Thread: Risky Decision

Supreme Champ

Risky Decision

Ok so on saturday i have a wrestling tournament and tomorrow's a chest day and im usualy sore for 1 sometimes 2 days after i work my chest. Im not sure what i should do i really dont wanna push it all the way back to sunday so should i risk it?
    Currently Age 16 5'10 158.5lbs
    10km run:43min

"The referee is the most important man in the ring besides the two fighters." -Big George Foreman

"He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts."-Blackie Sherrod

Skip it.
    Simple eh'?
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

I dunno man. In 5 years you might look back and wonder why your bench press sucks. Hell, you might wonder why everything sucks. Then you'll remember this week. And how you skipped your chest workout. And how that one small decision cost you everything.

Right.

Skip the workout and good luck at the comp.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by Kayo
    Ok so on saturday i have a wrestling tournament and tomorrow's a chest day and im usualy sore for 1 sometimes 2 days after i work my chest. Im not sure what i should do i really dont wanna push it all the way back to sunday so should i risk it?
    depends how much you care and how good you would do anyway.

the day before the last XC meet of the year i did 4X4's for dls, squats, and powercleans. all were hard and heavy. my time increased like 1:15 on the same course i had run a week before lol. but its not like i was a star runner and i wasn't running for my teams placement (only top 7 on the team do that, the other 23 of us were basically fun-running lol). so if the coach doesnt need a stellar performance out of you, i would lift anyway, but if how you do matters whatsoever to the team, then dont lift.

Supreme Champ
    its pretty much a warm up tournament i wanna see how i place wrestling in seniors and up a weight class
    Currently Age 16 5'10 158.5lbs
    10km run:43min

"The referee is the most important man in the ring besides the two fighters." -Big George Foreman

"He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts."-Blackie Sherrod

Skip it. Why chance not being at your full potential for something you can make up afterwards?
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Banned
    Agreed, skip it.. Your lifts will still be the same next week.

Banned
    It all depends on what matters more to you.