Thread: skinny 19 y.o.

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

skinny 19 y.o.

I've been lifting for about a year and a half. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh between 145 and 150. I used to work out 5 days a week, but recently cut it back to 3 days due to lack of time with school and work, but i like it better anyway. I can't bulk up for anything and yes, I eat all the time.
    Last edited by TypeSHLuder; 11-28-2005 at 09:46 AM.

The pics arent to bad, but you definately need more mass. Also the whole I cant bulk up thing is such complete bs, I'm 6'4 and have a fast metablism and I can bulk just fine.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Eat more. That's the only way to bulk up.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Eat more, use fitday.com and track your cals. at ure bf% just eat and eat
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Wannabebig Member
    you look really good as is. i wouldn't recommend a bulk, just keep clean bulking

Quote Originally Posted by billbraski
    you look really good as is. i wouldn't recommend a bulk, just keep clean bulking
    So what you're saying -in the same sentence mind you- is that you wouldn't recommend a bulk, just bulk?
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    So what you're saying -in the same sentence mind you- is that you wouldn't recommend a bulk, just bulk?
    HAHAHAHA I can believe I didnt see that.

Quote Originally Posted by billbraski
    I'm fairly certain what this guy meant was that he shouldn't go on an all out bulk but should continue a slow bulk. Or whatever he's done to get to this point.

I do not agree however, I say EAT MAN EAT!!!
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeSHLuder
    I can't bulk up for anything and yes, I eat all the time
    I used to say this too. Then I started eating more. Then I started drinking a ****load of milk. 45lbs later....

Eat more, drink milk, weight gain will come.
    Last edited by jkirkpatrick; 11-29-2005 at 04:24 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick
    I used to say this too. Then I started eating more. Then I started drinking a ****load of milk. 45lbs later....

Eat more, drink milk, weight gain will come.
    Yeah, but I can't drink regular milk because I'm lactose intollerant. I get lactaid now, but next time im at the store I'm gonna look for those lactose enzyme pills. I figure once im done with school, I graduate january 12th, I'll have more time to eat. Right now I usually get up at 6, leave for school at 7, have class from 8-9, go straight to my internship from 10-4, then work from 5-9. When I'm done with school I'm gonna get back on creatine, glutamine, and protein. My goal is to get up to about 170lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    Since your an Ectomorph I would definantly reccomend eating as much as you can, Im not saying Micky dees 24/7 but I really wouldent worry about the quality so much as long as its full of protien and CALORIES. I know everyone has said this but even eating more isnt eating enough, eat until your gonna puke man just stuff your goddamn face every chance you get. And do not neglect your legs, I dont know your routine but you will never get big without lots of dl's and squats.
    Cuttingtime:

Started @245

Currently 215

You look fairly lean. Start the bulk! I've put on 10 pounds and only went up around 1% bf already, and it looks like you are naturally lean as well. Just eat eat eat and if you think your getting too fat, just cut back a bit. Good luck man.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 175
    BF: 12%
    Bench: 175
    Squat: 225
    Deadlift: soon...
    Time Lifting: 2 yrs.
    Started as a skinny 95 pound wimp.

I don't think there is such a thing as a clean bulk for a guy this thin. If you eat enough you will gain.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

yeah, keep eating, you have a good frame and once you pack some more meat you will look ace.

Banned
    Not bad for your age man, keep on doing it, youll grow fast!