The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Fatty action

Fatty action

Here are some pics I just took. I've been lifting for about 2.5 years now, 2 years where I knew what I was doing.

I started a little mini-cut and got down to like 259ish. School is just kicking my ass right now, so I'm going to delay the cut for winter break, at which point I am going to proceed with PSMF for as long as I can take it, and I'm going to try to revise my UD2 plan to make it even more effective than it was the last time I tried it and then ease into that.

Anyways, here are the pics. I'm guessing around 20%+ [cat2]. Some areas are a lot fatter than others (chest/back & torso section have a lot more fat than my legs, arms, and shoulders). Calves are very strong, but small - they are probably about 1.5" smaller than my biceps.

about 6'4", 259
    Legs are ~27" give or take
    biceps are between 17.75" and 18.25"
    waist is a fat 35-36.

I feel so gross and I don't fit into any of my old pants. I'm confident that after January I will be able to fit into my 34's with room to spare again.

Lastly - funny story. I went to an arm wrestling tourney at the gym today. Made it to the semi finals and lost to this guy who was pissing me off with the grip. After like 10 tries I just said **** it and let him have his ridiculously advantaged grip and lost. Anyway...

I'm wearing cargos, and I decide to do a few sets of squats since I haven't seriously been to the gym for the past 3 weeks or so. I warm up, everything's fine. I load up 395, gonna try to set some raw PRs since I kinda stopped cutting and have been eating like a horse the past few days.

Unrack - good, ok. Space my feet - good, ok. Decend down into the hole. *RIIIIIP*. I blast back up immediately for what seemed to be the deepest and easiest squat rep of my entire life. I rack and check the damage.

The pants are permanently ****ed, and I now have a hand full of ass. So I ripped my knit boxers, too. I had my friend go grab my sweat jacket and I tied that around my waist. I figured I was there already, might as well get my sets in. I unrack and go down again, and my pants rip about twice as bad. I dumped the weight and got the hell out of there - God sent me two signs.

You can't tell too well from the pic, but the holes are HUGE. Like the entire boxers from the bottom of the crotch stitch all the way to the back of the hip. The pants are ripped from the back of the hip at the seam to about 1/3 of the way down the entire leg.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dw06wu; 11-30-2005 at 10:05 PM.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

rest of the pics-

Btw I blurred my face out in the ones because my facial expression was just ridiculous. Not quite as bad as some of Mitch's, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bests:
    ollld pics

looking large and in charge, not too fat either. I'd say for u to bulk super hard until christmas break before u go on ur cut. keep doing what ur doing!

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

You know that's not a bad idea at all.
    bests:
    ollld pics

Your looking ****ing solid.

You look solid! I'd also wait until after the holidays to start your cut. Less distraction, etc.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Always knew you were big but somehow overlooked the height...really huge and hard, especially at 6'4.

You look freakin awesome dude. I think I might just go jump off some cliff now. I would say that your hams could use a little work but you still make me look like a little girl.
    "One's success is determined only by his/her effort and willingness to get back up when they fall." 97muscle

]

My legs look like **** in general right now. They looked bigger when I weighed 240 simply because I had a lot less fat on them. But yeah, I do think my hams could use a little work. I haven't been pushing my SLDL because I don't want to hurt my lower back again. Worst injury ever.
    bests:
    ollld pics

Banned
    looking real large and in charge bro.. nice

Quote Originally Posted by dw06wu
    My legs look like **** in general right now. They looked bigger when I weighed 240 simply because I had a lot less fat on them. But yeah, I do think my hams could use a little work. I haven't been pushing my SLDL because I don't want to hurt my lower back again. Worst injury ever.
    I feel your pain on the whole back thing. Read my journal I tell all about it.
    "One's success is determined only by his/her effort and willingness to get back up when they fall." 97muscle

]

Looking ****ing thick! Nice work. I'd like to have a look something like that, obviously sans some of the BF.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

looking good, nice size to you.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Was gonna say there was no way you're 259 but I didnt realize you're 6'4''. Great work putting on that much mass, and you're bf isnt bad at all, after a good cut you will look beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    Was gonna say there was no way you're 259 but I didnt realize you're 6'4''. Great work putting on that much mass, and you're bf isnt bad at all, after a good cut you will look beastly.
    I'll admit that I almost don't look 259, but you can't really see from the pics my ass/glutes are a fairly decent chunk.
    bests:
    ollld pics

I'll admit that I almost don't look 259, but you can't really see from the pics my ass/glutes are a fairly decent chunk.

Ya you got big quads too, I dont think you look lighter than 260 @ 6'4''. I feel for you though, it sucks being tall.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerjrus
    Ya you got big quads too, I dont think you look lighter than 260 @ 6'4''. I feel for you though, it sucks being tall.
    I dont know, I kind of like it. It takes a lot to fill out, but once you do, you are bigger than most. Plus, it doesn't hurt when you are trying to attract women..at least most that I've been around have said that they liked that I was tall. That might be a dependent situation, though.
    bests:
    ollld pics

You look ****ing solid dude.

Definately some motivation to get me into the cafeteria
    Last edited by bschatz88; 12-02-2005 at 11:22 AM.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

I dont know, I kind of like it. It takes a lot to fill out, but once you do, you are bigger than most. Plus, it doesn't hurt when you are trying to attract women..at least most that I've been around have said that they liked that I was tall. That might be a dependent situation, though.

Eh its a trade off, some days you like the attention from women. Some days when I'm in the gym I wish I had shorter arms. You DO look better when you finally get some meat on you, but its a hell of a lot harder to do.

Wannabebig Member
    Awesome lats!!!

looking thick, keep it up

is way too skinny!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgonnabe
    Awesome lats!!!
    +1 !!

Look great man!
    Squat = Not enough
    DL = Not enough
    Bench = Not enough

Big 3 = Not enough