The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

My workout music

So, I used to DJ a while back. I would spin House and Trance and Breakbeat. There are a few mixes I did earlier this year before my retirement that I thought I'd share with you guys. Feel free to download them. I listen to these a lot during my workout sessions. For me, they give me a great pump for the gym. Good 4/4 beats and strong basslines get me going. They're seamless mixes (All at least 1 hour long) of all my favorite tracks at the time. Here ya go:

This one is trance. Faster, more upbeat, has female vocals:
    http://www.totaldeanism.com/music/De...0-%20Taboo.mp3

This one is House (Progressive house). A bit slower but good strong beats and basslines:
    http://www.totaldeanism.com/music/De...%20Toronto.mp3

This one starts off kind of dark and slow but picks up throughout the mix. This is one of my favorites for some reason. Most people don't like it because it starts of dark-ish.
    http://www.totaldeanism.com/music/Redeux.mp3

Enjoy! Feel free to comment or bitch about them. I always love feedback.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I guess most people here are rockers?

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I will definitely check it out once I get home. THANKS!!!!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

wow first one is 61 meg *passes out*

Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    wow first one is 61 meg *passes out*
    Yeah, they're all seamless mixes about 1 hour or more long. The Redeux mix is 102 Megs and 73 Minutes long... However, that's how they're supposed to be! Seamless and flowing. Good stuff if you like this kind of music.

TwiloMike,
    Twilo as in the old NY Twilo?

Quote Originally Posted by intargc
    TwiloMike,
    Twilo as in the old NY Twilo?
    Uh huh. Why do you ask?
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Uh huh. Why do you ask?
    I didn't make a link at first... You should definitely like one or more of my mixes then.

Hehehe I couldn't wait- I'm downloading them at work and listening to them.

So far I've checked out the second mix- I'm missing Vernessa Mitchell or Deborah Cox or some vocal diva. I'm a hyuuuuuuge Junior Vasquez fan (if you know what that means).

The trance one sounds cool- listening to it now.

Cool.

I'm always been more of a house and progressive fan myself, but I always made mixes for my sister and she loved vocal trance. About mid way through there is a good remix of IIO's Runaway. I always liked that track. Very upbeat. It's also on the Toronto mix, but it's a house remix on that one.

I'm listening to the trance mix and I'm liking it more than I should (I'm not a big trance fan). Sometime around the 13th minute a great vocal track starts (could be IIO, I'm only familiar with her song Rapture). I like this mix a lot.

I love hard progressive house with a good measure of tribal beats and occasional diva vocals thrown in.

Twilo was a blast on Saturday nights.

I loved Rapture back in the day's... Runaway is better, I think. This trance mix anyway. It kicks in at about 36 minutes. My sis almost always fast forwards this mix to that track. Haha

Yeah, I love some dirty progressive and some good vocals.

I never got to go to Twilo. I had my "rave" days, but that was about all. Atlanta still brings in the top DJ's, but lately they just haven't been like the used to be. A lot of them have really taken a turn for the worst. Mainly the big time progressive DJ's back in the mid-90's such as Sasha and Digweed. I used to love their stuff. However, lately I've been less than amused with any of it. Nick Warren still tears it up though... I've loved the mixes he's come out with.

hmm.....i followed a link from your sig to this.....you are in the ATL huh? Did you spin around here anywhere?

and more importantly where are the good DJs these days? used to be MJQ but not so much anymore from what i understand - but to be honest i haven't gone out since they changed the liquor laws and shut down backstreet.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    hmm.....i followed a link from your sig to this.....you are in the ATL huh? Did you spin around here anywhere?

and more importantly where are the good DJs these days? used to be MJQ but not so much anymore from what i understand - but to be honest i haven't gone out since they changed the liquor laws and shut down backstreet.
    There is no such thing as a good DJ anymore. Seriously, it's dead... Even the big time DJ's have moved on to making music that - to me - sounds boring and is really hard to get a groove and dance to. This is why I and my friend retired from DJing. Well, he claims he retired but he's still spinning for Aiko every other freakin' weekend. However, he's spinning 90's pop and rap...

