Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have gas.

How in the heck can you tell a detailed story like that about other people in the gym?
    I'm too focused on myself to worry about what anyone else is doing in there. Everything is like a blur to me except the weights I am lifting and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by muscleup
    How in the heck can you tell a detailed story like that about other people in the gym?
    I'm too focused on myself to worry about what anyone else is doing in there. Everything is like a blur to me except the weights I am lifting and myself.
    I ask myself that same question every day...

However, in between sets I rest about 2 minutes. I just look around and people watch. I do this all the time in every situation... I'm a people watcher. Some people aren't people watchers but I people watch frequently. Call me a dork, but I do... and people watching in the gym is just too much fun, as you can see from my stories.

My boss says the same thing to me. If he goes to the gym with me I'll be like "Man, did you see that girl? She had the best stomach I've ever seen" and he'll say "Umm... I didn't notice anyone, I was too busy working out." All I can say is I feel sorry for people that are so overly consumed with anything that they can't stop and watch people for 2 minutes between each set. You're missing out...

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Must be doing a lot of it.
    3 days with no workout posting.

tuttut
    Last edited by Hatred; 01-07-2006 at 07:21 PM.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Hey, I've been moving all weekend... give me a break!

Friday - Legs / Shoulders

Legs
    Leg Press - 230x14, 410x8, 430x8, 440x8
    Hack Squat - 320x7 (bad form), 280x8, 280x8
    Leg Curl - 75x12, 90x8, 90x6
    Standing/Seated Calve Raises - 165x10, 165x10, 75x10, 75x10

Shoulders
    Seated DB Shoulder Press - 35x12, 55x8, 55x8, 55x6
    Lateral Raises - 20x10, 20x10
    Forward Raises - 20x8, 20x8

Comments
    I felt overall strong on this day. I completely blasted my shoulders. I could barely hold my bag when I was leaving the gym. It felt great... Although, I didn't really do much more. Just a few more reps of the 55 DB's.

The leg workout was great. Major DOMS Saturday and today from it. Which made moving into the new apartment a lot of fun.

Speaking of which, I thought it was interesting. I haven't moved ever since I started hitting the gym religiously so moving was quite an experience. Furniture that I used to think was SERIOUSLY heavy was no longer heavy. I had AMAZING energy throughout the entire move. I was running back and forth to and from the truck with absolutely no problems and I could have kept going. We had some people helping us move and the guy that was helping me was a tad out of shape. He's twice my size and I was lifting items he couldn't. It felt great. He kept having to take breaks and I would be running back and forth getting boxes the entire time he was resting. I was carrying full pieces of furniture myself... something I wasn't able to do before. I mean, to me, this is what it's all about. Feeling healthy, fit and strong! I know that sounds cheesy, but that's the best thing about lifting/bodybuilding. The rewards. A great body, amazing health, triple your strength and energy. Good stuff.
    Last edited by intargc; 01-08-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Tuesday - Chest / Triceps

Chest
    DB Bench Press - 45x12, 75x8, 75x7, 75x6 (Per arm)
    BB Incline Bench Press - 150x6, 150x6
    Hammer Decline - 95x8, 95x8 (per arm)

Triceps
    Skull Crusher - 45x12, 65x8, 70x6, 70x6
    Tricep Extension (Rope) - 90x10, 100x6, 100x6

Comments
    Umm...

Thursday - Back / Biceps

Back
    Deadlifts - 135x10, 205x8, 215x7, 215x6
    Pullups - Mex10, +10x8, +10x8
    Hammer Iso Rows (Arm at a time) - 100x7, 100x7, 100x6
    Shrugs - 280x10, 280x9

Biceps
    Barbell curls - 65x10, 85x7, 85x6
    Hammer Curls - 35x7, 35x6, 35x5

Comments
    Bleh... My girlfriends cat is keeping me up at night. She'll literally lay on your face and neck. I have secret plans to let her out the door. "Oh no! I swear! She learned how to open it without and opposable thumb!" All I know is that it seriously hendered my ability to workout today. I felt like I was going to puke through the whole workout and I didn't do anything more than last week. Maybe just a couple more reps on some things... I'm blaming it on rest. That and the fact I'm seriously full and bloated... but, hey... what can ya do?

