Thread: Test raised by saturated fats?

Test raised by saturated fats?

I wanted to get your opinion on this matter before posting. I know you're the expert on fat. Here's what has happened.

My testosterone level was at 200 ng/dL. After the blood test the doc prescribed some herbal remedies. They weren't working and I was still feeling kinda ****ty. During a 2 month period my test levels never moved. I gave up on the herbal stuff even though the doc asked me to try to keep at it.

For about 3 weeks prior to my last blood test I increased my saturated fats and started taking 1gram of maca (Actually I had started the maca a bit earlier). Went in for a blood test, and waited another couple of weeks for the results.

Today I went in and the doctor said that my testosterone went up to 310 ng/dL. The doctor thinks it was the herbal stuff finally kicking in. I didn't mention that I had stopped taking it.

Anyway, I was wondering if it could have been either the increase in saturated fats or the maca. Not sure of anything that would raise it a whole 100 ng/dL in 3 weeks. The tests were done on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. All other levels remained normal.

I should also mention I only recently started squatting. Couldn't get the form down properly but as of last month I'm squatting.
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here

I've not seen any research on maca, so I can't comment on that, but there is some evidence available that says saturated fats will increase testosterone to a degree.

My question - what the hell kind of doctor "prescribes" herbal remedies? At 200, your testosterone levels are at the lowest end of the spectrum. I would have asked for HRT at that point.

This doesn't make much sense.

i don't think sat. fats will continualy raise your test levels but if you're not getting enough and you add in more, your test. will go up. But it's not like the more you eat they will keep on going up. That's what i've read atleast, have to see if I can find the links.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    I've not seen any research on maca, so I can't comment on that, but there is some evidence available that says saturated fats will increase testosterone to a degree.

My question - what the hell kind of doctor "prescribes" herbal remedies? At 200, your testosterone levels are at the lowest end of the spectrum. I would have asked for HRT at that point.

This doesn't make much sense.
    I live in Japan...where they prescribe Chinese herbal medicine before taking any "aggressive" forms of therapy. Now he would like me to take HCG, and only HCG to see if that would raise it any.

I don't have kids, and I am not too keen on destroying my little boys without first getting some grasp of what I'm going to be doing to my endocrine system with HRT. The doctor may want me on it, but I may not...not until my girl until there's a little one in the picture. I'm sure there is plenty of info to support that infertility with HRT can be minimized, but I have to read it and be convinced first.
    If my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
    Steroid Info Click Here
    The Truth About Steroids (Video) Click Here
    Rules for Women to Follow (Video) Click Here