Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last 10 Pounds

Bulking Slowly

Well I haven't followed a eating plan for a month now. All of December I ate whatever and whenever I wanted to. My training also stopped for about 3 weeks.

I actually felt great during this time since I haven't taken any time off away from the gym the past year.

Now it's back to the training and diet. I will be looking to shed the last 10 pounds or so that I've accumalated during my previous bulk up.

So I decided to go back to a CKD plan.

My workouts will be 3x's a week with little cardio ( maybe 1 session or 2 a week).
    They will be whole body workouts not to failure. The only workout I will really push myself will be the workout following my carb up.
    The other 2 I will use to deplete my gylcogen stores.

My cals are at 2400.
    Fat 200 grams
    Protein 150 grams

Now on my first 2 days after my carb up I will be using a slighlty different ratio.

Carbs: 230
    Protien 85-90 grams.

This will be so I can get into ketosis faster.

Right now I'm sitting at 200 pounds.
    I'm not quite sure where my BF is but I will get that checked out soon.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 02-11-2002 at 11:38 AM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

My workout with Termy was ok.
    I did my whole body using only six reps.
    I didn't finish due to fatigue.
    I also complained like a little girl to.
    My diet was good and I finished my last meal at 8:00.
    Man is it hard to ignore the cravings especially since I had nothing around to kill them ( jello, soda etc..).
    Anyways today is good, I feel a little tiered, my whole body is sore which feels nice.
    I will do a 15-20 rep whole body workout tonight.
    My last meal will be after my workout. Cheese and 6 eggs.

I'm gonna start taking my supps, Vit C, Vit E, Multi, fenugreek, glutamine, taurine and creatine.

I'm not looking flat but I'm sure that will come. My carb up will be next Saturday and Sunday.
    Cardio tomorrow at 30 mins.
    I should be asleep by 11:00 tonight so that will be good.

Now for my workouts I will be using different exercises for all three workouts.
    Why?
    Because I'm doing a whole body routine I want some variety so I don't give up and head home.

Well, till tomorrow............
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Maki Riddington-
    Good luck bro. I am trying to lose another 15-20 lbs... so I got a ways to go. But I have until Spring / Summer to do it.

I just barley finished my workout last night. I did a circut style and boy was I tiered. I only did two sets of 15 reps for each bodypart. I came home and had my last meal roughly two hours later.

Today my biceps are extremely sore as are my legs.
    All in all I feel good, I don't feel the same as last time. Which makes me wonder if I've even entered ketosis?
    That coppery taste hasn't appeared yet in my mouth yet.
    I took my supps last night.
    5 grms Creatine
    5 gams Glutimine
    5 grams Taurine
    My vits and 45 mg of Vanadyl Sulfate. I'm using this supp just because I've had it sitting around for awhile.
    I stillhave to do my 30 minutes of cardio and my calves tonight. I hope I can make it in tonight to the gym.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 01-06-2002 at 04:58 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Well so far today I'm on track. I'm going to skip my cardio session due to an extremely sore pair of legs. I have a workout due tomorrow so I don't want my cardio interupting my workouts.
    I slept only 6 hours but I'll be getting a good 9 hours tonight.

I will however do my calves tonight. I've noticed that my hunger has been blunted. I'll be extremely hungry and have a meal and then I won't be hungry for another 5 hours or so. This may not be such a good thing cause I haven't even started on my fat burners yet. Those will have more of a dramatic effect on my hunger levels. So far the diet seems to be going well. I do look a tad flat but I think the creatine and company are helping.

I also have noticed that I'm having mental blocks. I have a hard time remembering where I put things now. Hopefully this side effct will subside with time.
    This week I'll be switching from bacon and eggs to steak and wings. I also need to get a fibre supplement to make my bowl movements occur on a more regular basis. I've noticed as well that they don't happen as often which kinda worries me.
    Other than that I'm feeling fine, no headaches and no sluggish feelings. It must be a mental thing cause this time around I'm putting a whole hearted effort into it.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Last nights workout was good, I upped my weights up by 5 on everything.
    I came home and had 4 strips of bacon, my supps and watched some television and played some vids.

I didn't get to sleep till 2:00 though. I had a early start so I was up at 6am to train a client. Then I chatted up the cute front desk attendant for some time and came home and slept. I cam home at 8:00 and woke up at 1:30 pm this afternoon. Boy was I exhausted.