Wow, that one smells really weird. The milk started creeping up on me at the end of my workout today and I honestly felt sorry for the people that walked around me.

I went to a place near my new apartment last night. "Backyard Burgers". I think this is a new fast food place that's going to start popping up around places. Black Angus beef hamburgers. The one I got had 410 calories and 26 grams of fat (11 sat). I was like HELL YEAH, BITCHES! I also had the fries. I haven't had fries in SO long, I figured I'd give in. Oh, wait, I had fries at Fudruckers the other night. But other than that, I haven't had fries in a long time. To me, fries are only good when you go a few month's without having them. Then it's like "Gawd... how did I live without these things?!" Then I go back to a clean diet during the week and forget about fries for a while... Peanut butter and milk, bitches. Peanut butter and milk.

And hamburgers.

Saturday - Legs / Shoulders

Legs
    Leg Press - 180x14, 450x8, 450x9, 450x7
    Hack Squat - 290x8, 280x8 (girlfriend forgot to put 10 on), 290x9
    Leg Curls - 60x14, 90x11, 105x5
    Straight Leg Deadlifts - 90x12, 135x8, 145x8
    Seated Calve Raises - 70x10, 10x15

Shoulders
    Shoulder Press - 35x12, 55x8, 60x7
    Lateral Raises - 20x11, 20x10, 20x10
    Forward Raises - 20x10, 20x10

Comments
    Overall, I made improvements on legs. Again. That's good. I also went up on Shoulder presses. Another great thing since I've been lagging there...

I think, however, I'm going to change my routine up. After doing legs, I'm beat. I put everything into doing legs. Then going in and trying to put everything into shoulders just doesn't work as well as I thought. Here's what I'm thinking. Since I'm lagging on Chest, Shoulders, Biceps and Back a bit, I'll do a 4 day split.

Day 1 - Back (Deadlifts, Pull-ups, ISO Hammer Rows, Shrugs)
    Day 2 - Chest / Triceps (Bench, Incline DB's, Hammer Decline)
    Day 3 - Rest
    Day 4 - Legs (Same routine, I'm doing well with it.)
    Day 5 - Shoulders / Biceps (Arnolds, Lateral Raises, Forward Raises, BB curls, Hammer Curls)

What do you think? This way I can have a single day for legs and concentrate on my shoulders and Biceps on a single day since I'm lagging there and maybe add 1 more set to each exercise on back day since it lags a bit. I've been doing DB Bench Press and Incline BB press for about 3 months now so I figure I'll switch back to regular Bench Press and Incline DB's again and see if I can make some improvements there. Hell, I may just stick with the same chest routine because I was every so SLOWLY making improvement. Input is appreciated.

Since nobody commented on my routine, I just went ahead and changed it up... Here is what I ended up with on chest day...

Monday - Chest / Triceps

Chest
    Bench Press - 115x12, 155x10, 175x5, 165x6
    Incline DB Bench Press - 55x9, 60x8, 60x7
    Cable Flies - 20x10, 25x10, 30x8

Triceps
    Barbell skull crushers (SS with close grip bench. Same weight/reps) - 45x12, 65x8, 65x8
    Bentover Cable Extensions - 60x12, 80x12, 100x6, 100x6

Comments
    Some of the weight goes up and then down... For instance, Bench Press. Basically, I haven't done regular Barbell bench's in like 4 or more months. I've been doing DB Bench. So, I was trying to feel where I was currently on barbell bench. You know what? I didn't go up at all coming from DB bench over to Barbell bench! I stopped doing Barbell bench when I was doing 165x6. As you can see, it didn't go up much.

