The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

bulking question and creatine question

Alright well i have been bulking for about 6 weeks taking in about 3300 calories a day. I have gained about 2 pounds. Is it because im converting all my fat i had into muscle right now? or is it because im running or something to much? I do alot of spints because i have to stay flexible for football next year. Do you think i might be burning to many calories or something?

and

I have another question about creatine. I went to the local GNC thinking yea i will just come in here and pick up some creatine, but i had no clue what kind to pick. I didnt know there was so many choices. Right now it take 100% why protein before and after my workout if that has anything to do with my choice of what creatine to take. So what kind of creatine do you think i should take.

Thanks For All The Help

Fenixfan08
    Name: Cody Kallas
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 155

"Impossible is Nothing"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixfan08
    Is it because im converting all my fat i had into muscle
    Fat (adipose tissue) does not turn into muscle tissue.

The simple answer to gain more weight is to eat more. Or take out some of the activties that require calories. Your choice.

Grasshoppa
    As Slim said, fat doesn't turn into muscle. You can burn off fat and gain muscle, but one doesn't magically convert into the other. Whether or not you are burning fat and gaining muscle (which is somewhat common in people new to dieting and training correctly), is out for debate since I have no idea what your body composition started at and what it is now.

In the case that you are just gaining weight really slowly, the answer is that you aren't eating enough.

As for which creatine to take, pure creatine monohydrate is just fine.
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 12-04-2005 at 04:09 PM.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig Member
    Alright thanks for all the help. I meant buring the fat and getting muscle. I know it cant just change. I guess I'll try to eat more then i already do and maybe slim down on the sprints a little.
    Thank You
    Fenixfan08

"Impossible is Nothing"

That's going to be a tough goal to reach. You really better start packing in the calories immediately.

Two pounds in six weeks will not get you there.
    Last edited by Jorge Sanchez; 12-04-2005 at 07:25 PM.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Wannabebig Member
    Yes its a big goal i really want to reach but with the way i have been burning calories im really going to have to take in alot more. Its kind of hard to afford all of the supplemention that could be used to gain. And if i did take the creatine you recommend when is the right times to take it?
    Thanks Alot
    cody

"Impossible is Nothing"

Food is the best supplement.

Its kind of hard to afford all of the supplemention that could be used to gain.
    Key words are "could be used"

You don't need loads of protein powder, etc to gain weight.

Grasshoppa
    Yes its a big goal i really want to reach but with the way i have been burning calories im really going to have to take in alot more. Its kind of hard to afford all of the supplemention that could be used to gain. And if i did take the creatine you recommend when is the right times to take it?
    Thanks Alot
    cody
    You can easily gain w/o supplementation. Considering you're new to all of this, you'll be able to make great gains. If you insist on doing cardio (note: burns more calories), then of course you'll need to increase your calorie intake to compensate for the negated calorie balance.

As for when to take creatine, run a search on creatine. There are a few hundred threads on it with every possible question you would probably think of to ask us.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I've never taken creatine, and I haven't taken protein powder in the past six months, during which time I have seen my best gains.

As Slim already said, supplements are not necessary, especially if you are just starting out.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur