The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

training too much in one day?

Hi I am new here and was wondering if it was possible to train to much in one day. I know your not supposed to train the same part of your body everyday but when you do is it possible to train to much in one day or should you beat the heck out of it till it is swelled and tight as all hell and make it hurt. Just wondering thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

if you train like this you'll probably stunt growth and progress

and you should never train til it "hurts", maybe sore or failure, but IMO pain=bad
    I don't have time. I make time.

Wannabebig Member
    When I say hurt I guess i mean failure. I like to work my arms till they feel like they are just huge doing tons of reps of as much as I can do. But my body is never sore I just broke 300 on my bench and I still can't make my arms sore I feel like my growth is slow and I want to really worke myself to make myslef grow.

I guess I am supposed to put this in here
    305X1 at the end of my exercise 10, 8, 6, etc..
    I don't really do that other stuff don't know to many lifts.
    202LBS

Quote Originally Posted by modpodcrazy
    202LBS

i'm pretty sure that's why your growth is slow
    Bench Press is a compound pressing lift, it pretty much hits pecs tris delts lats.. if you're growing is slow, try working those muscles too.. you'll probably see your lift go up
    also check your form

squats and deadlifts help too i believe.

When I say hurt I guess i mean failure. I like to work my arms till they feel like they are just huge doing tons of reps of as much as I can do. But my body is never sore I just broke 300 on my bench and I still can't make my arms sore I feel like my growth is slow and I want to really worke myself to make myslef grow.

202LBS
    hey try mixing up your chest workout. Don't just do bench press. Do a dumbell press, do incline and decline. Mix it up.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Wannabebig Member
    yeah whe i go to the gym i do bench 10 reps with 45's and 25's on each side add ten and decrease reps by 2 each time then go to failure once i reach one rep. I then do curls free weight 45's back and fourth 10 for each arm 3 sets then i do free weights 65 butterflys then pull downs not sure how much weight as much as i can get 3 sets of 10. I normally end with a mile run and 3 sets of 10 pull ups were i also bring my knees to the bar for my abs other then that don't really do anything else don't know what to do

Last edited by tigo; 12-15-2005 at 12:48 AM.

well you can train everyday if you want. You can train 8 hours a day if you want. But first you must know your goals. Are you there for the bodybuilding purpose or there to punish your body by hurting it (making it swell up, tight, and sore)?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster

202LBS
    Soreness is meaningless. You can be sore and not grow. You can be sore and grow. Soreness only means that your body is sore. That is all.

Bought to you courtesy of Extreme,
    Soreness 101.

PS If you want to grow, squat and deadlift are two good lifts to start with.

this is a good question, I've wondered the same thing before. Look at it this way: you shouldn't be in the gym over an hour (or much over) on your training day. Do what you can in that time.
    Reason is that after this, efforts become counterproductive, as testosterone may decrease, and your energy level should be very low. (and if its not, train harder)
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.