The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

A couple newbie questions

Hey all,

I tried to use the search features on all the questions I am about to ask... but all it did was come up with journals.

Anyways, first a little about me. Today is the day I begin the WBB1 routine. I'm 5'9 150 and never seriously lifted in my life.

Question 1: I have read over and over that diet is key. I'm looking to bulk right now so I eat pretty much whatever I can. Obviously with eating I am going to go to the bathroom more often "#2". I'm wondering why sometimes #2 is solid... and other time it's almost like i'm peeing. Do I need to eat more fibre or something?

Question 2: In regards to compound excersizes. How do you figure out how much weight you should be lifting?

Question 3: Realistically, I won't be able to give up going partying (I gotta stay sane). So I am wondering how bad is drinking? Am I pretty much shooting myself in the foot if I get sh*tfaced on a Friday or Saturday (next day being a day off).

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

1. Are you lactose intolerant?
    2. Start with the smallest weight you can, see how you feel two days later. If you still hurt so bad you can't feed yourself, it was too high. If you don't feel anything, it was too low.
    3. Alcohol is empty calories, stops fat burning, and interferes with muscle growth. Your call.

Welcome to the lifestyle.

when you search next time, make sure to select advanced, then which section on the bottom right.. if you click on the main forums, it'll only search those sections, excluding journals
    Last edited by tigo; 12-10-2005 at 03:16 PM.
    I don't have time. I make time.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks alban, that should help.

Built, I am not lactose intolerant.. any other ideas of what could be the cause? I'm assuming it's something i'm not eating. (Although this never really happened before)

What are you eating now that you weren't eating before?

Some folks aren't lactose intolerant if they only consume small quantities of it, but get it when they start chugging skim milk.

I'm like this - the little bit of milk in my tea, or the cottage cheese I eat are both fine, but if I drink a glass of skim milk, well, the paint peels off the walls, if you catch my drift.