I'm not sure if adding the supersetting close grip bench was too much for the triceps. It felt good though. Triceps were very pumped when I left the gym. So was the chest! Barbell work really got it pumped. Moreso than the Dumbbells. I figure since I was able to do 175x5 at one point, my 1 month goal is to get up to 185x8. My girlfriend was with me last night again and I actually did 175x6, but she spotted me on the 6th pretty hard so I just didn't count it. I want to be pressing in the 200's... We'll see how it goes.

It was kind of funny... Last night I finished a set of skull crushers that I was trying really hard on and when I finished the girlfriend just stood beside me and helped me get the weight off for her next set and she goes "you did good honey" and then gave me a quick kiss. I mean, real quick. This tall pot belly weirdo standing next to us leans over to a guy next to him and goes "Well that's not something you want to see in the gym." very loud. The guy he said it to just kind of looked at him and shrugged and went back to working out because he didn't even see it. I think it was ridiculous... I mean, trust me, I can fully understand if two people were constantly kissing in the gym and hugging and making out and crap, but to see two people just quickly kiss each other. That guy had something up his butt. Or in his stomach... it looked like he was pregnant.

Tuesday - Back

Deadlifts - 95x12, 115x12, 230x6, 230x6
    Pullups - Mex12, +15x8, +15x7
    Bent Over Rows - 95x12, 135x7, 135x7
    Shrugs - 280x10, 280x10

Comments
    I think the form on my deads was a little off. GF said I was leaning a forward coming down but I kept my back straight regardless. Is that ok?

However, went up on deads, pullups and threw in some Bent over BB rows for my new routine. Yay.

Thursday - Legs

Leg Press - 180x12, 180x12, 450x7, 450x7
    Hack Squat - 290x7, 290x7, 280x7
    Leg Curls - 60x12, 95x7, 95x6
    SLDL - 95x12, 135x8, 145x8
    Standing / Seated Calve Raises - 80x10/50x10x4

Comments
    I gave my girlfriend her own leg routine last night. She was following my routine but I told her just because I can't do squats doesn't mean that she can't. So, I got her in the squat rack and had her doing ATF squats. I'm sorry, but there is something about a girl doing ATF squats that is hot. It's not as hot as when girls sit in the smith machine and do them though... Cause you see those girls all the time. Not even going parallel in the smith machine. Their legs way out in front of them so they can push up against the bar to give them leverage to get back up. That's not hot. My girlfriend in the squat rack doing ATF BB squats was hot.

Looks like a few solid workouts in a row there bro, despite the sloppy dead form. Nice work with the SLDLs and the rows as well, those are great to have in routine.
    Awesome to see that you've got your girlfriend lifting properly, we need more of those kind of women around.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

Thanks!

Yeah, it's nice to have a girlfriend that is as dedicated to this as I am. We have a lot in common... I got lucky I guess.

I'm going to keep a close eye on my deadlift form next week and make sure I don't go over like that again. Even if it means going down on the weight.

I'm posting friday and Monday's workout here...

Friday - Shoulders / Biceps

Shoulders
    External Rotation (Cable) - 30x12, 30x12, 30x12
    Arnolds - 30x12, 60x5, 60x5, 60x6
    Lateral Raises - 20x10, 20x12, 20x10

Biceps
    BB Curls - 65x12, 85x7, 85x6, 85x6
    Hammer Curls - 35x8 35x7, 35x6

Monday - Chest / Triceps

Chest
    Bench Press - 135x12, 170x8, 170x7, 170x7
    Incline DB Press - 65x7, 65x8, 65x6.5
    Cable Fly's - 35x6 (sloppy), 32.5x8, 32.5x7

Triceps
    Skull Crushers (SS with close grip bench) - 45x12, 70x7, 70x8
    Bent Over Extensions - 100x8, 110x7, 110x6

Comments
    Whatever.

Back

Deadlifts - 95x12, 135x10, 230x6, 230x6, 220x7
    Pull-ups - Mex12, +15x9, +15x8
    Bent Over Rows - 95x12, 135x10, 140x8, 145x7
    Shrugs - 280x10, 280x10, 280x10

Comments
    Took me a while to post this. My laptop went down. I have to wait on disks from IBM To get it working again. On top of that I deleted 50% of the code I've been writing for my new business and I had to rewrite all of it again because I forgot to check it into CVS. On top of that I keep eating something for lunch that is killing my stomach... I have a triple decker PB&J on whole wheat for lunch and a glass of milk. Now, at first I thought it was the milk. However, I drink milk all day long with my protein shakes, at dinner, etc... No problems. Then I thought "Hmm... may be the PB." that doesn't make sense because I have a slice of whole wheat in the AM with 2 tbsp of Natty PB on it with my protein shake! No problems there... So that rules out the bread and PB. I'm starting to think it's the Jelly. The experation date is good on it, but I think that it's giving me a seriously sour stomach. Put it this way, it's either the Jelly or the milk and I drink milk more often than I eat Jelly... Ugh I feel like ass.

Monday - Chest / Triceps

Chest
    Bench Press - 95x14, 155x10, 175x6, 175x5
    Incline DB Press - 65x6, 65x6, 65x5
    Cable Fly's - 32.5x8, 32.5x7, 30x7

Triceps
    Skull Crushers - 45x12, 70x8, 70x8
    Bent over extensions - 110x5, 110x5

Comments
    So, I had a stomach virus all last week. I lost 5 lbs. It sucked. I didn't make it to the gym at all. However, I've managed to gain back 3 of those lbs that were lost.

My body is totally rejecting milk now. At first, my body was fine with Milk. Then, I started getting gassy and bloated so I started to take Lactaid. This worked for a bit. However, now it feels like my stomach is being torn apart after I drink it. Tonight after the workout, I had my usual 2 scoops of Optimum protein with milk. I took a lactaid with it. I've been on the edge of puking all night. My stomach feels like it's being twisted and pulled and I'm having some bad ass acid reflux which is due to me needed to puke, I guess. I'm trying to find anything I can to settle my stomach right now. This sucks. I'm never drinking milk again. Put it this way, it's either the milk or the protein and I think I've narrowed it down to the milk. Ugh... This needs to leave soon so I can actually sleep!

I got a chest day in this week... I'm still sick. I'm getting sick after I eat. The doctor thinks it's lactose intollerance, however, I'm not exactly sure that's the case. I have always been able to eat cheese and sour cream and yogurt and such with no problems. Now, all the sudden I'm severly lactose intollerant? That doesn't make sense to me. I think it's some weird gastrointestinal disorder. However, I almost always eat dairy items. So, it's hard to tell. Yesterday I had pizza and got sick later in the afternoon. Today I had a chicken burrito with shredded chicken, rice and a little bit of sour cream on top. I started feeling sick right around 5 PM. Came home and was right on the very edge of throwing up but never did. It went away after about 2 hours. I'm starving, but I don't feel like eating anything but soup right now... Everything else makes me sick when I think of it. On Monday when I worked out I felt weak and finished up the day, but had to run to the bathroom in between it all... So I'm going to stay out of the gym the rest of this week. I'm not even eating enough to have ANY energy to work out anyway. I hate this... I feel like I'm making excuses to stay out of the gym, but I don't think my body likes it right now.

I'm going to try and stay off of ALL diary items for about 5 days. The doc told me about a new enzyme supplement that is supposed to put Lactaid to shame. It's a 1-a-day supplement called "Digestive Advantage LI". However, it takes 2 days to get into your system and I just started it today. We'll see if that fixes anything. If it doesn't and I'm not feeling any better after not having any diary items, they're going to send me to a Gastrointestinal expert. So, we'll see how things go... Hopefully they can figure it out so I can get back to eating and lifting. This sucks so bad.

