The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Back Pain

Wannabebig Member

Back Pain

So a year ago halloween I slept in a friends car upright in his front seat...Dont ask why. Anways ever since then my lower back seems to always be in pain. When I am not sitting up completetly straight my lower back aches. Ive been to the Dr several times and they have taken x-rays which came back negative. My Dr suggested physical rehad on the back but I am not ready to go that far. Also I am scared to work out my lower back in fear I might damage it more. Can anyone give me any advice on how to reduce lower back pain and strengthen it so that it can heal? It would be greatly appriciated.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzoflick
    My Dr suggested physical rehad on the back but I am not ready to go that far.
    Why? It's not like he recommended surgery. He recommended REHAB. That's not unreasonable when it's been bothering you for over a year.
    Can anyone give me any advice on how to reduce lower back pain and strengthen it so that it can heal?
    Exactly what a physical therapist would do.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by gonzoflick
    Can anyone give me any advice on how to reduce lower back pain and strengthen it so that it can heal? It would be greatly appriciated.
    Razorcut's right. Ab work, lower back work, pay extra special attention to form on all exercises that heavily involve your lower back.

core workouts.. back extensions. I have neck and upper back pain after 2 car accidents but strengthening my core has eliminated lower back pain.
    Never Giving In.

Banned
    Tried a chiropractor yet? I knocked them until I actually tried one. Changed my life.

I ****ed up my lower back doing squats with horrible form like a year and a half ago. My low back gave me bad pain when bending toward the hips past like 45 degrees. Know what fixed it? I got my ass in the gym and did some light squats and deadlifts, focusing on my form. After the first workout, the decrease in pain was substantial. After like three weeks or a month, it was gone completely.

I would recommend to get in the gym and do some light sets, with good form, as mentioned above by another poster. That should do the trick. If that doesn't work, go see a chiropractor or a therapist.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics