The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: New Pec WOrkout

New Pec WOrkout

I am gonna switch up my pec routine and try this
    4 sets bench
    4 sets incline db bench
    3 sets db bench supersetted with db flies
    3 min rest inbetween sets.
    This routine is for hypertrophy not strength so tell me if everything seems right.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

How often are you doing this, and what set/rep scheme are you using?

Once every 5 days and my rep scheme is 10-14, 3-4 sets per excersise.

mmmm me personally i would change the rep range to 8-10 but thats just me if you prefer a higher rep range and it works for you go for it. Is their a reason why you will be doing the superset at the end. its a good idea but every week could be a bit to much again if it works for you great. rest times and exercises look good
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

I would just say drop the DB flies for something else, they are pretty worthless.

I'm doing higher reps because it seems to stimulate muscle growth for me the best. And I just read about this fly/bench superset in an article and its supposed to be pretty effective. One question though how does db bench compare to db flies in terms of lifting weight and if I can bb bench 255lbs I should be using like 100's for db bench right?

I only have dumbells and bb's so I have to make do with that.

Its harder to make a comparison between bb and db than that you will only really no when you try it. also db flies will be lmuch lower than db bench. for example i can get 8 out of 45 kilo db(99 pound) however i use the 20 kilo (44 pound) for flies. i do however use a wide style flie were as some people dnt go as wde and go heavier
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

11 sets? If I where you, id bring that number down to around 8
    Last edited by accuFLEX; 11-28-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I'd drop that last superset and do chest dips instead.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

accu- I like high volume and respond well to it.
    cripp-I would but without resistance its to easy, and I dont have a belt so I cant real get any resistance.

I agree w/ cutting your reps. Maybe hit 4-6 reps on the flat barbell, 8-10 reps with the inclines, then, IMO, finish it off w/ some dips. You could always alternate each workout - for example, flat barbell and incline dumbbells - next workout, flat dumbbells and incline barbell.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANMAN
    accu- I like high volume and respond well to it.
    cripp-I would but without resistance its to easy, and I dont have a belt so I cant real get any resistance.
    Put a db beween your feet to add weight on dips.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANMAN
    if I can bb bench 255lbs I should be using like 100's for db bench right?
    You might be in for a slight shocker here. I honestly doubt you're going to want to use 100's on DBs if you haven't worked with DB Bench recently. Just realize your first few workouts with DBs will be hard on your pride...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I think you would be up to 100s given a few weeks.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Yea I know about the stabilizers and how its gonna be shackey at first but I actually tried using 70's and it whas fine, no shakiness.

When I switched to Dumbbells from Barbell Bench a year and a half ago, I was barbell benching 235x8. When I initially switched to Dumbbells, I was able to do 70lb dumbbells 10 times and within two workouts I was up to 80x10. After a six month hiatus last year and a 6-9 month cut/2.5 month bulk this year, I am now using 100lb dumbbells repping 7-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    I actually really like flyes between pressing movements for pecs - if for no other reason than the stretch.
    Oh, this thread and this post in particular pains me so.

And built isn't allowed to reply until she posts here Tabata squat scores.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Oh, yes, THOSE.

Remind me what it is exactly that you want me to do to get that? Something about bodyweight squats over and over until I puke? Gee, I WONDER why I've been putting these off...

I currently do heavy squat work Monday and Tuesday. When should I do these, to get an accurate reading?

And what, exactly, pains you about stretching out the pec?

Similar to the "burn" and the "pump".

OKay so I did this workout today and damn it felt good bro, I will probably cut back on the volume a bit though because at the end I couldnt move, its realy tyering.