From what Hatred's said, I can't wait to meet your sister.

Dude, look at the name of your journal, and look where you might be going if the decreased dairy doesn't help...Gastrointestinal expert.

I think you should ditch this journal ASAP and start a new one with a better title.

Quote Originally Posted by xian
    From what Hatred's said, I can't wait to meet your sister.
    What's that supposed to mean?

Dude, look at the name of your journal, and look where you might be going if the decreased dairy doesn't help...Gastrointestinal expert.

I think you should ditch this journal ASAP and start a new one with a better title.
    Why you gotta be hatin' on my title, yo?

When you bulk, who doesn't have gas? Don't tell me you don't... go back to the begining of my journal and let's read about how you farted your wife out of bed.

I stopped drinking milk about 2 weeks ago, so it's not that. I honestly don't think it's the dairy. I think I have some sort of other issue, but I'm going to try the decrease in all dairy items and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by intargc
    What's that supposed to mean?
    She's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by xian
    She's hot.
    Hatred lies. My sister is missing 2 teeth and is slightly bald from the stove accident last Christmas. I mean, if you like a girl who is partly bald, missing teeth and has a large scar running from her left ear to her right ear, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by intargc
    Why you gotta be hatin' on my title, yo?

When you bulk, who doesn't have gas? Don't tell me you don't... go back to the begining of my journal and let's read about how you farted your wife out of bed.

I stopped drinking milk about 2 weeks ago, so it's not that. I honestly don't think it's the dairy. I think I have some sort of other issue, but I'm going to try the decrease in all dairy items and see if that helps.
    lol
    I am actually relieved that you don't think it is milk related. Not being able to drink milk ever again would be devistating.

I think you should hit up a specialist and possibly have him take a look up the 'ol poop shoot to make sure you don't have some form of IBS that makes your stomach hurt all the time after eating. Usually IBS deals in constipation related activity though, I think.

Whatever the case, I hope you get better soon.

OH and P.S. Please post pics of your sister.
    Last edited by muscleup; 02-17-2006 at 10:37 AM.

lol
    I am actually relieved that you don't think it is milk related. Not being able to drink milk ever again would be devistating.

I think you should hit up a specialist and possibly have him take a look up the 'ol poop shoot to make sure you don't have some form of IBS that makes your stomach hurt all the time after eating. Usually IBS deals in constipation related activity though, I think.

Whatever the case, I hope you get better soon.
    Indeed. Milk brought in about 1,000 calories a day for me. I mean, I always got gassy and bloated from the milk, which I attribute to lactose intollerance, but how can it go from that to an all out puking session just over night?! I asked the Dr. if the intollerance can just build up that quickly and he said "No." I mean, I know some people drink milk and then stop for a while and then when they start back they're all the sudden intollerant, but that's after a lapse. It could have slowly come on during that lapse.

What would piss me off the most is I'm a cheese and sour cream fanatic. I can't go without cheese. I eat cheese on almost everything. My pizza, burrito's, burgers, etc... Mmm... cheese... I don't know. Last week I was eating cheese on crackers after I got sick and I was absolutely fine. Then I had a burrito with cheese and I was fine. Then I had 2 slices of pizza on Wednesday and got sick and had a small dab of sour cream on a chicken and rice burrito and got sick last night.

The good part is, I haven't lost much weight yet. I'm still at 168 lbs. That's what I went down to 2 weeks ago when I first got sick. I seem to be stable there and you can definitely tell the water weight is gone... I actually have a flatter stomach now! haha

If you want to see pics of my sister, go to MySpace.com and look her up. I'm not going to flaunt my sister around to men. Come on!

I will say she's a very beautiful girl and she deserves it because she works very hard to keep the body she has. She's had two children and she still has a better body than most 18 year old girls. Mainly because she has muscle.