Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whose fault?

whose fault?

so

i'm pulling into my parking lot, it's raining and dark outside

i'm not travelling at an improper rate of speed, i just made a 90 deg turn to get into the lot

a neighbor walks out in front of me with her dog and i have to hit the brakes

whose fault is it?

she started getting all hype and waving her arms at me like i was in the wrong

i'm thinking it's pitch black outside and i'm in a car with shiny lighhts on front

shouldn't she have seen me and waited for me to pass instead of just walking in front of me like that?

i guess it just bothered me because she starting acting all pissed after it happened
    Last edited by excokehead; 12-05-2005 at 03:34 PM.
    the fear of losing removes the desire to win

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    a neighbor walks out in front of me with her dog and i have to hit the brakes

whose fault is it?
    Even if it's her fault, you have to be looking out for pedestrians at ALL times...which you were because you slammed your brakes on in time.

she started getting all hype and waving her arms at me like i was in the wrong

i'm thinking it's pitch black outside and i'm in a car with shiny lighhts on front

shouldn't she have seen me and waited for me to pass instead of just walking in front of me like that?

i guess it just bothered me because she starting acting all pissed after it happened
    You can't expect people to use their wonderful human brain 24/7. I see people all the time just walk across the street looking at the damn floor. Some people are stupid.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Sorry dude, but I'm on the lady's side. I run/walk my dogs at night every night. Of course, I wear bright, reflective clothing to try and let automobiles see me, but there is always a schmuck in a hurry who cuts me off pulling into their driveway or making a turn. I usually kick their car and let loose with a stream of colourful invectives.

You are in a machine that can kill me and my animals, very easily. The pedestrian on the sidewalk has the right of way. 100% of the time. For good reason. Rainy and dark would be of absolutely no use to you in a court of law if something were to have happened. It is your responsibility to look both ways down the sidewalk before crossing it.
    Last edited by meltedtime; 12-05-2005 at 04:02 PM.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

i wouldn't consider myself a schmuck

but anyway

this girl was walking right out of her enclosed back patio area actually, so her dog could sh*t in the parking lot

it wasn't like she was in the middle of the street in plain view

she walked out and in front of my car

i don't know, there's been plenty of people who haven't gotten the blame when a pedestrian ran out in front of their car
    Last edited by excokehead; 12-05-2005 at 04:07 PM.

sorry, the schmuck comment was general, not pointed at you. It sounds like you're in a condo unit or something like it. That is private property and not subject to the same rules as a regular sidewalk. Run the bitch over next time.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Remember: if you're a pedestrian, all cars are trying to kill you, and if you're in a car, all pedestrians are trying to kill themselves.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

It's an honest mistake, but I think pedestrians have right of way in this case. If she's your neighbor, give her a box of milkbones to say your sorry and that it was an honest mistake you didn't see them. Be the bigger person.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 12-05-2005 at 04:19 PM.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Give her the finger, lol

on second thought, I would be upset but like 99.99999% of everything else I'd get over it.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by excokehead
    i don't know, there's been plenty of people who haven't gotten the blame when a pedestrian ran out in front of their car
    That's because pedestrians usually always have the right of way. We would all love if they would watch out for cars, but the reality is that the drivers are expected to drive slowly and watch out for pedestrians.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    If she walked out from an enclosure or from around the corner where she couldn't have seen you and you couldn't have seen her until you met grille to face, then it's really a toss up. If she was walking down the sidewalk and you were about to make a turn it was your reponsibility to make sure your way was clear of pedestrians. There is pretty much no way that she was at fault- either it was a draw or you weren't careful enough.

No worries since there was no impact. Apologize and be on your way.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Who cares? This is not a big deal. Get over it.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Banned
    i gotta say, pedestrians should know better than to walk out in front of moving cars especially at night. i don't think youre in the wrong bro

It was clearly her fault; you should have shot her, put her in your trunk, and dumped her in a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    Who cares? This is not a big deal. Get over it.
    No kidding.

You inconvienced someone in a very minor way, who cares.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I blame the dog.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    I blame the dog.

I blame steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    It was clearly her fault; you should have shot her, put her in your trunk, and dumped her in a lake.

Merry Christmas!
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

:evillaugh

maybe i can test that one out this afternoon

I've been deleted stronginthearm's Avatar
    so you where mounting the walkway to into your lot where you.
    if your where the lady had right of way.
    it be like running a red light and say well i nearly hit her is it her fault?

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    I'm with shooter. Unless she's hot, then I'm with bill and you should give her the milkbones.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

The integrity of your car's paintjob is clearly more important than this dog's life- this woman's, even.

Next time, forget you have brakes.

(all in jest, I swear it.)
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Why'd you hit the breaks?

Was she wearing dark?

If so, state that she wasn't visible and almost met the undercarriage of your car because of it.

If she wore visible clothing, it's pretty much your bad.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

next time do the exact same thing to her and kick off like she did. ohh and hope she doesnt hit ya lol
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

I've been deleted stronginthearm's Avatar
    bleat bleat bleat baa!!!!