I'm now at work and will have all my supps and food on today.
    I will be getting my bf done on Friday. Then every Friday I will be getting my BF done so I can see how much muscle I lose on this diet. I'm hoping I'm at 15%.

I've got to purchase some maltodextrin for my carb up Saturday and the I've bought all my pasta for Sunday.
    I'm a tad flat but other than that I'm feeling good.
    I bought some cyrstal light to sip on at night so I think I'm all set.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Chatting up the cute desk attendant = Ace. LOL.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Well I got a early start again tomorrow and I'm geting my bf done at around 7:00 am.
    My food and supps were on today.
    However tomorrow I will be taking in nil saturated fats. So my diet will consist of flax oil, whey protien and some cyrstal light mixed together.

At around 7:00pm I will take in roughly 50 grams of carbs coming from bannanas and will do my depletion workout. I will do my heavy sets first followed by my high reps. I'm gonna keep going till I feel I'm about to bonk.

Can't wait for Saturday and Sunday. CARBS!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I can taste them already.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Well I just got back from my assesment and it wasn't good. I said I was aiming for 15% well I was told I was 19%.

This can't be acurate as I don't look 19%. I didn't even look 19% in my bulking pics I posted back in the summer. I did however look at my last BF test and I saw that my tricep and thigh measurments were down 1-2mm while my abdominal and supriliac measurements were up 5-6 mm. This leads me to believe that most of my weight is held in my abdominal region.

My weight this morning was 192.2. I'm not gonna hit my traget weight of 190 at 10%. I'm kinda depressed but hey thats life. I'll keep plugging away at the diet and hit a bulk cycle in March.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Well I did my depletion workout and boy was I tiered afterwards.
    I cheated and had some beers last night but I just used it as a early carb up.

I'm doing my carb up today and I'm not feeling that well, I feel really tiered and dizzy.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Ok so this was my first carb up and it was pretty hard. I didn't get near enough carbs in but I am looking much fuller now.

So, I woke up saturday morning and had a carb up and some whey, I had this 3 x's in the day with some chocolate and some chicken and rice. Around midafternoon I wasn't feeling good at all. I was dizzy, nauseated and tiered. I wanted to go home andf sleep. I guess my body was getting a huge insilun spike and I wasn't adapting to it to well. By 5 in the evening I was fine.
    I had some beers that night and also had some sushi. 4 pieces of Ebi and some Yakisoba and chicken. I took my creatine twice. I fell asleep around 12:30 am.
    I had a good sleep and started off Sunday with some beers first thing. About a hour later I had a huge plate of pasta and then some chocolate. I then proceeded to drive to my buddies house and had 12 grams of creatine and 60 grams of dextrose with some taurine and glutamine. From there we left to go to the mall for sushi with some friends after I bought my girlfirends engagement ring. Which by the way cost me roughly 6 months salary. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that. Anyways back to my carb up. At the resteraunt I was extremely and I do mean extremely thirsty. I downed about a litre and a half of water, probally more like 2 litres. I came home and finished my pasta off and had some more chocolate. Then I went to my girlfriends house and ate a whole bowl of microwave popcorn. I came home and had some more beer and had some mashed potatoes and a pork chop. MMMMMMM. I finished the night off with some chocolate and had a carb up drink with a couple scoops of whey and creatine.

All in all I could have eaten more carbs but my appetite was holding me back. So next week I'll have to force feed myself.
    I also noticed that I was much more tiered throught these last two days and I went to bed a lot earlier than usual.

Also my carb up will only be one day and it will be on a Sunday now.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

well the rule of thumb is that a ring should cost 3 months salary, i think?

so i guess that means you love her twices as much.

hey what did you get her?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

A solitare. It's not even a half carat. I know size doesn't matter but when I get a decent paying job that rock is getting supersized to at least a carat.

Oh ya, I also started taking my fat burners today. I'm taking them every two hours until 3:00. And my first meal of the day is around 10:00am -12:00.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

ahh..don't go higher then 3/4 of a carat....they start getting vulgar when they are too big. what cut?

i'm presuming color and clarity are quite good, considering price. I'm sure she'll love it regardless. this is something to be joyful about. don't be sad. turn that frown upside down!
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

well the rule of thumb is that a ring should cost 3 months salary, i think?
    Wooooah......are you fookin crazy?

My food was on yesterday except I forgot to take my supps post work out cause I went straight to a late night movie. I only did one set for each muscle group x 6 reps. I got a slight pump but was pretty tiered afterwards.

