny, I actually caved and bought some RG ... because it was on sale for $0.50 ... hahaha.

What was the question...?
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

OMG, just wait until Xience comes to canada, as the commercials are repeatedly saying. It will no doubt at some point go on sale an then you will HAVE to buy it!

T.O. is too talented to not be on a team. As long as he has talent there will be a coach that thinks they can control him.

Will he get the dollars? Probably not. But I could see him sign instead for a high incentive-based contract over what now would only be a low guaranteed money contract.

It will be tough though, there will be plenty of teams that shy away from him because of his attitude, and then add to that he'll probably want to go to a team that has a chance at winning, it severely limits his options.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Pete, I know you don't use deoderant, so you might not understand that $0.50 is a pretty good deal compared to the usual $3.00.

And I would totally buy xyience. It makes me fight with a rare fury until I have nothing left.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

T.O. has a poor attitude, the coach is more or less your boss on a football team. Would you basically walk up to your boss in a job you want to keep and basically say "**** YOU"?? I think not.

No team will sign T.O. for any long term deal, his attitude is still as bad as it was back in the days of the 9ers.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    What a baby.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Dude has issues. Serious pathological issues.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

he should be on the raiders. oakland welcomes weirdo's.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Outside of the loop, but not far from the lake
    Man, I remember arguing with friends and people on forums so many times in support of this guy. I had to make so many calls and posts admitting I was wrong this weekend. It's called going too far. There is no reason to fight with Hugh Douglas, period. There are plenty of QB's you might feel are better than the one you have, but you have to have the mind of a 2-year old to make a detrimental comment about your current QB in the middle of a season. It's like, "how far can I push it?" Well, too far, dummy.

There are a couple of coaches that would take on T.O., but the question is whether T.O. could handle the coaches. Bill Bellichek has a "my way or the highway" approach and made Corey Dillon a thankful, role-playing, human being. Bill Parcells will let you yap as long as you aren't detrimental to the team - if you are, he'll boot you. Gruden doesn't take much crap, but he's already been through T.O.'s predecessor, Keyshawn. Holmgren and Gibbs are also instant respect guys that'll boot you just as soon as deal with you. Coaches that think they could deal with T.O. but can't would be guys like Dennis Green, Jack Del Rio, Lovie Smith, Jim Haslett and Tom Coughlin. Herm Edwards, Tony Dungy, Dick Vermiel, Mike Shannahan, and Marvin Lewis wouldn't even want to get into the war.
    You spend money you don't have to buy things you don't want to impress people you don't like.

Quite simple, he is a man who clearly has no distiction between good attention and bad attention.
    Last edited by BG5150; 11-07-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

TO is DONE!

Eagles suspended him 4 games and he will be inactive for the remaining games.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9029399 <--those are 'bye bye's", not hello's.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Footballer
    I think I'm starting to like chad johnson better than T.O. now.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

I think TO has a better attitude on the field than McNabb.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    I think TO has a better attitude on the field than McNabb.
    Yeah, but it's the off field stuff that TO needs a muzzle for.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Eagles suspended him 4 games and he will be inactive for the remaining games.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9029399 <--those are 'bye bye's", not hello's.
    That's a good article. I love this part...

"The bad blood between Owens and McNabb began after Owens went down with a severely sprained ankle and broken leg in Week 15 against Dallas. Owens was upset that McNabb and other players said the Eagles could reach the Super Bowl without him, which they did."

Why would you be upset about your team saying they could win without you? What else are they going to say? "No, we have no chance at winning now because our team is nothing without one player, T.O." Pfft, he needs to get his head on straight. I'm surprised they can find a helmet big enough to fit his fat head.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. They knew who they were signing. If they didn't want to deal with the attitude, they should have passed.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I wonder if he pulled a Sharpie out of his sock to sign the suspension papers.

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. They knew who they were signing. If they didn't want to deal with the attitude, they should have passed.
    Agreed -- it was risk and return. Similar to signing Dennis Rodman, for instance.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

"Time to play the game" TheGame's Avatar
    T.O. has no idea what professional means, he is a just a young punk who thinks that he is god's gift to the world and we should all bow down in front of the almighty T.O. He is a great player I will give him that but he lacks respect for the fans, the game, the coaches, or the players. I hope no one signs him and he goes away.
    "No maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself." Rocky 4
    " You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!" Rocky

There will still be a lineup of teams trying to sign him regardless. Although, his antics will cost him a lot of money I'm sure.

T.O. IS a head case, but the Eagles are also partly at fault. They are cheap, and don't necessarily treat their players as well as they could. So this is a case of not the best environment, coupled with a complete child with too much pride.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

The guy is an a**hole, any way you cut it.

He's only got a few years left, he better quit fooling around.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame
    he is a just a young punk who thinks that he is god's gift to the world.....he lacks respect for the fans, the game, the coaches, or the players.
    Well, he's about to turn 32 years old, so he'd bettery hurry up and learn those lessons FAST. He'll be almost 33 next Fall.
    Last edited by Majestic; 11-07-2005 at 07:11 PM.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Reconstruction in Progress
    Good ridance, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    When the Eagles cut him, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Oakland or Dallas signed him immediately.