Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My workout music

Thanks for the tracks, intargc!

Glad you liked them. Thanks!

Combat Infantryman
    Thanks for the sets, I have such a wide variety of music on my iPod and techno/trance (especially progressive) is one of 'em. Always on the lookout for anything that keeps me pumped up

Love them thanks for sharing. Would love to have some new ones too!

Nico
    Last edited by Nicoman; 01-01-2006 at 02:12 AM.

sweet ****. will be dl to the mp3 for my workouts now. thanks also if u have any more u wouldnt mind sharin u could send em to brandonsbird02@yahoo.com
    Last edited by 20firebird02; 01-01-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks guys! Glad more people are downloading them and liking them. It's always great to hear what people think of them.

Banned
    Great stuff, guy!! Even though my music tastes lean towards a different beat (metal owns all), these mixes are pretty nice.

Too bad they weren't ripped at 192 instead of 128. Oh well, still ace.

Wannabebig New Member
    If you didnt mix them you'd think they sucked ... J/K bro . I cant hear them I got dial up and I aint waiting for 27 hours for it to download .

Now if someone downloaded them that is going to the arnold , burn me a cd and bring it to the strip joint there and you can give it to me . I'll have one of my stripper friends dance to it while carrie is hooking on the streets .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Thanks guys.

Sorry about ripping them at 128. However, the reason they were ripped at that was because most internet radio stations wanted 128.

hey intargc - do you know of a good roller rink around here?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I sure don't... I personally take my rollerblades and iPod up to the Silver Comet trail and have a day of it.

i'm kinda craving the old school quad skate experience to better music really. *sigh* i'll be heartbroken is there isn't a rink anywhere that's got a touch of underground to it.

Well, I do know of a few that are around Atlanta, but I'm not sure how they are since I haven't been in years. There is one in Kennesaw off of 41 that used to be a "Sparkles" back in the days and now it's just some independently owned one. We used to go to it on Skate night back in Elementary school! Last time I was in it about 7 or so years ago it was pretty much exactly the same. Only difference was the music they played was all newer stuff.

oh yeah? that's sorta on my side of town. i would have preferred soemthing in midtown. seems liek there's an interesting one in Stone Mountain, altho it doesn't ahve a website. Apparently the rollergirls train there. it's supposed to be very "east atlanta/L5P" i'm not sure i'm hip enough for all that.

Download the ultimate showdown by lemon demon it actually pumps you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    oh yeah? that's sorta on my side of town. i would have preferred soemthing in midtown. seems liek there's an interesting one in Stone Mountain, altho it doesn't ahve a website. Apparently the rollergirls train there. it's supposed to be very "east atlanta/L5P" i'm not sure i'm hip enough for all that.
    Yeah, the one in Kennesaw is at the corner of 41 and Chastain Rd. Right across the street from that Huddle House. I believe there is an import car mechanic in front of it... I'm sure you could go in there and beg the DJ to throw on some old school skating tunes.

Actually, if you can do that, i'll come! haha

*lmao* old skool skating tunes would be cool. altho i'm listening to Beastie Boys Solid Gold hits right now, and pretty much anything they've released would be good roller-skating music.

we need to start a grass-roots roller revival down here. freaks on skates. gotta have a good dj tho. not soemone stuck in the 70s and not soemone that's strictly hip-hop. just soemone that knows good music to skate too.

My friend Barry would be a great DJ for that...

heh - you ever thrown a party before?

We've tried... oh have we tried... We've also failed. Oh have we failed...

*lmao* tell me about it. If i had the money to waste, i'd give it a go, but i've got other plans for this year.

maybe better to take over an existing night at one of the local rinks for a while first.

I think if it was advertised well enough, you'd make some decent cash on an old-school skate night.

yeah - it would definitely have to be promoted all over. the one sticking point, i think is liquor. i don't think many of these rinks have a license to serve, and if they do, i'm not sure about the headache of dealing with the 18-21 year olds. and then there's the whole drinking while skating thing.

this is the kind of party that would appeal to those who like to dance and skate, and not neccessarily drink while doing it. so that automatically cuts down numbers. but has the opportunity to draw a really cool crowd - especially the breakdancers and such.

so essentially the draw would have to be the music/DJ and the other people partying. i just don't know if something like that could be pulled off without a precedent, you know what i mean? a context that already guarantees a good time.

Well, come on... Old-school skate nights never had liquor! Indeed, we were only like 8 or 9 when we went to them, but still! haha

I'm not saying you could pack the joint out. However, I think if it was promoted properly, you could get a decent amount of people in there and the rent on one of these roller rink places is mega low. I mean, you have mid-income families renting these places out for Birthdays all the time.