The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Consumers fight back against crooked Online retailers

http://thomashawk.com/2005/11/pricer...nd-switch.html

This story is amazing to me... I've had some bad experiences online, but never like this. The retailer called this mans boss while he was at work! Read it... Your jaw will drop.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

hilarious. When I first started in the ecommerce world I worked for a guy like this. locking people into autoship programs. if they tried to order and their CC failed, he would start chargin it by $5 incriments until it was declined for insufficient funds.

I remember it was all a bit more shady back in the days. However, you didn't have the power of placing a bad rep world wide on a specific company. It's rather apparent that this company knows exactly how bad it can be for your business.

What cracks me up is that one of those tools actually signed a waiver that said he wouldn't post negative feedback about the company and if he did, they would charge $100 per negative comment found. He signed this and faxed it back... That would have been a HUGE red flag for me.

I would have ended the conversation with the guy like this: "I'm disputing the charges. You won't get paid. I'm also canceling my credit card and getting a new one, you won't be able to keep charging it up. Feel free to send me a camera from Malaysia and try to charge me for it. It won't go through, sorry. Yes, I'm posting negative feedback. However, all is not lost; Jesus still loves you. Bye."

I'm just glad that credit card companies have caught on to these kinds of shady dealings and are now willing to support customers 100% in disputing fradulent charges like the one above.

I agree... It's nice. They have WAY more power than we do to punish them. I read one story of the same retailer stating that if he disputed the charge, he wouldn't win and the retailer would charge $250 to his card for disputing fee's... Hilarious.

What's so messed up is if you go to the links the guy has on his site, you'll see he by far not the only one! Hundreds of people with the exact same stories as his on epinions and other sites that let you rate retailers.

That was sweet. I love wasting like 20 minutes while at work.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Of course this isn't to say that consumers shouldn't read any contract they agree to...
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Well, there was no contract between most of these consumers. The one contract that was mentioned baffled me as to why anyone would sign it. "If you say anything negative about us, we'll charge your credit card for it." Who would sign that?!

^ Someone who probably didn't read the fine print or the entire contract. But can companies really charge people for things that they have not, in some way, communicated to the customer?
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

No, no, no... This guy admitted he read the contract fully. He said "I was then faxed a letter stating that I agreed not to post any negative feedback about the retailer to any family, friends or websites and by doing so the retailer would charge $100 to my credit card for every negative comment found. I wanted my camera so I just signed it and faxed it back immediately." He actually signed this thing twice... After them not shipping his item over 2 weeks and calling just about every day to "Confirm his address" (which they were really trying to pressure him into the warranty and lenses) they said they would ship it after he signed the contract again... So, he knew what he was signing and he did it anyway.

Yeah, ya see I understand that markets are usually like this where the customer is trying to minimize the business's profits and the business is trying to do the opposite. Obviously there's going to be quite a bit of deception so I don't really look down on businesses that let the customer know what's going on (he signed a contract...) beforehand. Yeah it does seem pretty nutty sometimes though.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me