Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday seaso and watching weight...

sdfsfsf
    Last edited by andru0617; 10-29-2007 at 01:43 PM.
    Height - 5'10"
    Weight - 215
    Bench - 315 x 1

it's the holidays, enjoy a little, just eat smaller portions
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Luckily, I've never been a big fan of food during Holiday season...so it works out great for me...i don't like cookies or any sweets/desserts really...egg nog...nothing...

Nobody is going to be offended if you eat half a piece of pie instead of the whole piece. I plan on watching what I grab from the christmas party snack trays (which means I'll grab one of everything instead of two of everything this year... well... maybe ) but that's really about it. If I really let myself go and gain 5 pounds of pure fat over christmas, somehow, (hey, since I'll be lifting maybe my working sets will increase while it's happening instead of the fat pouring on) it will be gone by February. Learning how to cut has done so much for my peace of mind.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

I don't accept every invitation I get, and I take my calories WAY down on days where I'm not going to any type of party or holiday dinner. And I mean really down there--to about 1200. (I'm female, so that is not as insanely low on calories as it looks. Men can get away with quite a bit more than that, of course.) This strategy is a bit painful on the diet days, but it also allows me to have absolutely whatever I want on special occasions and parties without wrecking the fat loss effort.
    "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

My attempts at lifting heavy objects

Current maxes:

Squat 145 kg (320 lbs)
    Bench 67.5 kg (149 lbs)
    DL: 142.5 kg (314 lbs)

...oh, and I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer
    Learning how to cut has done so much for my peace of mind.
    NO KIDDING!

I take the week off dieting from Christmas to New Years.

I start back with normal eating January 2nd.

Amber's Love
    Personally, Im gonna enjoy my white meat and stay away from the mash potatoes . And I never liked stuffing
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 275
    Lifting: Little more than 1 Year

Completely reforming my technique, especially my squat.

Maxes: Forget about that for quite a while.

Goal: Lose 30 lbs by March? Doesn't look very good right now.

i'm vegetarian, so i won't lust on turkey and all.Thank god my sister is coming, she does all my vegetarian christmas dishes for me
    Last edited by getfit; 11-23-2005 at 02:39 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I started my cut after (Canadian) thanksgiving, and plan on starting a bulk come Christmas. I've been thinking about this for a while as you can tell.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

pfft. I'm looking forward to packing on some weight this holiday season.

Grasshoppa
    Unless you're totally binging for 5 weeks straight, then I'm not seeing the problem with letting yourself go for 2-3 days here and there.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Pot-bellied bean pole Big & Tall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhund
    pfft. I'm looking forward to packing on some weight this holiday season.
    :withstupi

I'm bulking until after the holidays It really depends on your situation, but in reality, it's not like there's a huge, overladen table of pies and cookies in front of you for the whole five weeks. So you eat a few big (OK, HUGE meals) over the next month to month and a half--it won't kill you. It might, however, make you bigger and stronger
    Eating like a grizzly bear with a tape worm

My Journal

im cutting over the holidays however i will take xmas day off and new year apartf from that ill just eat loadsa turkey and what not as much wont change ill still be in work up until new year like normal mon-fri then have a week off from new year
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Its the holidays. Enjoy them. I've been in California for 2 days, and pretty much ate nothing but crap. Yesterday I had 1/2 dozen donuts, 16oz steak, a box of cereal, 1/2 gallon of milk, assorted cookies, candies, etc. I'm going to enjoy my holiday.
    Nick V

Combat Infantryman
    Heh, it's snowing here and I just ran suicides outside

The faithful few I guess.

Eat everything you want on just Thanksgiving and Christmas. Nothing wrong with those 2 days.
    I can't wait for all of the gorging that will take place today.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Don't obsess about 1 or 2 days of eating whatever. This could cause problems that you don't want to have. This is coming from someone who suffered from an eating disorder and still has some what disordered eating. I don't eat junk, at all, I've eaten clean for the past 2.5 years and even on thanksgiving and christmas during these times I haven't indulged at all. I'm letting loose a little more this year, but it's hard, and unless you've been through an ED you wouldn't know what it's like. but i wouldn't want to see anyone do that to themselves. I wouldn't wish an ED on my worst enemy, it really ****s you up physically and mentally for a long time.

I'm bulking so I'm really looking forward to the gorge fest.

I'm only 140lbs so I'm using this as an opportunity to go crazy. I'm bulking and just eating EVERYTHING in site.. ~4000kcal a day

Quote Originally Posted by Davidelmo
    I'm only 140lbs so I'm using this as an opportunity to go crazy. I'm bulking and just eating EVERYTHING in site.. ~4000kcal a day
    i think you should use this as an opportunity to eat BIG all the time @140lbs

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by getfit
    i think you should use this as an opportunity to eat BIG all the time @140lbs
    I was only 125 before I started :evillaugh lol

Banned
    i definitely eat large when im at home. no one here cooks so all we do is eat out

Just ate the last of the pumpkin pie and left over turkey for breakfast. Now its back on the same old grind till x-mas. Past few days were all probably 5000+ cal days, but who cares. Even if I put on 1lb of pure fat, it will be gone in a week.
    Nick V

I ate almost the whole turkey by myself, but atleast I took some of the skin off=). Im bulking anyway so its all good in my tummy=)

Wannabebig Member
    i;m actually looking forwards to this holiday season . i used to be soo obssesed about my weight and stuff because of track. But now i'm on a bulk, and i have to say... it was the best thanksgiving ever... i gained about 5 lbs... haha

i'm looking forwards to xmas too... but new year resolution is to go on a cut. i sersiously will miss bulking