Thread: Liquid Meal Recipes?

Banned

Liquid Meal Recipes?

On my work days I can't stop to eat every couple of hours, so I guess a liquid meal would be my best bet. What am I gonna need?

Milk. Feel free to add protein powder, peanut butter, oats, whatever you like. Just blend it up. But milk works as good or better than most of the BS supplements out there.

Banned
    Powdered?

I would say throw some whey in a shaker, pack a natty pb and honey and when you hungery add water. ITs an awesome meal on the go.

if you wnat calories

try this
    10 ounces of soy milk, 2 scoops of chocolate whey
    3 tablespoons of natty pb
    4 scoops (2 oz each) nonfat frozen yogurt
    1/4 cup bananas
    1/4 cup ice

tastes like a reeses peanutbutter cup
    its a recipe i derived from a smoothie place i work at

it has over 1200 calories in a 30ish oz shake

if you want less calories... this is whaty i do
    8 oz soy milk
    1 tablesppon natty pb
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    1 scoop nonfat plain yogurt

change measurements according to your taste.
    I don't have time. I make time.

How about ones that don't need to be refrigerated? Whey/peanut butter/oats is the only things I can think of that will stay good during the day. I'm going to be on campus for 6-8 hours and only way to store food will be in my backpack or car, and its will probably be 100+ out.

WHy soymilk?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

make sure to have your food surrounded by ice/the cooling stuff w/e its called and it will stay cold. Its very hot over here right now and I take food in the car to work everyday and leave it in a big lunch boxand have alot of ice in there and its always very cold when I go to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by XxH0LyWaRsxX
    WHy soymilk?
    Personal preference?

Some possible advantages over cow juice:

Better lipid profile

Virtually no carbs

Different amino acid profile (particularly when considering mixing it with whey)

opticean and oats perhaps.... for fats have a zippy bag full of almonds. thats what i do, i just leave the stuff in my trunk or backpack.
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

hm so soy milk is much better then milk? I might give it a try. If I do do you just get plain flavor?

Quote Originally Posted by YungLifter
    hm so soy milk is much better then milk? I might give it a try. If I do do you just get plain flavor?
    soya milk-milk are both very good for you try the vanilla flavored soya milk it's real good!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I was just checking out the nutritional facts on soy milk and regular soymilk isn't that much better for you but the Light soymilk is much better for you the vanilla and choclate light have very little sugar and same protein. Ill give it a try what costs? more im guess soy milk
    Last edited by YungLifter; 07-13-2005 at 01:19 PM.

I wouldn't say it's much better, it's certainly different. A varied diet is a good thing. Personally I don't drink normal milk and instead have soy milk on my cereal for which yes I use plain. It has quite a distinctive taste by itself which may not be to your liking but then you can always mix it with some flavoured whey etc. As for flavoured soy milks you'd have to check out the ingredients and nutritional information, they might be loaded with sugar which kinda defeats the purpose I'd say.

I was just checking out the nutritional facts on soy milk and regular soymilk isn't that much better for you but the Light soymilk is much better for you the vanilla and choclate light have very little sugar and same protein. Ill give it a try what costs? more im guess soy milk
    it's slightly more expensive then regular milk i buy the 2L close to 4$ canadian
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Ill give it a try ill try the vanilla and choclate the light of course the vanill aand choclate regular has to much sugar.

soy milk tastes bettter to me
    and ibeleive the protein is faster acting than in normal milk

uhh then agian though after taht article on soy in the diet and nutri section i might switch it up

I go through SO much milk I can't see myself buying it anywhere other than in bulk. I drink a gallon a day, I should probably just buy a couple cows... =]
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Dudes if you're looking for a meal on the go, try making some homemade protein bars. They're healthy and easy - my recipe is this

1/2 cup peanut butter
    1-2 scoops protein
    1/2 - 1 cup oats
    olive oil, granola, or honey to taste

Heat the peanut butter up in a skillet on low heat until it's runny (heat up the honey with it if you so choose to use honey), then mix in the protein powder and the oats (you MAYYY need to add a *little* milk to the protein to make it mixable, but don't overdo it!). Keep the mixture on low heat while mixing, then place it in a cookie tray or shallow bowl and throw it in the fridge for a few hours. Cut them up and you have great bars that you can throw in a ziplock bag for a few hours and they're still crunchy and don't spoil!

Quote Originally Posted by albanat0r
    soy milk tastes bettter to me
    and ibeleive the protein is faster acting than in normal milk

uhh then agian though after taht article on soy in the diet and nutri section i might switch it up
    soy milk is quite low in phytoestrogens compared to other soy products, i wouldn't worry about that.

buy some shakers, load them up and go