Thread: need help with diet plan guideline's

Wannabebig Member

need help with diet plan guideline's

i think im starting to sound a little annoying asking so many questions, my apologies, just want to get this thing right

could somebody help me set out my diet plan, and tell me which meals require simple and complex carbo, protein..

eg. post workout meal requires protein to recover the muscles & pre-workout meal requires some kind of energy? like white rice instead of brown rice

i'm 18, weigh 205 pounds and i am 6 foot (measured today)

Aim: i want to bulk up while getting rid of my pot belly, i plan to workout 3 times a week and plan to consume 5-6 meals a day

geting rid of a belly? i suppose this can be done through dieting but it is hard to diet and bulk up at the same time, so would doing sit-up excercises 2 out of the 3 workout days along with 30 minutes of cardio during workout days and 1 hour of cardio during non-workout days help?

hey..

first of all you need to set yourself some clear goals.

once you know where you want to be its a lot easier. You recognise yourself its hard to both bulk up without losing a gut.

However if you are used to not cticking to a diet, once you start dieting on a 5-6 meal a day clean plan you will most likely not only lost fat but gain some muscle as your body now has the fule to build muscle. But again its all about how much you eat..

my q.. are you gaining/maintaining or losing weight right now?

If you are maintaining your weight you might want to eat a little less and a lot cleaner. read "dieting basics" by anthony on wannabebig.com.. its in the diet archives. also read ian duckets good eating guides.

As for as proteins, carbs etc just worry about being consistent with 5-6 clean meals a day right now. Thats what I am doing now after a big dieting layoff. You can worry about specifics later. Get some consistency in your diet.

I try to eat 25% of my carbs in meal 1 and my post workout meal , then plsit the other 50% between my other 4 meals. Protein and fat is distributed evenly. That should set you to a good start.

Hope that helps, and donlt worry about asking questions. thats what this forums is for
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

oh and throw in 3 cardio sessions.

try to schedule them on off training days.

Maybe a few morning runs?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Re: need help with diet plan guideline's

Originally posted by beginner18
    i think im starting to sound a little annoying asking so many questions, my apologies, just want to get this thing right

Never tire of them.

eg. post workout meal requires protein to recover the muscles & pre-workout meal requires some kind of energy?

it's helpful for both pre and post workout to get a combo of these two macronutrients.

geting rid of a belly? i suppose this can be done through dieting but it is hard to diet and bulk up at the same time, so would doing sit-up excercises 2 out of the 3 workout days along with 30 minutes of cardio during workout days and 1 hour of cardio during non-workout days help?

ab training can be helpful for progression of lifts like deads and squats so yes, do ab work. if you want to do them to 'tighten' up your stomach, then they alone will not work.

if you do that much cardio, you'll never 'bulk' up unless eating a damn lots of cals - and even then you'll still burn out pretty fast. you need rest to grow, although cardio can be helpful and it's good for the heart and fitness.

1 hour cardio = too much IMO.

how about lifting weights 3 days a week and doing cardio for 20-30 minutes on two of the non-weight days. take the remaining two days of the week as rest.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Re: need help with diet plan guideline's

Originally posted by beginner18
    First, robboe is correct, 1hr of cardio is too much. Second, you can't bulk and and cut at the same time, you are better off to just eat clean with calories above maintenance until you achieve an lbm that you desire and then begin to cut, especially if you are just starting out. Lastly, situps only hit the muscle, so you'll build stronger, bigger abs, but you won't cut them up until dieting.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

bone crusher
    have you lifted before? You will gain strength as mentioned in the beginning. Just concentrate on your workingout being as intense as possible, trying to progress every session (even if just 1 rep more or 2.5 lbs more-f'ing do it!). There are several workout splits possible but wbb routines 1 and 2 are very good.
    As for cardio, i myself dont like more than 2/3 sessions / week. The more intense the cardio the less time i do it. I can walk briskly for an hour, but run no more than 15-20 minutes. same thing with hiit cardio, 1-15 min max. Basicly i've found that when you over do it it really cuts in to your lifting. THis is bad as muscle growth is going to help burn off more fat

remember to allow for maximum fat burning structure your diet around foods that will not overstimulate insulin. SImply, this means to eat carbs that are whole foods/clean foods. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, carrots, all green veggies. No white bread, cake, white pasta, donuts, crackers, etc.. Avoid fast food! Pre workout avoid consuming carbs right before your workout, perhaps have a little fat (peanut butter perfect here). post workout consume some protein and lower gi carbs (whey and oats)

bone crusher
    from my own personal experience, intense lifting and diet control has been the only way i've shrunk this gut!~(and i still have work to do...lol)

Hey,do some intervals and see the lard melting off.

Wannabebig Member
    yeh ive lifted before, but nothing consistant, i would only end up at the gym once a week because i couldnt get a lift in there, but now ill be able to go wheneva i want so i can start goin 3 times a week, ive had a bench press for a while and ive been doin bench and bicep curls for a few months and thought i should start going to the gym and start eating properly and get in better shape, im pretty determined and will be able to stick to something .. how long should i bulk up for untill i start cutting? i kind of want to get into the cutting stage asap..

Wannabebig Member
    strongly thinking about the keto diet.. ive been reading up on it and read thru some previous threads, it sounds good for what ive set myself out to achieve.. just not sure about the fat - protein ration.. 1.5-2g fat per 1g of protein.. ive made a new threrad about it, ive mentioned it in a few threads .. thanks for the help peoples

Start writting a daily online journal in the online journal forums.
    You'll be getting very useful tips and support as well to motivate you whenever you need it.

Wannabebig Member
    kewl thanks, yeh i made an online journal when i signed up, although lookin thru it, it kinda shows how little i knew about this.. hehe, still learning and will be for some time :P