I never spun at any clubs. I was on 91.1 FM a few times... However, as you can hear, I spun music that made you dance and for some reason club promoters didn't like it unless you were a BIG name DJ or you spun pop/hip-hop stuff. All in which I wouldn't do or never become. So, no... no clubs here in Atlanta.

The days of Backstreet was kind of fun. I remember going back and forth between there and The Riviera! One night we started at the Riviera, went down to Backstreet, then to MJQ's, then to a small rave (that sucked) then back to Riviera then back to Backstreet's until 7AM. Those were the days! haha

There is no such thing as a good DJ anymore. Seriously, it's dead... Even the big time DJ's have moved on to making music that - to me - sounds boring and is really hard to get a groove and dance to. This is why I and my friend retired from DJing. Well, he claims he retired but he's still spinning for Aiko every other freakin' weekend. However, he's spinning 90's pop and rap...

I never spun at any clubs. I was on 91.1 FM a few times... However, as you can hear, I spun music that made you dance and for some reason club promoters didn't like it unless you were a BIG name DJ or you spun pop/hip-hop stuff. All in which I wouldn't do or never become. So, no... no clubs here in Atlanta.

The days of Backstreet was kind of fun. I remember going back and forth between there and The Riviera! One night we started at the Riviera, went down to Backstreet, then to MJQ's, then to a small rave (that sucked) then back to Riviera then back to Backstreet's until 7AM. Those were the days! haha
    Yeah Riviera was cool too! Is that still open? i can't imagine they've got a workaround to the liquor laws. And i understand your point about DJs. it's different now.

But seriously - i haven't been out since Backstreet shutdown, because i think to myself - what the hell am i gonna do at 3am? like it's incomprehensible to me that one would go home at that point. *sigh* they're turning it into condos.

I'm gonna download what you got and give it a listen. (not on my sucky work speakers tho)

Iron4Life
    Thanks for the posting.. I'm DL'ing and will give a listen to.. although this old man my have much different tastes.. :-)

incidentally i'm a beat junkie - love breakbeats and d&B - jungle too - and hardcore - the more bpms the better. I like trance a lot too, but if i listen to too much of it, it makes me want to slit my wrists with an electric razor.

incidentally i'm a beat junkie - love breakbeats and d&B - jungle too - and hardcore - the more bpms the better. I like trance a lot too, but if i listen to too much of it, it makes me want to slit my wrists with an electric razor.
    haha! Yeah, well... I'm not a HUGE trance fan myself, but when I was mixing, I was doing it to please people around me. My sister is a huge fan of trance with vocals so "Taboo" was made for her. The other two are Progressive House.

My first time on 91.1 I did a 100% breakbeat set.

My friends did a remix of the cover by Johnny Cash "Hurt". It's a breakbeat remix. See if you like it... It was in almost every breakbeat set I ever did and everyone loved it:
    Johnny Cash - Hurt (Remix by BarryBond and Kevin Dispain)

My friends did a remix of the cover by Johnny Cash "Hurt". It's a breakbeat remix. See if you like it... It was in almost every breakbeat set I ever did and everyone loved it:
    Johnny Cash - Hurt (Remix by BarryBond and Kevin Dispain)

love it! it makes me want to drive. at night, in a city. in the rain.

love it! it makes me want to drive. at night, in a city. in the rain.
    Yeah, it's a great remix. They made it like 2 years ago and it sold out in the record stores 3 times. However, it's just now starting to get radio play...

Word.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

no doubt it's gonna wind up in a car commercial sooner or later.

Good stuff. I started off DLn the last of the three on top, the dark one and its very good. I am DLn the other two as i type. Thanks for sharing!!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by ericg
    Good stuff. I started off DLn the last of the three on top, the dark one and its very good. I am DLn the other two as i type. Thanks for sharing!!
    Thanks! Yeah, the last one is my favorite. I just like the progression of it the most... starting out dark and then leading into some pretty nice trancier stuff...

The Johnny Cash cover is pretty good as well. I am a big fan of Cash (wide variety of music taste/interests) so it was cool to hear a quality remix.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison