The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Anyone Have The Bowflex?? Cuz I Need Hellppp

I was wondering if anyone around here has or has used the bowflex for some time. This is my story. I had got the bowflex and at the time i was really skinny. I was around 155 and 6 feet tall. I decided i wanted to get bigger so i started up on the bowflex. I also decided to eat ALOT. this was all during a month and a half during summer vacation away from college. I would train chest and tris one day and then shoulders back bis the other day and rest one day after that and go again 2 days on and 1 day rest. I was also using creatine made my muscletech at the time with MRIs NO2. In that short time i went up to 205 pounds and most of it was muscle or semi muscle. A little fat came with it but no one could tell and everyone thought I went on steroids when i came back to school. It has been 2 years after that and people still ask me if i went on steroids that summer. When i got back to school i tried to lift free weights and it just didnt seem the same to me. I wasnt putting up much weight either. People were like you look alot bigger than you can lift. That really bothered me. With school in the way and all i have not been able to get in the gym so basically now my body is more fatty but im not fat and alot less muscly where i have stretch marks along my biceps and chest. I weigh about 190 now and i want to get back into lifting hardcore and get back into 210-220. I was wondering should i just go back to the bowflex even though i had maxed out on the weight on there and just get more weight added on to it or start at the gym and see where that goes again?? At one point on the bowflex near the end of the summer i was lifting everyday and was jus getting bigger and it felt amazing. I dont kno if that was that i needed to lift everyday to make it comparable of lifting 2 days on and 1 day off at a real gym. Someone help me out in trying to make sense of all of this. THanks alot guys i really need some help here

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I'm always so impressed and inspired when someone with your condition (paraplegic or amputee) steps up and still trains with weights.

Most home equipment (machines like Bowflex) don't provide enough resistance for serious trainers. I would find a gym that can accomodate your wheelchair, and train there.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 12-07-2005 at 07:58 AM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

1. Learn to break up your paragraphs so that they're readable.
    2. Sell your bowflex. Use the money to buy a power rack and an olympic weight set.

Your poundages will go down from the bowflex "weights". I don't feel like explaining why right now, so maybe someone nicer and more patient than I will chime in. Just deal with the lower weights, keep eating and you'll reap the benefits in no time.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Free Weights = Gold
    Bowfelx = Bronze

I hope that made some sense
    Bulking is living.

Weight:187 LBS
    Height:5'11
    BF:Somewhere around 13-14%

Parallel Squat: 220*8
    Deadlift(Sumo): 260*8
    Bench 165*4

My Journal- "Bulking is Living [By:Rick]"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    I'm always so impressed and inspired when someone with your condition (paraplegic or amputee) steps up and still trains with weights.

Most home equipment (machines like Bowflex) don't provide enough resistance for serious trainers. I would find a gym that can accomodate your wheelchair, and train there.
    lol
    pwned

now why do i gotta get made fun of here?? haha cant we get some mature people in here jus to answer questions, haha but i guess i should of expected this.

Quote Originally Posted by viperc8
    now why do i gotta get made fun of here?? haha cant we get some mature people in here jus to answer questions, haha but i guess i should of expected this.
    learn the definition of mature first, then post.

thank you
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    bowflex=lazy people

Banned

dont get it?

Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    dont get it?
    You didn't even mention legs like you were capable of training them, so he poked fun at you.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dw06wu
    You didn't even mention legs like you were capable of training them, so he poked fun at you.
    poked fun at the thread starter, i just had no idea what he meant

nice subtle humor
    I don't have time. I make time.

WBB Member

LOL, that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    1. Learn to break up your paragraphs so that they're readable.
    2. Sell your bowflex. Use the money to buy a power rack and an olympic weight set.

Your poundages will go down from the bowflex "weights". I don't feel like explaining why right now, so maybe someone nicer and more patient than I will chime in. Just deal with the lower weights, keep eating and you'll reap the benefits in no time.
    Best advice!

I have a Bowflex and I use it only as a big triceps machine for push downs, and maybe for flies once a month, the rest of the time it sits there collecting dust. If it wasn't tied up in family politics, I'd sell it tomorrow to some fool and buy a power rack and my home set up would be complete.

As someone with absolutely no vested interest (I didn't buy it, I don't owe money on it, I'm not trying to justify having one etc) the Bowflex is garbage...