I said it before and I'll say it again this program is aweful for strength. I don't know how one can get any stronger without carbs. I guess it's just me. I'm just barely pushing out a 300 deep squat for 6 reps. I should be up close to 400 at those reps.
    My weight was 197 yesterday and it's 199 today. I'm leaner so I'm happy about that, I actually can start to see my cheek bones.

Anyways I was comtemplating using the Anabolic Diet to bulk but
    I figure my strength would suffer. So I'll be going back to a bulking phase come the end of Febuary. This time I'm gonna focus on my strength. I'll probally ask Powerman to make up a routine for me cause I never end up following my own for some odd reason. I usually stick to them for 3-4 weeks and then change it up.

Today I'm gonna do my whole body and then go right to sleep. I'm pretty tiered and my fat ratios are at 85% and my protein is at 15%. Thats to kick me into Ketosis faster. I'm taking fat burners now so I hope that helps. Other than that I'm good to go.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 01-15-2002 at 05:32 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

I'm sore from my workout last night. I did 2 sets of every muscle group for 15 reps. My quads are killing me especially.
    I only got 4 hours of sleep last night so I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow. My supps are taken, I took my fat burners and I finished my last meal at 6:30 this evening. My next meal won't be until 11:00am tomorrow.

One good thing is my new roomy is a killer and I do mean killer chef so I'm getting all these new recipies I can use for meats. MMMMMM I had jerk boneless pork chops today and bacon.
    So good! I can't wait to taste his food.

I can tell that I'm a little foogy in the head because today as I was returning to my car I proceeded to get in the passenger side and buckle up. I went to turn the car on and I realized that there was no steering wheel. I looked over and realized what had happened. This lady who was walking past must have thought I was either crazy or plain dumb.

Anyways, I'm loving this CKD diet.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Well I almost cheated last night. Thank God for bacon. I was craving pizza and I ordered about 30 wings. I was wondering why they were so dang cheap. Well it happens tha they were breaded which PO'ed me a great deal.

So I cooked up 7 strips of bacon at 11:30 at night.

My food was off these last two days.
    I weighed myself this morning and I was 189.6.
    I'm down three pounds from last week.
    I've taken my supps so thats on track.
    I however missed my bf appointemnt because of a busy morning. I'm going to do my depletion workout tonight and then start my carb up tonight. Ya, I know I said I would keep it to one day but my fat loss is going well I can afford to carb up for two days. I bought some beer and am gonna order some pizza tonight.
    I love this diet!!!!!

Oh ya, I checked my blood pressure and it was 133 over 93.
    Not that great.
    My pulse was at 61.
    Mind you I had taken some fat burners about an hour before.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Maki Riddington-
    Good luck getting those last 10 bro... I gotta get rid of the last 19.. hehe.

My carb up weekend went smoothly.
    I'm around 194.
    Lots o beer and pizza. Ah yes the joys of this diet.
    Anyways, I missed my workout on Monday due to my last minute cramming on my presentation. My food was off but thats ok.
    I don't seem to have lost any muscle. I took some pics yesterday and I tried posting them but they ended up to small. I do however have to work on my calves, more specifically my left one.

I'm taking my fatburners 3x's a day so I'm fairly wired all day up till 6:00 pm.
    I'm gonna hopefully get a workout in tonight if I'm not feeling to tiered.

It looks like I'm gonna reach my goal by mid Febuary. I should have my carb intake up around the end of Febuary. Then the bulking process will continue.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

I'd like to see some pics.

I have the same trouble with my left calve. Weird.
    Yates

hard core n. 1 irreducible nucleus. 2 colloq. a the most committed members of a society

'Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind'

Originally posted by YatesNightBlade
    I'd like to see some pics.

I have the same trouble with my left calve. Weird.
    *** Well then, actually I'll post some once I can figure out how to post them without having to squint at my screen when looking at them.

I skipped my workout again last night. I was going through my transition and it was making me feel extremely natious.
    I'm in ketosis now.

I'm gonna do my workout tonight for sure!
    No, really, I mean it!
    My sups have been skipped but not tonight, my cals were a tad low but not tonight.

I keep forgetting to buy some Green Tea!!!
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Here I am 3 months ago.
    I'm not pumped in this pic.
    I'm at around 205.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 01-25-2002 at 12:07 AM.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Here's my leg.
    Actually they're a tad bigger now.
    But there also hairy so I won't post a pic of them yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

I'll try to get some more recent ones.
    I erased my other ones cause you couldn't really see my body.

Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have one up.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo