Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My workout music

man...you are totally talking me into making some moves with this idea. *lol*

seriously i've been floating it past a couple of my friends at work here, and there eyes totally light up when i mention it. one of them is actually putting out feelers amongst her friends who are in the party "biz".

i think i need to go check a few of the local rinks out for myself and see what their vibes are like. especially as far as lighting and location go.

do you know anyone who can breakdance or poplock on skates?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I'll do it. Have an ambulance lined up for when I dislocate my shoulder.

I don't know anyone personally, but it wouldn't be too hard to find someone...

*lol* i am not going to call 911 at my first event.

yeah it shouldn't be hard to find soemone. i know 1 kid that breaks - i'm sure he's got a crew. if he has any self-respect anyways.

For real... hook it up! I'd come! I'd even rent out the old-school skates and leave my rollerblades at home!

However, you need to do a regular party and remember to call me up to DJ. Then I can finally DJ a real party and not be asked to play hip-hop and 90's pop. that would be wonderful...

*lmao* at being asked to play hip-hop and 90s pop. playing to the lowest common denominator sucks.

doing some web research, there's actually a jamskate thing going on at Sparkles in Hiram (i don't even know where that is) the night before MLK day. I might have to scope out that scene and see how they do things OTP.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    You guys are really on to something.
    Rollerderby is making a tremendous comeback.( I know, not what you are talking about; but, skatenights are gaining popularity again.)
    Hell a girl I went to school with in OHIO is in LA as one of the Rollergirlz.
    All I can think of is this
    "Rollerskates+Liquor."
    FLy me out and I'll work security.
    That'd be easy as hell.
    You could just grab whoever and wheel em out.

Know what? I used to think that the brakes on the frontof the skates were used by tipping both feet forward at once..
    I tried repeatedly.
    I wish like hell I had video of it.
    I eventually gave up and just slammed into the wall to stop.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Kind of like how I learned to stop on a bike when I first learned to ride one... I'd just slow down and jump off and let the bike run into a wall to stop it. I couldn't seem to keep my balance when pressing back on the peddles to stop the bike.

Josh, if you do security, I'm going to pick fights with you just for the hell of it. That will get people in the door... I mean, screw the breakdancing skater... We have a 168lb dude picking fights with a bouncer.

*lol* hatred....i'm just glad you can find the old style quad skates again - i never could get the hang of rollerblading because the damn brakes were on the back and that was counterintuitive to me.

check out these clips from this place out in Fayetteville - this crowds a bit young - but there's gotta be 21+ folks doing the same stuff somewhere....

http://www.aboutjamtime.com/Vidz/Bre...sk8%20Bash.htm

(granted they are young and kinda country - but some of these boys and girls got moves)
    Last edited by Tryska; 01-04-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Nice...

I think Micheal Eaton won. The backflip was what I think made him win. I mean, how hard it must be to do a backflip on skates.

hell yeah - i know i couldn't do it without busting my ass. *lol*

i've been thinking more about this idea. i'll let you know what comes from it.